Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 18-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Pathfinder

Vibrations

Tonight, I had a strange experience. I was just trying to go to sleep and after a long time of trying, I accidentally entered the vibrational stage. Initially, I enjoy that I got to feel them again but then I always consider the implications of where I might be headed and I always get scared. The thing is, it was like I kept waking up into different versions of my apartment and once I was trying to wake up my girlfriend until I actually opened my eyes to my reality. I don't really know what I'm asking exactly but I felt scared when I woke up and I'm still shaken. How am I getting to these vibrations for one, and how does it connect with sleep and dreaming? Also, What does it mean that I get to this stage without even thinking about it? Oh, and one more. When you enter the vibrational stage, are you even in the reality that you are usually in or do you have to enter an altered state before that even happens? Thanks.
Old 18-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Experiencer
You will be amazed at the things you will begin to notice as your counsciousness begins to expand.
Old 18-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Boom

Well i have never experienced the vibrations myself. But from what I know. You can always get back to your physical body. It may not happen instantly. But you will get back there and you will be unharmed. Its the same as having a nightmare. You wake up, you are not physically harmed. Whatever happens, wherever you project to, you will not ba harmed.

Im not sure how youre getting to the vibrations unintentionally. Some would say youre lucky. Like myself who has had a wish to get that far and have attempted to, without success yet. But its your choice whether to persue further.

Im sure others will give some better advice than me. but keep posting, be interesting to see how you get on :)
Old 18-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks for the replies. There have been times in the past that I actually have tried to get to that point and a few times I have. Of course, I always seem to freak out when it happens. In fact it happened unintentionally about a month ago, but it happened in a dream. Of course it didn't feel like a dream, but I assume it was.

The main thing that I can't get past is the fear of it all. I try to be open minded and maybe even too much so sometimes. How do I know without experience that I can't be possessed, or that it isn't evil, or whatever else there is? Or like what you said, Boom, how can I know for sure that I will return to my body without that personal experience? I mean, I listen to others of course but I can't get past the what ifs I guess. Very frustrating.

I guess one of these times I need to just let go and see where it takes me.
Thanks for the help.
Old 18-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Tiger

As hard as it is, dont be scared of the vibrations! Use them to your advantage and project out of body. Control the vibrations next time...run them up and down your body...focus more intentently on them and raise/lower them. Once you do this, your focus should be where it needs to be. Your mind will be awake enough, where you should have no problems losing control of your consciousness. I feel if you try to leave your body too soon though, without having that control, you will fall asleep and forget your experience or you'll get partially stuck in your physical shell.

From about 2004-2006, I was getting the vibrations EVERY time I layed down to take a nap during the day. It was the most frightening thing ever (and still is sometimes). Its easy to say "oh ok, I wont be scared next time", but as soon as it happens your natural fears take over and its hard to control. I dont have any magic words that will help...just know that with time, and experience, you will be able to deal with them better. You will get a little more brave each time, until you finally decide to go all out. Until then, just work on controlling them like I mentioned earlier.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Master
The key in astral projection side effects such as vibrations is to Relax... and relax more... and ease on through to the fun part.

It's good to read more about it than you could get in a forum, such as in book on the subject. I recommend "Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman.

Xan

Old 19-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Boom

True its the step into the unknown. Something you naturally fear, but will have to alieviate these fears if you have the desire to take things further.

Read up on plenty of forums about Astral Projections and experience others have. Its a big ask, but use their guidance in order to gain confidence in that you cant be harmed, or posessed or anything like that.

Use your energies and surround yourself with a white light energy field. You just imagine this. I personally believe this to be a bit of a placebo in that you believe youre protected by doing this so your fears will be less. The problems is your own fear can manifest nasties if you project into your own conciousness. But they are created by you. You can also ask for help from a guardian angel or anyone else in the Astral. If you do get scared, your physical body will pull you back anyway.
Old 19-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks again. Boom, you brought up another subject I have wondered about. I have done plenty of reading on the subject of astral projection. I mean, a lot of reading. But one of the subjects that I don't totally understand is the concept of having a gaurdian angel or some spirit guide. I mean, are these entities always there with us or is it something that is drawn to the projector? Any thoughts?
Old 21-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Master
jhawk... This is a subject covered in the Angels & Guides section of the forum.

Yes, we all have spirit guides with us constantly
whether we are aware of them or not. There also other spirit beings who come and go. You can learn to communicate with your guides with or without astral projection. Here's a thread about it: Contacting spirit guides - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8493

As for having read a lot about astral projection... If you've done all this and still have fear with the vibrations then maybe you need to read again about what they are, and how to face and go through that phase so it doesn't keep happening.

Xan

Old 26-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks everyone for helping out. I have one last question for this thread. I have gotten to where I can enter the vibrational stage in the morning with a little bit of concentration but when I try to maintain it, I just have a lot of dream imagery until I wake up. I can't seem to get control of what is happening. It didn't really scare me today though. So, what is the next step here? Just keep doing it until I get used to it enough to change the scene, or is there something I am missing?