Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Master
Gospel of Thomas

Hi everyone

I watched this video on youtube and it just made me feel good inside and so i want to share this with everyone. Hope you enjoy it as i did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQ03ki7-UU
Old 05-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Thank you...I have a copy of Thomas, but never get to it. A friend sends me weekly excerpts.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Master
Your Welcome Miss Hepburn.

I am also going to start reading it.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thank you...I have a copy of Thomas, but never get to it. A friend sends me weekly excerpts.
Hello Miss H, its good to see you alive and well.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Suspended
Master
[quote=anthony c]Hi everyone

Hi Anthony c I was wondering if you are ok with a friendly discussion about part of this Gospel of Thomas.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Master
[quote=AHIYAH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi everyone

Hi Anthony c I was wondering if you are ok with a friendly discussion about part of this Gospel of Thomas.

We can but i only found the video and liked it and so want to read the gospel of Thomas. I don't really know that much about it but if you want to, we can.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Suspended
Master
[quote=anthony c]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH

We can but i only found the video and liked it and so want to read the gospel of Thomas. I don't really know that much about it but if you want to, we can.
I'm confident you know more about this book and others than you think you know. That knowledge is just a seed that just needs nurturing. Before we get started in the friendly discussion these are just some of the tools I use. I've mentioned some of these before. I use the science of the philosophy of tacet knowledge. This basically means that there is a Speaker and a receiver. The speaker will convey a message, the receiver may or may not receive the conveyed message with the meaning and intent of the speaker. This is where we consider the readily available interpretations, I will then ignore those interpretations and sit in silence and wait for the inner voice(that we all have) to show me other views. It gets easier the more you do it and before you know it, its instant. There's the four levels of Hebrew understanding you should have a look just be careful of the interpretations. We Maori have our own four levels of understanding and as much as I don't like to translate it into English I will give it to you in its most basic form. This is used in speeches, songs and proverbs. And its a gathering of people, the song/proverb/speech is about different birds which symbolises people. Part of it goes like this "Gather up! Gather up! Gather up from Above, Gather up from Below, Gather up from Without and Gather up from WITHIN. So in order for one to GATHER from these four levels She/He must be able to understand each level. That understanding gets better the more you do it. I say four levels because its easier to digest. There's other tools I use that when I remember them I will post it.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:42 PM
Suspended
Master
[quote=AHIYAH]
Quote:
I'm confident you know more about this book and others than you think you know. That knowledge is just a seed that just needs nurturing. Before we get started in the friendly discussion these are just some of the tools I use. I've mentioned some of these before. I use the science of the philosophy of tacet knowledge. This basically means that there is a Speaker and a receiver. The speaker will convey a message, the receiver may or may not receive the conveyed message with the meaning and intent of the speaker. This is where we consider the readily available interpretations, I will then ignore those interpretations and sit in silence and wait for the inner voice(that we all have) to show me other views. It gets easier the more you do it and before you know it, its instant. There's the four levels of Hebrew understanding you should have a look just be careful of the interpretations. We Maori have our own four levels of understanding and as much as I don't like to translate it into English I will give it to you in its most basic form. This is used in speeches, songs and proverbs. And its a gathering of people, the song/proverb/speech is about different birds which symbolises people. Part of it goes like this "Gather up! Gather up! Gather up from Above, Gather up from Below, Gather up from Without and Gather up from WITHIN. So in order for one to GATHER from these four levels She/He must be able to understand each level. That understanding gets better the more you do it. I say four levels because its easier to digest. There's other tools I use that when I remember them I will post it.
So here's what instantly attracted my inner voice.

"If those who lead you say to you, 'See the kingdom is in the sky' then the birds of the sky will precede you"

"If they say to you , ' It is in the sea,' then the fish of the sea will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside you and it is outside of you."

When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realise that it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

"But if you will not know yourselves, you will be in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.

If you would like to share what this means to you that would be awesome but lets do it one paragraph at a time and then we will go over its entirety after. Just to get started. You'd notice in this part of the Gospel of Thomas that the four levels of Maori understanding is mentioned. Let your inner voice flow. Btw you're not obligated to say anything if you don't want to.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Master
[quote=AHIYAH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
So here's what instantly attracted my inner voice.

"If those who lead you say to you, 'See the kingdom is in the sky' then the birds of the sky will precede you"

"If they say to you , ' It is in the sea,' then the fish of the sea will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside you and it is outside of you."

When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realise that it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

"But if you will not know yourselves, you will be in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.

If you would like to share what this means to you that would be awesome but lets do it one paragraph at a time and then we will go over its entirety after. Just to get started. You'd notice in this part of the Gospel of Thomas that the four levels of Maori understanding is mentioned. Let your inner voice flow. Btw you're not obligated to say anything if you don't want to.

Hi AHIYAH

Sorry i only reply now but did not see your post cause of all the chaos on the thread.

To me the first paragraph says basically that the kingdom is not a place in the material world that you can see but the kingdom is inside us which is light of consciousness - the holy spirit i believe. Not sure about it's outside of us, what does that mean?

"When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realise that it is you who are the sons of the living Father."

To me it means that when we realize that we are more than just our body we will realize we are the sons of the father.

What are you thoughts on this?
Old 10-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Master
[quote=AHIYAH]
Quote:

Hi AHIYAH

Could you explain the technique to use your inner voice, like how to do it? I would like to give it a go as my ego keeps getting in the way.