Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 16-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Knower
Book1 Do guides appear to us in the form of people we would feel confortable with?

So I met my guide Alia the other day in a dream, i felt like i had woken up from a pull from the heart chakra and I just knew she was there.. I contemplated her presence and then i called out her name and she appeared beside me. It was an amazing experience but what interests me is that i always thought guides should look like guardian angels, with white clothes, in the clouds etc. But Alia looked like a girl my age, dressed in her pj's , and strangely like my bestfriend whom i trust, love and feel absolutely confortable with.

I beleive every guide appears to you in a way that you would feel the most confortable talking and being with them..

So do people that have guides like guardian angels unconsciously feel they would feel the best with a beautiful angel? And would that imply that they need to imagine a strong, more than humain, magic person to satisfy their needs for love and trust?

Any thoughts?

Old 18-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Experiencer

I think they do appear in a form which would be comfortable to you as it's more likely if you are trying to be taught something that you would be more respective to a person that you would feel comfortable with.
Old 18-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Experiencer

I do seasonal work at NASCAR events in the Central Florida area. I remember going to one event and I had to go back to my car. I left my hat on the bus and had gotten off at the wrong stop. Another bus came and a couple gave me the hat. They also drove me back to my car. Normally, I would hesitate to do so, as I had never met this couple. I felt safe with them and feel like this couple were angel sent. What the lesson was or why I'm not sure. They were there when I needed them.
Old 18-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Administrator
Guides come to us in ways that we are familiar with like the guide in her pjs, every guide I have had always show themselves to me most of mine are Native Americans and they all show themselves in the Native clothing,but there is a saying that says your best friend is like a guide in disguise,

Namaste
Old 19-06-2014, 01:42 AM
Experiencer

The two individuals that I had a chance encounter with in Daytona left an lasting impression on me. This was back in 2002. That evening the Bud Shootout was run (this is an exhibition race which featured those who won at least Bud Pole the previous season or those who had won the Bud Shootout). Every week the drivers would qualify for the race and the fastest person would win the Bud Pole. Those who won the most poles would also be included.

I remember bits and pieces of the conversation. We all liked the same driver which was interesting.

The couple who took me back to my car told me they weren't staying for the race which was very odd (nearly everyone who went to the rack track was there for that particular race). They told me they were returning to Jacksonville as they were finished for the day. They wished we well and they went on their way and I went my way.

I have often thought about them from time to time. Over the years I seen some people that I recognize from past years. I've never seen this couple again. I have wondered if they were angel guides or if they weren't, it was just meant to be that we crossed paths.
Old 19-06-2014, 05:36 AM
swisscub

Same as all angels and other beings of light, they can all come and let themselves be seen in any way that's most comfortable, and comforting (especially in stressful situations) to us.

If you read a bit into the topic online or from books, where people describe their angelic encounters, you'll come across a many stories of people that were in distress when angelic beings have come to them in many shapes and forms to help and assist, to comfort and support. Some see them as they are, some get a visit from an animal, some even in shape of a human that, after getting over the situation, has never been seen again. I believe this comes down to your own reception and how you deal when such a thing happens... Some might have received help and assistance and never even knew they had an angelic encounter, because... well they were just not ready to see things as they are, simply because they might not be able to process it at their current state of mind.

So yes, they are not allowed to step into such drastic action unless you're explicitly asking for it and they usually only do it on their own when you're in distress and a sudden help is needed right on site (hence the name: GUARDIAN angel(s)). Other than that, the angelic beings have the order to be there when you need them, but they're not allowed to interfere with your own will and actions.

Hope this brings some explanation in,
Love and light,
Swisscub
Old 19-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Master

Spirit guides tend to be someone from our past and often tend to look like they did back then; I think it is because this is an image than you once felt familiar with in a positive way. And positive familiarity always builds a better spiritual connection. The image you see is often not the only one the guide can offer if you have shared multiple lifetimes together, but that is the one the guide picked. So it's no wonder that that image is comfortable to you.

As for angels they probably have infinite guises to choose from, but the white long drapes are helpful to give people a hint of who is there.
Old 19-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Knower
Very interesting points everyone, thanks!

BaronessLucy Your story is interesting, did they get out of the bus and just walked straight to you to give you your hat? Like if they automatically knew it was yours? otherwise it might just be a pair of decent people

Native Spirit: haha i find it great that your guides show themselves in native american clothing, that would be one of the ways i would imagine guides would appear like! Is the saying "your best friends are like guides in disguise" to be taken litterally? Because i really doubt my bestfriend would be one, I help her more with her problems than she does mine, but that's only because she has more.

Swisscub: hmm.. what do you mean by 'as they are', do you mean that there is one particular guide or gardian angel form that they can change to ajust themselves to situations? If so, what would that form be like, in your opinion?

WhiteWarrior: that is an interesting theory, my guide did tell me she was my sister, i would have to look more into it to see if she has actually been in my past. That may also partly explain why i like my bestfriend so much , maybe because she looks like my guide, that maybe (again) looks like someone from my past.

Old 20-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Experiencer

The bus stopped and I asked the driver if anyone had seen the hat. The couple knew that someone had left a hat in the bus (the woman had the hat in hand) but they didn't know it was me until they heard me ask about it.

This was such a minor thing (most people would have probably forgotten about this) but it's something I've never forgotten which makes me wonder if there was something more to it. Usually things happen for a reason or purpose (if they weren't there, would someone else have picked up the hat).

It could be just like you said mad cat a pair of decent people.