Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 20-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Great post.

What bothers me with predictions, is that these seers love to brag when they had a correct prediction, but when they were wrong (which is of course most times) they just forget it. If you are going to make 100 predictions, of course some are true eventually. The mind only wants to focus on the correct predictions, and thus creates a picture where it thinks it's always right..

pretty judgemental, i take it that you and those who agree never saw into the future yourselves.
Old 20-11-2010, 02:10 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
pretty judgemental, i take it that you and those who agree never saw into the future yourselves.

....and have never met anyone who could demonstrate that they can either....

Perhaps you're different? I'm always happy to be proven wrong in such matters.

Perhaps we wouldn't be so judgmental if we had authenticated evidence?
Old 20-11-2010, 02:35 PM
mac

judgmental

One might debate whether those most ready to accuse others (of being judgmental, egotistical etc) are, in their own condemnation of others, demonstrating such fallibility in themselves...
Old 20-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Where did I say that? I'm pretty tired of people who make predictions, and when their predictions don't occur, they just forget it. Mind you, when 21-12-2012 has come by, people will fixate on another date.

I could check out any astrological predictions and conspiracy predictions and see how many inaccuracies have been made. In stead of thinking about the future, take a look back in history and see what was predicted.
Old 20-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Master
Mac, Rosewater and Gracey ~ excellent responses and messages, so many people express concern and worry over such predictions and unnecessarily end up wringing their hands over it ~ the 'what ifs' and allowing one's self to stand in fear and apprehension of the worst is what throttles you.

Old 20-11-2010, 03:53 PM
mac

Yes if it's 'just for fun' and nothing happens it doesn't do much harm but as Silvergirl mentions, it can be a source of continuing worry for vulnerable people.

Some practitioners genuinely believe they can predict the future and will make money from it. Others know they can't but still make money suggesting they can. Caveat emptor as always...

Yet others seek to ridicule anyone who questions a claimed ability without themselves providing a scrap of authenticated evidence in support.
Old 20-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
One might debate whether those most ready to accuse others (of being judgmental, egotistical etc) are, in their own condemnation of others, demonstrating such fallibility in themselves...

you are funny mac there is ot condemnation....just observation with out emotion.

i do see the future and i have nothing to prove to anyone.
the first time i told someone and when it happened, they were full of fear. from that i learned to keep silent, save the time when a loved one crossed over showed me her son getting into a car wreck, she wanted him to know she was with him and after it happened, i let him know his mom was with him in the spirit of love.....i showed him my records of the future i keep and the date i wrote it. he was greatful. i did not do it to glorify myself in anyway, i did it to comfort him.

believe it if you want and if you dont it does not change that fact that i do see. and believe you me, it is not the easiest thing to live with.
Old 20-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Where did I say that? I'm pretty tired of people who make predictions, and when their predictions don't occur, they just forget it. Mind you, when 21-12-2012 has come by, people will fixate on another date.

I could check out any astrological predictions and conspiracy predictions and see how many inaccuracies have been made. In stead of thinking about the future, take a look back in history and see what was predicted.

ha ha ha...i agree, people are fixated on doom and gloom,,,,i just let that inforamtion go. no need to keep getting upset about it, you are only hurting yourself when you do.

Old 20-11-2010, 05:26 PM
mac

Quote:
you are funny mac there is ot condemnation....just observation with out emotion.

i do see the future and i have nothing to prove to anyone.
the first time i told someone and when it happened, they were full of fear. from that i learned to keep silent, save the time when a loved one crossed over showed me her son getting into a car wreck, she wanted him to know she was with him and after it happened, i let him know his mom was with him in the spirit of love.....i showed him my records of the future i keep and the date i wrote it. he was greatful. i did not do it to glorify myself in anyway, i did it to comfort him.

believe it if you want and if you dont it does not change that fact that i do see. and believe you me, it is not the easiest thing to live with.

Gracey it does not lead to a useful interchange if you're dismissive of others.

Speaking on a forum results in responses and what makes for a good debate is where you take the responses and answer them...

Of course you don't have to prove anything to anyone but an interchange can be enlightening.

You speak of seeing the future and I spoke about making predictions.... There is a difference.

Creditably you hold back for fear of upsetting others and don't do it for personal gain - that I respect.

Perhaps I might encourage you to explain a little more? From what you say you see events which come to pass. Do all the events you see come to pass? If so, in what time frame and circumstances? Are the events personal in nature or widespread in impact?
Old 20-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Leah85

Cat Future...

I agree with Gracey: no matter how positive we are, life brings challenges to everyone.
And it doesn't seem to me that we can change all our entire Soul Plan details - if we could, there wouldn't be a meaning at all in having a Soul Plan!
There are people who were given the gift of seeing the future, which is different from predicting it by other means (Tarot, runes, etc).
We shall pray and we shall choose always the best possible path, knowing that there are many different ways to reach the same path. I do believe there are many possible paths and we can choose them, but the final outcome most times we won't be able to change.
With this I mean you will have to go through by whatever you are meant to, good or bad, but that doesn't mean the person who told you that is right.
And even if she is, the final outcome is what matters the most, and you were only said you would go through hard times, not that the rest of your life would be hard, right?
I wish that all your dreams come true and your future is much brigther than anyone could ever guess!