Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM
VedaBlue

Visiting Fox

When i woke this morning there was a fox on my garden shed roof, i live in central London but have seen many foxes at night, including in my garden. This fox, it seems, is different. It is happy to stay where it is. It has been there all day, waiting for something but i don't know what.

I had wondered if it was injured, so i took it some food, i threw some bread to it and it look at me as though it were offended and then ran away.

Five minutes later though and it came back, it has ignored the food and just stares through my window. I'm not sure what, if anything, this means. It has been here for many hours now, perhaps all night too.

It's nearly 5pm here and it has been there since at least 7am, i have taken a photo but I'm not allowed to post a link as i don't have enough posts to do so. I might be able to upload directly, i havn't put the image on my computer yet, maybe that will show me something i missed. It just looks at me in askance, but i don't know what for.

It is very beautiful....and very patient.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could mean?

(I have to go out for a bit now, i will see if it waits for me to return.)

Thank you

EDIT: I have a huge dog, often in my garden, he scares away most animals (he's big and barky) but this doesn't seem to phase the fox
Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 PM
VedaBlue

The fox had gone by the time i left...5.30pm ish. A friend stayed and said that there was a terrible terrible overwhelming smell coming from the garden around 8pm and they were scared to open the garden door because it smelt like something died. I got home and felt ok but now i feel like something terrible has happened or is happening. I actually feel quite freaked out.

You can see the bread at the front of the pic, it was never eaten.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator
What a beautiful creature.
It's my intuition that the fox was exhausted for some reason, and chose a safe place to rest up. They are very shy of people and not easily trusting, so it is a compliment that this fox chose your garden roof to rest on, It knew you were there of course, and did not feel threatened by you, and sensed your intention towards it. Why didn't it eat the bread? I don't know, maybe natural waryness, or maybe it wasn't hungry, just needed rest.
As for the very bad smell...if anything had happened to the fox, such as it had been killed when it left the roof, its body would not have caused that bad smell so soon, so I doubt it was the fox which had died. I doubt anything bad happened to it, and that it probably got enough rest and took off again.
I think foxes mate during the winter December/January....I think so. That could have had some connection to why it was resting there.

Last edited by Tobi : 05-12-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:47 PM
VedaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
What a beautiful creature.
It's my intuition that the fox was exhausted for some reason, and chose a safe place to rest up. They are very shy of people and not easily trusting, so it is a compliment that this fox chose your garden roof to rest on, It knew you were there of course, and did not feel threatened by you, and sensed your intention towards it. Why didn't it eat the bread? I don't know, maybe natural waryness, or maybe it wasn't hungry, just needed rest.
As for the very bad smell...if anything had happened to the fox, such as it had been killed when it left the roof, its body would not have caused that bad smell so soon, so I doubt it was the fox which had died. I doubt anything bad happened to it, and that it probably got enough rest and took off again.
I think foxes mate during the winter December/January....I think so. That could have had some connection to why it was resting there.

Oh, that's not what i meant about the smell. I didn't think it was the death of the fox. I checked the garden myself and there was nothing there...plus the smell was temporary. I think what struck me most about the account of the smell was that my son was very affected by it and he is a sensitive soul.

The connection i made was that possibly i had not heeded or understood the message the fox was trying to convey ..or communicated with it in the right way.....and somehow this was resulting in some kind of catalyst to an awful event... i don't know... some kind of omen maybe. I was hoping that someone might be able to interpret the spiritual meaning of all this for me.

Also worth mentioning is that it is possible it is the same fox that i have seen outside my window on the street (other side of house) a week or so ago... just standing there looking up at me for some time. I had almost forgotten about this when i was reminded last night.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Master
I agree, it's beautiful!

We have foxes in our area but they are transient.

Quote:
Red Fox Symbology

Taken from "Animal Speak"

Keynote: Feminine magic of camouflage, shapeshifting, and invisibility
Cycle Of Power: Nocturnal, Dawn and Dusk

The fox is a totem that has touched almost every society on the planet. It is a totem that speaks of the need to develop or awaken camouflage, invisibility and shapeshifting. It is one of the most uniquely skilled and ingenious animals of nature. It can teach these skills to those whose life it enters.

For those with fox totems, it will be important to learn the art of camouflage and its related art of invisibility and shapeshifting. The fox uses its ability at quiet camouflage to its benefit. With practice, you can learn this same sort of ability and apply it so that you may see and hear things that otherwise you could not.

The senses of the fox reveal much about the potential within those who have it as a totum. Its hearing, vision and sense of smell are acute.

The sense of smell is also associated with higher forms of discrimination and discernment. One working with fox medicine should sniff out each situation. This will let them know who to avoid and who to connect with.

Does this person smell right?

Does something smell funny in this situation?

Probably the fox's cleverest hunting technique is "charming." Here the fox performs various antics before her prey. It will jump, and roll and chase itself so that it charms the preys attention. While performing, the fox draws closer and closer without the prey ever realizing it, because the playfulness doesn't make the prey feel threatened! Then at the right momet, the fox leaps and captures its prey.

This is a camouflage technique, one associated with behavior.

It is one that those with fox totems can win any prize.

As you develop attunement to the fox and learn its magic, any prize can fall to you.

http://www.squidoo.com/red-fox-totum

Ted Andrews had mentioned that sighting of a red fox is an invitation to the realm of the faeries.

Quote:
The fox also has a highly developed sense of smell, and you may be very aware of smells, odors, and their subtle differences. And aroma therapy would be a beneficial study for anyone with fox medicine. You are also alert to unpleasant situations and/or danger because something just "doesn't smell right". The study of aromatherapy may be just the thing for you.

http://www.birdclan.org/fox.htm
Old 07-12-2012, 11:01 PM
azoura111

such a lovely little guy he is.

thought this may help!

To see a fox in your dream represents insight, cleverness, cunningness and resourcefulness. Perhaps the dream is telling you that you need to exhibit more of these qualities in your waking life. Or that you need to conceal your thoughts and be more discrete about some situation. The fox may also symbolize someone in your waking life who is sly and sneaky. Alternatively, seeing a fox in your dream indicates a period of isolation or loneliness

With love
Old 07-12-2012, 11:07 PM
azoura111

Ted Andrews had mentioned that sighting of a red fox is an invitation to the realm of the faeries.

^ I like this