Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 01-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Master
Blackraven, thanks for the thanks
"...we're all in the same boat and one entity when it comes to this sharing the world." yes
i believe that we do need to start at a personal level; but the problem is a "macro-issue", so our collective mind is what needs to change.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Master

I like the idea of vertical farming year round. It is more economical and much less labor intensive.

I don't worry about the future of Earth or mankind. We may be out of control, but Universe is not.

I agree with you about the child population. At one time, I would have been one of the indignant ones at the thought of controlling the amount of children a couple can have. But I've since come around to see what we are doing to ourselves. China has a one child per couple policy because their population was so over-the-top.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:00 PM
xSoulx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
xSoulx - I agree that it is a consumerist society that drives the madness. Care, concern, empathy, help - those are all things that are needed to both solve major problems in the world without leading with materialistic drives. I probably should not give my opinion on what to do with criminals, but I do understand the mindset you present. The victim is more likely to pay the price of crimes than criminals and we don't have enough room in prisons to house people to term. Criminals being released back into society, some could say deserve a second chance, but often the criminal is forced back into a life of crime because they can't make an honest go of it in society. People then become paranoid that they will become the next victim. I live not far from a major city that has daily shootings. Neighborhoods live in constant fear. But I digress. I think I started another thread in the Philosophical section a while back that addressed that.

Blackraven
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate criminals. However, I see them as victims, too, since, as you said, a consumerist society runs the gamut. You then proceeded to say that they can't make an honest go in society. Because of this, I can more or less understand the lack of rationality they suffer from. We also have to keep in mind that there are people that are merely out for their own benefit.

Were society to change for the better, to focus on love for the planet and each other, rather than love of materialism, I believe these people would no longer be out for materials, but see the temporal success in living with respect for others and, while they still might not be the nicest people, they would still act in an appropriate, non-criminal manner. For crime, I think we should be most focused on the lords that know what to do and how to do it.

While feeling love is important, feeling it alone won't change society. We have to understand, know and think it. If we feel it without thinking it, we'll end up expecting it of others, even though some people just plain aren't capable of it and that is not love. Not to mention that some people are capable of feeling it, but have a hard time showing it, which is another reason why it is important to "think" love for others and not just "feel" it for ourselves. The way I see it, all things exist for a reason and nobody is perfect. I mean, feeling love can lead a person to hate that which they don't have those feelings for. If we "think" love, however, we'll have the patience for these people, since we'll understand why they are upset.

Still, I don't give my hopes up for this to happen. I know it sounds like it is something that worries me, but it genuinely doesn't. I just have these ideas is all. I also have faith that all will turn out in the end, however so.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoulx
While feeling love is important, feeling it alone won't change society. We have to understand, know and think it. If we feel it without thinking it, we'll end up expecting it of others, even though some people just plain aren't capable of it and that is not love. Not to mention that some people are capable of feeling it, but have a hard time showing it, which is another reason why it is important to "think" love for others and not just "feel" it for ourselves. The way I see it, all things exist for a reason and nobody is perfect. I mean, feeling love can lead a person to hate that which they don't have those feelings for. If we "think" love, however, we'll have the patience for these people, since we'll understand why they are upset.

xSoulx - Yes, 'feeling love' can be all warm and fuzzy, but if you don't 'think' about putting those love feelings into action, little is done. I get what you're saying because I'm guilty of expecting others to have unconditional love and understanding when they simply haven't grown and matured enough to achieve that. It took me many years to learn how to not be selfish and even now I'm far from perfect.

I didn't mean to imply that criminals should be written off. Materialistic society drives many people into crime because they have little to nothing and in order to survive they may be forced into crime. I'm no one's judge. The criminal system rides on the back of a broken society.

Blackraven
Old 02-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I like the idea of vertical farming year round. It is more economical and much less labor intensive.

I don't worry about the future of Earth or mankind. We may be out of control, but Universe is not.

I agree with you about the child population. At one time, I would have been one of the indignant ones at the thought of controlling the amount of children a couple can have. But I've since come around to see what we are doing to ourselves. China has a one child per couple policy because their population was so over-the-top.

linen53 - Yes the controlled environment of vertical farms and utilizing the vertical air space for farming makes sense to me too. People build high rise buildings into vertical space, why not farms? Thanks for stopping by.

Blackraven