Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Drewcious281

Whats going on? Battle for my soul?

Hey everyone,

Im a newbie to this site. I posted this in the dream thread but now reading on astral projection this feels more at home. Im supprised i never found this before based on all my experiances my whole life. Well referring to this topic a quick run through is pretty much majority of my life i have had experiances with the paranormal. it all seemed to start when my childhood best friend and I played alot with the quija board at the age of 7ish. Long story.

Well now being 29yrs over the past 6 or so years i have felt more connected to "something" than ever. My ex's mom that is a real deal psychic says i have medium abilities due to my constant contact with the paranormal. ive been searching for things since.

On to my thread title. on and off over the years i have been having these dreams that seem soo real as if im not dreaming at all and really awake. it starts where im laying in my bed in the exact position as i remember falling asleep. I sleep with a small light on so the details of my room are the same. now one of two things happen. Either i feel tons of vibration in my body and my room seems like its mildly vibrating. Even my hearing is as if its vibrating. I then realize im dreaming and am fully aware of this being called lucid dreaming but this feels different. I then either feel something or someone jumping behind me and holding on to me for dear life or something trying to pull me off the bed or by my feet. It feels soooo real that i actually try to fight it. Ill see my hands and arms moving but like a strobelight affect. Knowing its a dream i try to force myself to wake up and i feel if i just give up ill die. i feel this way everytime that if i dont force myself to wake up ill fall into a deeper sleep and die or this thing will take me and i die.

at times i can wake up out of it quick and it doesnt phase me but other times its soo scary and intense that it takes forever to wake up out of and i wake up gasping as if i had a UFC fight. Even my ex girlfriend that lived with me would see me having these "battles" and she says my eyes are wide open looking right at her and i make these weird screeching sounds. over the years i have been able to control them more but there are periods of times where i will have these situations for a week in a row or others where i wont have them for a weeks but i will have this battle usually atleast once a week. A friend thats very into paranormal and shamanism said that its spirits sucking my energy because i will feel so exausted the next morning. I keep loosing the battles, how can i win and what is this???

I have read on astral projection but am also terrified how i have read of experiances that there are bad spirits in the spectral ream that can cut your "third eye" or umbical cord that connects your soul to your body. from these experiances i do feel like my soul is being pulled out of my body or others when im not being harmed i try to pull myself out of my body but never get to that next step.
Old 16-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Alan

OK, you know that astral projection is leaving your body... but when you leave your body you assume someone is trying to steal your soul or something? I don't see your line of reasoning here. As far as I can see you're just leaving your body. If you feel someone is holding on to you when you leave, then it makes sense to leave fully and talk to them instead of fighting them and going back to your body. It's also possible that this "someone" is not real.

Ignore all that stuff about possibilities of being harmed out of body. The vast majority of it is just not true.
Old 18-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Drewcious281

Well maybe i over dramatized my title "battle for my soul". I just wanted to get peoples attention so i apologize but i dont see how i can talk to this being. It feels threatening and is pulling or clenching to me in a scary way. I have heard of spiritual vampires. in other words its a spirit that is weak and needs energy to be stronger so they suck our energy out of us leaving us feeling exausted the next day. I have a book on this too but i have not really read it yet. I suppose i can keep that in mind next time this happens to try talking to this entity or perhaps like you say maybe its not there and its a symbol that im battling something in my soul.

So if im often actually astral projecting when this happens how to i leave my house and float elsewhere like others have done? obviously its training but what do i do next? I have also heard from some friends that are very spiritually open that it is not safe to travel for there are entities that can harm you.
Old 18-04-2011, 06:54 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcious281
I then either feel something or someone jumping behind me and holding on to me for dear life or something trying to pull me off the bed or by my feet.

Sounds like something is trying to make you astral project...
Old 18-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Guide
Quote:
A friend thats very into paranormal and shamanism said that its spirits sucking my energy because i will feel so exausted the next morning. I keep loosing the battles, how can i win and what is this???

There are no spirits tricking you, they're too busy for that I imagine. It's not a battle thought it feels like one.

You're experiencing sleep paralysis, a number of mental misconceptions and hallucinations can take place during. I've had plenty of them and I could write pages on all the different things that have happened to me. Some things you just can't explain when sleep paralysis is happening- feelings, sensations, the vibrations- all normal parts.

I often feel like I'm getting sucked into a black hole and I too fight for my life sometimes, until I realize there's nothing to worry about- and I relax. When you relax, is when the real fun starts.

You may see or hear spirits and voices, but rest assured, they're most likely thought forms- the real deal spirits don't screw around, as far as I know.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:20 AM
Master
Drewcious... It sounds like time for you to learn more about astral projection, what it really is and how to handle it in a relaxed confident way... rather than getting caught in hearsay and fears and missing the real potential for growth and self-discovery.

The book I recommend most is "Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman.

Xan

Old 19-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Alan

Quote:
Well maybe i over dramatized my title "battle for my soul". I just wanted to get peoples attention so i apologize but i dont see how i can talk to this being. It feels threatening and is pulling or clenching to me in a scary way. I have heard of spiritual vampires. in other words its a spirit that is weak and needs energy to be stronger so they suck our energy out of us leaving us feeling exausted the next day. I have a book on this too but i have not really read it yet. I suppose i can keep that in mind next time this happens to try talking to this entity or perhaps like you say maybe its not there and its a symbol that im battling something in my soul.
Disregarding all the stuff about possible negative entities, there isn't much evidence to go on as to whether it is or is not a negative entity. It could very well just be a normal spirit who happens to be there, and even more likely it could simply be part of the split sensations, of which there are many. The simplest route here, I think, is to just leave your body fully and check if any entities are in the vicinity.

Quote:
So if im often actually astral projecting when this happens how to i leave my house and float elsewhere like others have done? obviously its training but what do i do next?
Walk out of your house, it's that simple.

Quote:
I have also heard from some friends that are very spiritually open that it is not safe to travel for there are entities that can harm you.
I don't know your friends, but based on this I would say they are just ignorant of astral projection and have not done it themselves. I hear this kind of thing from religious people who have a knee-jerk reaction to this and spout uninformed/fabricated tales to scare people away from it. I'm not saying the astral is a perfect, heavenly, utopian paradise, but the stories about legions of parasitic monsters waiting to prey upon your innocent soul are greatly exaggerated, and sometimes just fabricated.