Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Happyheart

Does experience change the signs of impending OBE?

Before I started going out of body, I used to get the full gamut of preOBE experiences. I had the sleep paralysis, the intense vibrations, the roaring in my ears as well as static, and waves of consciousness akin to drowning taking me up and down. It was absolutely terrifying until the more experienced members here told me what these signs were. Now that I've read William Buhman's books as well anything else I can get my hands on, I've learned to step out of body very easily when I feel the signs.

This is my question though. Now I never get the paralysis. I get the auditory symptoms, but nowhere near as bad or scary. And the vibrations are no longer the violent shaking I used to get, just an occasional jerking feeling in my limbs, always with the auditory rush. Is this because I am more used to it? Were my signs so violent in the beginning because my guides were trying to get my attention so I would look into this?

I have tried initiating OBEs with no success. They always occur when I am sleeping in, after getting up to go to the bathroom, or say goodbye to hubby when he goes to work. They never happen when he is in bed with me, I am always alone. And they never happen if I know I have to get up for a reason, only when I feel free to sleep as long as I want.

Now that the signs are not as dramatic, I only realise I am able to travel when the roaring in my ears starts. Sometimes it takes me a little while to wake enough to realise it is happening. Once I know it is happening I can very easily step out of body. Each new time is easier that the last.

So does experience change the signs, and can I expect more changes as I get more proficient?

thanks, xxxHappy
Old 27-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Guide
Most people report that over time, they begin to get Vibrations less and less. This could have a few reasons, one of the most accepted is that you're just becoming more used to the sensations and so you don't notice them.

But yeah, you can expect things to change up slightly as you become more proficient.
Old 27-04-2011, 06:26 PM
lily18

I get the vibrations and a pulling sensation in my solar plexus. But I try to seal off my solar plexus as I try not to have OBE's. It is very uncomfortable.
Old 29-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Happyheart

Thanks Xanth, I definitely get less vibrations now, sometimes none, just the auditory stuff and a really intense up and down consciousness thing.

Lily, that's interesting about your solar plexus. When I was first starting out I had a bad experience in my heart chakra, a really strong pulling/sucking. It was too intense and stopped the process. It never happened again.

xxxHappy
Old 29-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Sangress

After a while everyone gains more skill with these sorts of things.

I often find that most Learners struggle with themselves to get out, hence all the physical symptoms...etc whereas people who are well versed with stepping out can do it without a fuss at all, as easily as blinking.

I think its all about how metaphysically coodinated a person is...I mean, if your mind wants to go out but your non-physical body is stuck then you'll get the rushing, if its the other way around you get the twitches...if you've let go of your ties with the body, but havent breached the bodies "skin" yet you get the paralisis....it's just all stages in the progression of stepping out.

If you fly through the steps in a second then you don't feel a thing at all.

I've also noticed that people who are used to OBEing tend to charge their energy first, hence the feeling of the root "chakra" moving or spinning quickly. This adaption generally means a person doesn't expend more energy than they have, so they don't need to sleep more than an hour after projecting...whereas a lot of learners need at least 6 hours to recover because OBEing is quite strenuious earlier on in a persons development.

On the other side of the scale some people don't charge their energy at all and conserve everything so that obeing takes less energy and they have more to spare for other things. In my opinion this technique is good when you don't want to be out for longer than two hours and also when you won't be doing any heavy energy work while your out.

I'm jsut talking from personal experience though, so others will probably have a different opinion.