Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-04-2011, 09:54 PM
businessonly805

astral projection in the old days

if people astral projected back in the days, then why did they think the earth was flat? i can imagine that the first thing many AP afficionados would have done back in the day was to go "to the end of the earth" just to see what it looked like; after all, people thought the world was flat. Can anyone explain this to me? was the belief that the earth was flat, only held by the Anglo Saxton? i can imagine hindu and chinese would have been the first to see wether or not the earth was flat since they practiced AP.
Old 24-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Guide
Because the ability to project doesn't automatically give you all the answers to the universe. When you project, you're existing within a reality frame that is built around your beliefs and experiences... if you don't already know the Earth is round, if you experience it in the non-physical, it's going to look as you believe it does: Flat.

You'll fly up into the "stars" as you see them... look back on the Earth and it'll be represented exactly how you believe it would be, not as it REALLY is.
Old 24-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Master
business... My guess is, when people went out of body in the old days they weren't interested in looking at the shape of the planet but in flying, visiting loved ones, checking out the neighborhood and exploring higher dimensions... just like now.

If you are really interested in what can be seen and discovered through astral projection the thing to do would be to learn how and then get into it. "Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman is a good place to start.

Xan

Old 24-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessonly805
if people astral projected back in the days, then why did they think the earth was flat? i can imagine that the first thing many AP afficionados would have done back in the day was to go "to the end of the earth" just to see what it looked like; after all, people thought the world was flat. Can anyone explain this to me? was the belief that the earth was flat, only held by the Anglo Saxton? i can imagine hindu and chinese would have been the first to see wether or not the earth was flat since they practiced AP.
Since people astral project today, why isn't it widely know that there is an afterlife? Same thing.

Astral projection is and has been a specialized practise. Today it is relatively widespread in that people who want to learn it can learn it pretty easily. In the past it would naturally have been something very uncommon. We will never have any idea about the role of astral projection in the past because historical literature does not delve that deep. However, people in the past did have knowledge and sciences which were astounding even by todays standards. The most we can do is guess.

Just because a few people discover something does not mean that the whole world suddenly stops to listen to those few people. Most of us here know there is an afterlife; do not forget that to the majority of people, the afterlife is still some clouded mystery. Indeed, the assumption that there is "nothing" after death is a popular and even mainstream misconception that IMO is more prevalent than religious conceptions of heaven/hell/afterlife.
Old 24-04-2011, 07:19 AM
businessonly805

good points

good points you guys....anyone here practice wicca or pagan chants? i sort of wanted to know if that stuff is also real. I've seen some weird things happen that suggest it may be real, but i can never be too sure. Can you guys share your experiences? i've heard that most witches will practice meditation and its derivatives to gain more spiritual power.