Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 12-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Vigour Mortis

Past life memory in a dream? Thoughts? :)

Hi! So, I wanted to see what people thought about a dream I had that I have always sort of felt could be a past life memory. I had the dream quite a few years ago now, but it keeps popping back into my mind fairly insistently, so I thought I should finally address it as best I can. Here is the dream, or as much of it as I can remember. Bearing in mind that, even if it is a past life memory, my dreaming mind may well have added or altered things, it is difficult to know which aspects are 'correct' and which aren't.

I was with a group of men and I knew that I was their leader and we were a small band of warriors on a mission that had taken us from England to France, though I don't remember what it was. I felt like we were at war or on bad terms with the French. Judging from what we were wearing it seemed like this was a long time ago. We were wearing fairly simple armour, mostly leather and fur based, and most of us had wild, unkept hair and beards and a general sense of a carefree approach to personal hygiene.

We had been travelling for a long time, but even though we were in France, we were still a long way off from our destination. I had a vague sense that we were relatively close to Germany.

It was getting dark and we found a place that was good to camp at; it was on high-ish ground, on a 'balcony' of protruding stone, so we could see anyone approaching and around the rear we were enclosed by mostly rocks and a tall hill so it would have been hard to get to us from there. (Not very good at describing this, sorry!) We weren't too worried anyway, as we had a long way to go before we were near danger, whatever the danger was (I just sort of knew things in this dream without having memory of the details, if that makes sense).

My group set up a camp and then said to me that they were tired from travelling for so long and since we were most likely safe where we were (surrounded by wilderness) and would still have a lot more travelling to do, could they have a night of enjoying themselves with a bit of drinking and music. I thought about it and then said that it should be okay, they deserved it and if it was kept at a reasonable level and we could still be gone early the next day it would be fine. So, we got a fire going and some of the men got out fairly crude, transportable instruments, like little wooden flutes, and soon they were all enjoying a drink (not sure why we had alcohol with us to be honest??) and singing and generally having a good time.

I was sitting near the edge of the rocky outgrowth and listening to the music, but mostly keeping an eye on the visible surroundings. After a while I noticed a small group of men were approaching across the vast fields that were ahead of us. I got on my guard, but they didn't make any moves to attack. They seemed curious about the cause of the noise and the fire. When they got close to us they stopped and looked up at me. When my group realized they weren't alone the music and laughter drew to a close quite quickly and it became very quiet.

The group below us spoke to me and said that they were from Germany. I think I must have been able to speak their language as I could understand them fairly well, but there was a definite barrier in our ability to communicate. I can't speak German in this life, so in my dream we were speaking English, but I feel like that was more an interpretation by my brain. Anyway, they realized that we were English and things got a lot more tense, which I was not expecting. My feeling was that there was no bad blood at this point in time between the English and the Germans so it came as a surprise that they suddenly got angry. The man leading them continued speaking to me aggressively and I could piece together that their village had been attacked by a band of English warriors who were travelling through their country and had destroyed their homes and killed their families. They were making their way to try and find that band of warriors for revenge, and had for whatever reason ended up just across the border of France and found our camp. They thought that it must be us or people affiliated with us.

I tried to keep things calm, sensing that this was going very badly, but feeling sympathy for them and wanting to assure them that it wasn't us and the group, whoever they were, were nothing to do with us and my group of men were good people who would never condone mindless killing. It was hard to say this, though. I think there was a big language barrier, but I tried my best, on the one hand keeping my men calm and on the other trying to placate our visitors. I wanted this to end peacefully, there was no sense to it ending violently.

I must have done a very poor job of trying to explain all of this to the German group, however, as their leader said something and they drew bows on us. I quickly turned to warn my men, but the archers were very quick and skilled and before we could react there were arrows being fired at us and hitting their target more often than not. I think I was shot in the back at that point. I fell and landed on the ground, hearing my men in chaos and hearing them die around me. My last thoughts in the dream were that I had let my men down and that it was my fault this had happened. I shouldn't have allowed drinking and music, I should have expected the worst, I should have made sure my men were on guard when I saw people approaching, I should have been more clear in speaking to the Germans. I had only good intentions, but it had gone horribly wrong. Then I passed away and the dream ended.

I don't know if it's connected, but I have had problems with my back for years and years, although I've never injured it in this life. I get a lot of sharp pains underneath my right shoulder blade and now and then get a very weird 'tingling' feeling there, as though something is stuck in it and sticking out of my back. It gets hard to ignore, I often end up subconsciously trying to shrug it 'out', but the tingling stays for a few minutes regardless, then eventually fades out.

So, what do people think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Possible past life memory or just very vivid dream? Thank you for reading this, it ended up longer than I had intended! :)
Old 12-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Vigour Mortis

This posted twice for some reason, I'm sorry! That sort of thing happens to me all the time D: I have terrible e-luck! Is there a way I can delete the other thread? :)
Old 12-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello, Vigour Mortis...and welcome to SF

Only you can know for sure whether or not this was a past life remembrance while in a dream state. I've experienced a few past life memories this way, and also physical sensations in this life which related to a past life, so I totally belief such experiences are possible!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Vigour Mortis

Thanks muileag :)

I remember waking up with the sense that it hadn't been a dream. Usually, I wake up and even with vivid dreams I know they're just that - dreams. But this time it felt more like a real experience. I guess I am more of the belief that it is a past life memory, I just still second guess myself a lot. My instinct is that this is a memory. Maybe I should trust my instincts more. :)
Old 12-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigour Mortis
This posted twice for some reason, I'm sorry! That sort of thing happens to me all the time D: I have terrible e-luck! Is there a way I can delete the other thread? :)
Duplicate thread deleted for you
Interesting dream, I am thinking with all those details chances are good it's a past life memory. And wondering if the current pain in your back, could possibly be from the arrow shot you received, if this was indeed a past life memory.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 12-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Vigour Mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Duplicate thread deleted for you
Interesting dream, I am thinking with all those details chances are good it's a past life memory. And wondering if the current pain in your back, could possibly be from the arrow shot you received, if this was indeed a past life memory.

Thanks very much!

It is weird about the back pain, I only put the two together today when I was thinking about this post. And the weird tingly feeling, sort of like a pressure crossed with pins and needles. Maybe I just have a bad back? ;)
Old 12-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Deactivated Account

you are welcome !

or maybe the back pain is some kind of connection to the past. I knew someone who had a scar on their chest and in a past life they had been wounded there.

It is a good idea to write down dreams, memories, things you think might have past life connections, who knows .... something may trigger a flashback later on, to bring you more pieces to the puzzle.

Have you had any other dreams you think might be past life memory connections ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 13-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Experiencer

I'm just curious Vigour Mortis, do you have English French or German ancestry in you're family tree. Is it possible that what you were dreaming could have been something that happened to an ancestor of yours or someone that you're family had connections to centuries ago?

I didn't know that I had royal blood in my ancestry until my biological parents found me (I was put up for adoption at birth). In high school I read a book about French royalty and couldn't put the book down. At the end of high school all I wanted to do was read books about French, British, French royalty which is quite odd for a teen-age girl in high school.

I took a trip to England and felt like I was coming home even though I had never been there before. Felt like I had.
Old 13-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Master

Quite the dream! I, too, am thinking this was a past life coming to you. For some reason the word "Visigoths' came to me. Your back problems could very possibly stem from what happened.

I've had the same experience, I was a Celtic warrior in a past life and when I visited that past life in a dream we were fighting - I think it was the Romans - and in the beginning I could smell the sweat of the horses, hear the clanging of metal and the battle-fury shouts, feel the blood running down my left arm, smell the blood on the battlefield and feel the ground, which was littered with the bodies of men from both sides. Then we were elated because we had won the day. It was quite an experience.
Old 13-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigour Mortis
My last thoughts in the dream were that I had let my men down and that it was my fault this had happened. I shouldn't have allowed drinking and music, I should have expected the worst, I should have made sure my men were on guard when I saw people approaching, I should have been more clear in speaking to the Germans. I had only good intentions, but it had gone horribly wrong. Then I passed away and the dream ended.

I agree with the others. This sounds like a past life memory. From what I understand a lot of times the moment of death has a huge impact on us and we tend to bring with us the thoughts we have when we are dying so I would say the bit I quoted above is really important for you to focus on. These thoughts and beliefs about your self and the guilt you are carrying over it is very well affecting your current life. In general we are shown bits of our past lives that have an impact on this life if it can help us to resolve issues we are trying to work through. There is no way you could have anticipated what would happen. It is not your fault you and your men died. It was the fault of the guys who shot at you all. Well anyways try and look at your life and see if the thought patterns that you held at your moment of death in the dream are thoughts you hold against yourself in this life and if so spend some time trying to heal them. They are likely holding you back from true happiness. Take care.