Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 04-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Guide

Question Info on Kitusune! Any info

Any info on kistune?

Or on how to meet them is good too.

I wanna know as much as I can before I meet one... Unless I already met one... But I still wanna know stuff about them!

Internet not very helpful...

Old 04-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Master
Do you mean kitsune, the fox spirit?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Guide

Yep :) the one and only
Old 07-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Master
Although I do not know much about the fox spirits, you will have a good chance of meeting them should you go to Inari shrines. Another method is to meditate on the fox deity Inari. Inari is the Shinto god or deity of fertility, rice, agriculture, foxes, and industry.

Of general kitsune myths, once a fox reaches 1000 years of age, it will obtain 9 tails. There are both good and bad kitsunes. They are generally known to bewitch people, epecially the female kitsunes, form human families and bear children. One of their goals is to experience being humans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

http://www.coyotes.org/kitsune/kitsune.html

I was delighted to have spotted an old fox in my neighborhood recently. I had just purchased a fox ornament for my garden and a fox pencil holder. The fox sighting was icing on the cake.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Guide

Lol lucky!
But yeah I have learned that part someone called the good ones kitsune and bad spirit foxes nogitsune I think thats how you spell it. And well sadly Im not near any inari shrines :(

I have dreamt about meeting a few! I saw this white one come out of tall grass on the hill, it was pure white and it tips of it's tail and ears were red.... I simply well... Pounced on it and hugged it alot! didn't seem to mind very much... I can't Remember how many tails it had but I know it was alot! More than 4 or 5 at least!!! And about three others... One with four tails, and twin foxes a girl and a boy whom I helped out... :) but like I said dreams! Hehehe... Idk why I like them so much I guess I can blame it on anime! Since there is lots of kitsune in the cartoons.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Master
I'm not good with terminology. Here's some terms from one of the above sites:

Quote:
Bakemono-Kitsune – a name for a sorcerer or evil fox usually as a Reiko, Kiko or Koryo i.e. some sort of non-physical fox

Genko– black fox, usually seen as a good omen

Kiko – spirit fox, see Reiko

Kitsune – fox, a general term for a fox regardless of the circumstance normally used for ‘good’ and ‘evil’ foxes alike

Koryo – haunting fox, see Reiko

Kuko – air fox, very bad kitsune, considered on the same level as Tengu (Japanese goblins)

Nogitsune – wild fox, used at one time to differ between good and bad foxes. At the time they used ‘kitsune’ to mean a good fox/messenger from Inari and nogitsune as all foxes who did mischief and tricked people. Not really considered evil, more like prankish.

Reiko – ghost fox, perhaps not on the ‘evil’ side but definitely a ‘bad’ fox.

Shakko – red fox, could be considered good or evil, the same as Kitsune really

Tenko – celestial fox, kitsune which have reached the age of 1,000 years, they are usually said to have 9 tails (and sometimes are said to have golden fur) but they are either considered very evil such as Tamamo-no-mae or benevolent and wise such as messengers to Inari

Yako/Yakan – fox, see Kitsune

Looks like you are blessed to have already met them in your dreams! Very lucky! Kitsunes are very popular in animes and cartoons. I like them too.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Guide

Yeah they are awesome the twins had a contract with this witch which I helped destroy (in my dream)...she was a bad lady... And the fox boy gave me this cool acorn with neat etchings in it... Like those egg artists... You know those people that sculpt and chisel on ostrich eggs and stuff :) they are very beautiful... Well the acorn was like that, but it still had the seed inside too

Hmmm didn't think of those dreams like that... I was just thinking... Kitsune! *hugs* oh yeah! I hugz one

Yeah I saw that site too on the terminology. There hasn't been much about kitsune except in mangas and animes... Lol kinda like trying to look for info on dragons and elves...

But from the terminology alot of the kitsune seem like bad foxes lol or at least very tricky ones
Old 07-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Master
Nice dream indeed! You save them and are rewarded. You can write plenty of stories based on your dream travels.

There are many kitsune tales in Asian dramas aside from the mangas and anime.

Some more info on kitsune:

http://rurousha.blogspot.com/2011/11...-rice-god.html

http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Y%C5%8Dkai

That's just the terminology. Nowadays, the kitsune are considered mostly harmless.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Guide

True true but I like to think some of the stories have a bit of truth :P And I believe I have the whole dream written down I believe. And I think that it was the boy fox's calling card of sorts for when I needed help. Lol as soon as I freed them they went off on their merry way but the boy fox came back and we played and ran into a mean werewolf were we battled him *^* to this day! I do not know who the winner was!!! Lol

Well if anything I hope I get to meet more of them in my dreams :) and hopefully not make enemies of them...and I've never watched Asian dramas... Do you know of any good ones? With English subtitles of course :) with kitsunes in them.... If you know any
Old 07-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Master
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (9 tailed fox), a romantic comedy:

http://www.viki.com/channels/956-my-...nd-is-a-gumiho

Grudge: the Revolt of Gumiho, horror:

http://www.viki.com/channels/1343-gumihos-revenge

I stumbled across the Fox Tale anime while searching for the dramas.

Animated short, A Fox Tale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgDUEp238tQ

I remember a few cute stories of a little boy fox that Natume saved in the Natsume series:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/natsume-yujin-cho