Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 22-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Experiencer
*raises hand* Hi, my name is Aki, and I have been an avid reader of manga and watcher of anime for about 14 years now, and I am ready to admit that I have a problem. =D

Some of my favorites will always be the ones from my childhood, like Digimon, Outlaw Star, and Cowboy Bebop. Digimon pulled me away from Pokemon (they could TALK!!), and Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop were the first ones to really introduce me to what could be called "grownup" anime (less childhish themes, but still a lot of antics).

Trigun will always have a place in my heart as well, because the series is just so well done. It all starts out so silly, and the longer you watch, the more serious it becomes, until you reach the end and start it over, and you're realizing that you're now rolling on the floor, which is something you haven't done for about 12 episodes, and you realize that you like it this way.

One of my most recent loving acquisitions that I got introduced to was 'Durarara!!!' , and I must say, I love it. I highly suggest it to anyone. The first episode or so is a little slow, but after that, it really starts to pick up.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go listen to the opening song, now. ^____^
Old 22-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Master
Starblazers, absolutely! Loved that for a long time now, recently rewatched. And the Animatrix was wonderful.

Old 22-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Akkadian

I love most anime. I'm into Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece the most.("The Big 3")

-Akkadian
Old 01-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Newbie ;)

There are nice spiritual animes. Nice aproach. Its fun and gives you ideas. I watched some recently. Shinsekai Yori is an awesome spiritual (I think) anime.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Guide

Recently watched again, after so many years, Marmalade Boy and Ai****eknight (Not sure what is the title of It in english... The beehive members who fall in love with the girl)...
Old 02-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Ascender
I love Spirited Away and other Studio Ghibli films.
Old 13-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Pathfinder

Big fan here, with over 300 titles under my belt, all watched with subtitles. It's surprising how many animes deal with some form of spirituality, whether it's superhuman abilities, psychic powers, mediums, apparitions. Although they may be hard to find for some, because there is alot of mainstream anime out there to get in the way.

Some of my favorite animes that have some sort of spiritual theme in them:

Zeta Gundam - there are people born in off-earth space colonies, these ppl have developed psychic abilities, mainly telepathy, empathy and telekinesis.

Monogatari multi-series: these apparations 'possess' local girls and one high school guy who has unconventional vampiric abilities is the only person who can save them.

Houkago no Pleiades: peaceful show about a Pleiadian alien stuck on earth who has to rebuild its spacecraft. one girl can channel the alien by having it sit on her head and translate into japanese. also deals with themes of time travel, unlocking memories, alternate dimensions, supernatural powers.

Denpa Onna: very funny, well written, well animated show. a highschool girl has been missing for several months, and she claims to be abducted by ETs, she acts really crazy. did she really get abducted though? watch and find out

Sora no Method: drama about how an alien girl is the connection between a group of friends. themes: unlocking memories, UFO

Kotoura-san: comedy about a high school girl who can read peoples minds.

Journey to Agartha(Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo): is about a journey to Agartha which is the world deep inside earth (hollow earth). highly recommended for anybody interested in hollow earth.

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo: is about 7 high school students who each have a psychic/supernatural ability. starts out with one of them being able to switch consciousness with another person temporarily.

Tokyo Ravens: about an ancient japanese psychic school of thought known as Onmyouji. themes: reincarnation, tulpa, reincarnation, magic, telekinesis.

I suppose you could replace 'supernatural' with 'magic' in any of the above. If i get enough interest i could make a "part 2" to this post, as i have waaaaay more spiritual animes to recommend.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes. I wouldn't say I am a fan, more my family is. We also go to annual anime conventions. I like watching Cos play and buying weird things ..

Hayao Miyazaki is genious of course, I own:

My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Ponyo
The Secret World of Arrietty,
Spirited Away

We watch Parasyte the Maxim, every Sunday night.

My neighbor Totoro
Old 11-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Knower
It looks like I'm not the only Otaku here.
Sailor Moon: Magical girls save the world from the Dark Kingdom
High School of the Dead: Basically The Walking Dead
Pokemon: A ten year old goes on an adventure to become the Pokemon Master
Fairy Tale
Naruto
Corpse Party: Awesome horror anime
One Piece: Pirates!
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 12-02-2016, 03:28 AM
Deactivated Account

You know you've watched too much anime when you start seeing characters in the sky. It almost looked like Totoro was in the clouds today.. ha ha