Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Boom

Beginner to AP - Possibly managed something last night.

Hi guys,

As some may know, Im pretty new to the concept of Astral Projection and have been learning more and more about it these last couple of months.

Anyway this morning at 4am im woken up by a huge passing rain storm locally. I get up, go toilet, and im feeling pretty awake as the rain is pounding down on the roof and battering the windows. So im online checking email and stuff for about 20 minutes. The storm passes and I decide to start heading back to sleep.

I then realised that I was in a perfect scenario to give this another go. So I layed there and basically said to myself an affirmation that I wanted to, and asked a guardian angel to protect me from my negative thoughts.

Then I was just kinda letting my mind wonder, to the early stages of drifting off asleep. But then I was able to think ah hang on, lets try it. And really hard to explain how, but by willing it. I could just feel myself woosh forwards. My ears kinda pop and a kind of similar sound to when wind sound you hear when wind hits a microphone or the sound you get in your ears when you yawn. On those lines. I feel my conciousness hurtling forwards but also kinda sinking down. Ive had this a couple of times before. The excitement has me back to physical reality. I was aware also that I could hear (and still can actually) really high pitched tones in both my ears. Kind of electrifying noises.

So I woke up, stretched, turned over and found myself being able to replicate the above again and again. I must have done it about 3 or 4 times. Each time, I felt I was getting further. I felt the woosh, then focussed into the black and was kinda saying to myself "go go go go!" and id get the woosh further. I was layed on my side with my arm stretched out infront of me. But I became aware and had the feeling that my arm was actually dangling down through the bed and to downstairs. Like it was in a different place to my physical body.

Then I remembered about the rocking sensation you could do to get out of your body. So i tried that, and as daft as it sounds i was kinda pivoting on my little finger. I then became aware of the fact that I could kind of see myself. But it was dark, and also the angle I was at was all nuts. Rather amusing really, its as if i had mostly exited my body from the side but my feet were up in the air and my head was sunk down into the bed . So I kind of just willed myself to get it right.

I then found myself to the other side of me with a clearer angle.

The vision of all this wasnt great. It was dark in the room at the time, and also the detail of seeing me wasnt exactly 100%, and perhaps wasnt an exact 100% accuraate to how i would have been looking if i was to tell you the truth.

The excitement of that brought me back to the physical.

Sorry for the long post. Compared to a lot of stuff on here, it probably isnt very exciting as I didnt get very far. But I just thought id share it because I just needed to get this written down. And also for those who have yet to astral project may find it interesting, and those veteren projectors may be able to shed their comments.

One thing for sure. I did not feel vibrations. I did not have to empty my mind or meditate. infact i just let it flow freely. That woosh sensation was definately something stronger than what I would expect out of a regular dream. The images I got of myself? Well im not entirely sure if I had actually OBE'd or whether I had simply dreamt I had OBE'd. If it was a dream, it was a pretty vivid one.

Thanks for any comments and advice you can give me. There is definately something here beyond dreaming. Its nice to know that I can finally prove that to myself, and I hope to be able to continue and go further and further.
Old 22-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Experiencer
Boom,

Thanks for the post!

The only thing I could suggest is that you brighten up your room a bit so you have points of reference not necessarily to see your physical body but to have indications of where your body is located or other points in your environment so you don't have to dive back in your body just for the sake of knowing where you are. Just a suggestion of course to make your experience a brighter and a more immersive one!
Old 24-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Master
You're getting good at this initial part of your practice, Boon. Now the next step is to select a target ahead of time so as you've separating from the body you can just go there. It's good to pick one close by at first, like the door of your room or a very familiar spot in your house. Later you can choose target places further away and experiences you want to explore.

You got it right... feeling the vibrations is not essential for going out of body. Instead, you heard them as sounds. Eventually the exiting phase goes so quickly and easily you don't even notice it. You're just someplace else doing something interesting.

Xan