Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 07-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Guide

It's natusme's book of friends in English I believe I loved that anime even though it had a terrible ending of sorts... It had really nice stories :) sad and happy ones...

I felt bad for all the kami guys :( cause everybody Stopped believing in them so they simply dissappeared... Poor kami. But I'll Try to watch those shows you posted right now do you wanna meet kitsune too? Or you just like watching them on anime and drama shows?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Master
Yes, it's Natume's Book of Friends. It's a wonderful series that shows perspectives from each character. I'm hoping there will be more shows.

Actually, I don't have an interest in meeting kitsune. But I do love foxes in general. I really don't have much of a say as to which spirits will reveal themselves to me. I will be honored if I do get to meet a kitsune. I had a friend whom people perceive as a white fox. I usually view her as a white pony with spots. It makes me wonder if she's a white fox incarnate. I love animes and supernatural dramas- so much fun and so much to learn from.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Guide

Yeah they are! Well natsume is still going on :) as far as I know they have a new season out!

Well that's fine I just wanna meet them so I can hear their stories! If they are super old as stories say they are then they must have awesome stories! That and they like pranking also to pick their brains, about everything! Well if they will answer them :) and maybe adventures and playing games :) I like meeting new people wether they human or not... As long as they are nice! And huggable also... I'll prolly hug them and pet them... I am currious as to how their fur feels! Just like I would to a dragon! Unless the person is super pointy... Like a cactus... Or a porcupine
Old 21-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Master
I was on a spider site and I found a kitsune story for you.

Quote:
The Legend of the Tsuchigumo - Sent in by Hana

The Tsuchigumo (translated as "Earth spider") - A mythical, supernatural creature faced by many heroes throughout Asian legend. The term Tsuchgumo is also loosely used for bandits, untrustworthy shopkeepers, and thieves. The Tsuchigumo were said to live in caverns beneath the mountains and the Tsuchigumo in ancient legend were able to take the visage of a fairy-like boy or a woman of black spider coloured skin and white cobweb hair depending on the version of the story. In one specific tale a Traveller is said to have been lured to a house whilst on a search for a mythical, giant skull and was placed under a spell by a Tsuchigumo in the guise of a dark skinned pale haired young boy. However, the traveller breaks this spell by striking out at the boy with his sword after he suspects foul play. The traveller discovers the house is actually covered in spiders and completely constructed from web.
The strange boy flees the scene and after tracking down the boy, the traveller learns that he is actually a giant spider demon, or Tsuchigumo.

There is a conflict and the Tsuchigumo is wounded badly. He barters for his life with the traveller and begs forgiveness. “It is only my nature to set traps.” The Tsuchigumo pleads. “If you show me mercy I will save your own life thrice.” The traveller agrees to this deal and lets the Tsuchigumo live. Now the Boy-Tsuchigumo and the Traveller set out together to find the mythical giant skull.

Along the way they come across a Kitsune (A nine-tailed fox demon able to take human form) The Kitsune is intrigued by the fact that the traveller has managed to humble a Tsuchigumo. She agrees to help the Traveller find the skull. Her payment is the sheer joy of watching the young half spider humiliated and humbled by his human captor.

The trio travel far and wide across many lands, and through many dangers. Soon they come to a great ocean. The Tsuchigumo fears the ocean above all else. “Fish eat spiders, and away from the earth I will have no power. I need to touch the earth or I will grow sick and die.”
The Kitsune looked equally appalled. “I am a creature of fire, if the ocean should rise up and take me I will drown and be forever snuffed.”

The traveller however insisted they must cross the ocean to get to the island with the skull, and so he bade the Tsuchigumo to cross. Bound by his oath and always prideful of keeping his word the Tsuchigumo at last agreed. The Kitsune not one to miss such complete despair of the Tsuchigumo decided she too would brave the ocean.

The crew of the ship was very superstitious, so the young dark skinned boy, and the red haired girl were quickly hidden deep inside the ship. However, the crew had seen the female Kitsune, and had decided that she was a curse upon them. When the sea grew angry, and food ran short, they blamed the hidden girl.

Late in the night, the crew against captain’s orders decided to rid the ship of its accursed female. They crept into the quarters where the Traveler and his companions slept, and raised a knife to the Kitsune’s and the traveller's throats. The Tsuchigumo moved quickly, as it was hiding up in the ceiling and had not been seen by the crew. The Tsuchigumo wrapped the murderers up in his webs before they could kill the traveller or the Kitsune. The Kitsune used her magic to charm the captured men and convinced them that they had been only dreaming. Then she sent them back up to their cabins.

“I have saved your life once,” the Tschigumo told the traveller weakly. “And as I have also saved the Kitsune’s Life. Now as payment Kitsune must promise to save mine in turn.”

They arrived at the island, and disembarked the ship. The Kitsune moved quickly ahead and discovered that the skull was in the possession of the Yokai of the volcano. It was then that the Traveller was captured by the Yokai as the poor Tsuchigumo was trying to regain his strength after the long tiresome voyage. The Kitsune quickly moved to help the Traveller, and was also taken hostage by the powerful native Yokai.

Both were taken to the cave of the Ushi-oni. (One of the most fearsome and formidable of yōkai is the oceanic ushi-oni, an enormous and bloodthirsty beast usually drawn with a horned head like a bull, the teeth of a lion, venomous fangs like a snake, the pinchers of a giant crab and a body like a gigantic spider.)

The Ushi-oni hungry and angered by the intruders declared that he would eat them both alive. Immune to the fire of the Kitsune the Ushi-oni laughed at her and hung her up with its webs to eat later. The traveller was about to be eaten when the brave and loyal Tschigumo arrived. He declared that the traveller was his, and that as a fellow spider demon the Ushi-oni had to respect his claim and retain his honour.

The Ushi-oni had no respect or honour, but was intrigued that such a small and young male Tsuchigumo would brave a voyage from it’s native mountain home far east of the island, and dare to stand against a much more powerful spider demon. He also knew that an Earth Spider was much weaker then a plate armoured Water Spider. He accepted a trio of challenges, one to be set by the traveller; one decided by him self, and one chosen by the spirit of the volcano. If the Tsuchigumo won, he would acquire 3 prizes. If the Ushi-oni won, he would gain 3 prizes.

The first challenge was what the Traveller deemed the Tsuchigumo’s strongest talent. Weaving. The Tsuchigumo indeed was much more talented in weaving then the bulky water spider. He spun a magnificent web and was named the 1st challenge victor.

The second challenge set by the Ushi-oni was brute strength. In this he excelled, and he easily was able to prove himself the victor.

The spirit of the volcano declared the final challenge as one of cunning and wit. Both spiders would have to prove their worth with the best sacrifice for the volcano.

The Ushi-oni declared to the volcano that he would sacrifice all of the Yokai on the island to her. He then trapped all the yokai and sent them shrieking into her belly.

The Tsuchigumo waited patiently while the Ushi-oni exhausted himself at gathering all of the monsters on the island to feed to the volcano. When he had dropped the last monster into the volcano the Tsuchigumo then pushed the Ushi-oni into the volcano. “I give you my enemies, which include the Yokai and the Ushi-oni.” The volcano spirit conceded that indeed the Tsuchigumo had proven to be the most cunning. Then asked what his 3 prizes would be. Ever loyal and wise the Tsuchigumo stated that his prizes would be The Traveler, The Kitsune, and the giant skull.

With the skull in hand, the traveller returned to the ship with his two companions. He declared that the Tsuchigumo had saved his life twice. The Kitsune also agreed to have been saved twice, so this time she agreed to give her ability to resist fire to the Tsuchigumo as payment for the second rescue.

On the ride back, the Tsuchigumo grew very ill. Having travelled once across the ocean had been rough; the return trip was proving even worse. Unable to retain his humanoid form the Tschigumo was discovered by the crew for what he was. They declared that he must be killed as he is an evil demon. Unable to defend himself, the Tsuchigumo was dragged onto the deck and beaten severely by the enraged crew. The traveller was dragged to the deck and was questioned about his affiliation with such an evil spirit. That he was in fact a lord of hell and should be immediately put to death. The Kitsune was horrified and unable to help as she too was overpowered and questioned.

Then the Loyal and true Tsuchigumo spoke out. “I am the cause of this villainy. I have manipulated and tricked the Traveller.” He spoke truth because he had tricked the traveller into his house back in the mountains.

The crew agreed that the Tsuchigumo was able to manipulate men, and so declared that he should be cast into the sea for his evil sins. As they untied the traveller and released him from their hatred, the traveller looked sadly upon the Tsuchigumo. “You have spared my life thrice, and as such I break you of your contract with me.”

The Tsuchigumo did not struggle as the crew threw him over the side, and the Crew only cheered as the creature was pulled under the sea by the angry waves.

The quick thinking Kitsune slipped away from the sight of the jeering crew and freed a wooden boat from the side of the ship. She rushed the life boat to the Tsuchigumo’s aide. The Kitsune pulled the weak and now half dead Spider onto the lifeboat, just as the crew started to volley burning arrows at the two demons. Both spider and fox now immune to fire, and Spider who was an earth spirit extended his magic to the very wood then drifted off to sea safely away from the men, the boat, and the traveller.

After boat landed on a distant shore, the Kitsune exhausted from the experience declared that she had repaid the Tsuchigumo for his saving her life, and now would be on her way as the Traveller was no-longer in control of the Tsuchigumo and thus he was no longer any fun to her.

It is said that any traveller who to this day shows sympathy to a Tsuchigumo in need will be saved from death thrice. It is also said that after the adventure the gods smiled down on the Tsuchigumo and made the spider the symbol for Wisdom, labour, cunning, and prudence.

http://www.spiderzrule.com/legends.htm
Old 21-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Guide

cool story strangly while reading that the only thing I could think of was not the kitsune but the spider :P I have seen shadow spiders in my room... and Big real live spiders in it too T-T why so many spiders... Mom and my lil bro killed the two big ones... shadow spiders are prolly still around... I used to see them alot when I woke up... just told it to steer clear of me and stay on the wall... :/ spiders are still creepy but I respect them... as long as the real live ones stay outside (the big ones anyway)

:) but that was an awesome story
Old 23-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Master
In most cultures, it is considered good luck to have spiders. Spiders in corners traps money so they say. I like spiders because they catch flies and other bugs. I will go out of my way to catch and release spiders as long as I know they belong outdoors. I found a black widow in our home once. It had that distinct red hourglass marking on its back so I caught and released it.
Old 24-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Guide

Lol I wasnt sure I could get the real lives ones in a cup... They were so big I was ready to pee my pants... Shadow spiders are okay cause I don't see them all the time :P even seen a shadow turtle walking on the cieling once... That was right before I started experiencing the astral projection stuff. :) but it's better to see animal spirit shadows than people shadows! People are creepy...

I wonder if one day... I'll be able to see them crystal clear!