Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 21-04-2011, 10:49 PM
unus supra

never mind, im being rude.
Old 22-04-2011, 12:02 AM
agiosotheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I think I say that because I do not like to offend other people.

People shouldn't be offended by anyone being convinced that some of their own beliefs are the correct ones; doing so would probably even be hypocrisy in most cases. I don't think there's any point in bothering with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
No one can prove one way or the other. No one can really know.

Sure, but I think there are some beliefs that can be shown to be more rational or have more evidence to support them.
Old 22-04-2011, 02:49 AM
Novietta

Im new here, but after reading this thread I'd like to interject something. Perhaps...just PERHAPS...there is a higher power that comes to us in whatever form we choose to believe in. If you look at the very root of most religions, the nitty gritty heart of them, they all have basically the same premise. Dont steal, kill, lie, harm others, be selfish or greedy, etc etc. All the rest of the **** seems to be heaped on by us people thru the ages and twisted to suit whatever it is we want it to be. We've all strayed so far from what true spirituality and devotion and love and peace are and gotten all caught up in the "religious" part of it all. Perhaps jesus and god, the Goddess, buddah, allah, etc are all the same higher power that just come to us in whatever form we allow them to. Perhaps at the end of the day its all the same and the only real differences are the ones we put on it. Its just a thought.......
Old 22-04-2011, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novietta
Im new here, but after reading this thread I'd like to interject something. Perhaps...just PERHAPS...there is a higher power that comes to us in whatever form we choose to believe in. If you look at the very root of most religions, the nitty gritty heart of them, they all have basically the same premise. Dont steal, kill, lie, harm others, be selfish or greedy, etc etc. All the rest of the **** seems to be heaped on by us people thru the ages and twisted to suit whatever it is we want it to be. We've all strayed so far from what true spirituality and devotion and love and peace are and gotten all caught up in the "religious" part of it all. Perhaps jesus and god, the Goddess, buddah, allah, etc are all the same higher power that just come to us in whatever form we allow them to. Perhaps at the end of the day its all the same and the only real differences are the ones we put on it. Its just a thought.......
thats a very good thought, and it contains some accuracy too~! read my 2nd quote underneath this post...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 22-04-2011, 05:16 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novietta

I'll throw my three cents on this response. I think we would all like to believe that what we know is true. If we perceive what we know then that should have more credibility than a belief. Belief being more like faith carries weight indeed but perception carries and should carry more weight. Whether that weight is measured by its level of truth is another matter though. So this gets down to the point of what is truth. Who's truth? Is truth relative? Can truth have multiple realities and still carry weight greater than faith or a belief? And could a belief be a truth?

I think the basic premise of this argument is based on the tenet of what is considered real. I've stated this in another thread but it comes to this as well in that once two ppl agree then its supposition is generally accepted. Whether or not multiple ppl agree on it is hinged on acceptance but not necessarily without experience. So if God or Jesus or Budda or other well known super beings are labeled as such then guess what? We have accepted the reality that they are real and alive and generate energy and have life and will carry on as long as this supposition persists. Once that passes then so does the reality of not just its existence but its very nature.

I think we all have a feeling that organized religions are meeting their Waterloo soon and in the years and short decades to come they may pass too. And we have feelings of this great wave of energy passing through each of us with some more aware of it than others. Feelings are real too and those who perceive them make this reality binding and in force. It doesn't take much for an aware spirit to know what is going on and what to do. We are embedded with what-is and what-is to come since time always is without a boundary or limitation. It spans and we know; without the faith..without the lack of clarity. It is the simple knowingness of what is! Once you just feel the energy then that provides the suitable understanding and knowledge to perceive what is without the label of its nature.

Yes. We sense the higher power and open our hearts and souls to such power. Letting the light in is not only what we should do but who we are too. We are all givers of light and the sooner we accept that love and light are within each one of us all and share that to each other the sooner we will come to terms with what to do when we lose our way. And it is up to each of us to help those who need to get back on the path to everlasting bright white light no matter the obstacle or the lack of clarity of perception one may hold.

My last few readings have fostered the perception of awareness that the understanding of ones nature isn't to look outward to the stars but inward into oneself. I see so many signatures with quotes in these threads that basically state that too. God and Budda and Jesus are all within us. They aren't outside of us looking out to us or down at us. We are all and share with all. We just ARE.
Old 22-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontufuto
I'll throw my three cents on this response.... So this gets down to the point of what is truth. Who's truth? Is truth relative? Can truth have multiple realities and still carry weight greater than faith or a belief? And could a belief be a truth?

...We sense the higher power and open our hearts and souls to such power. Letting the light in is not only what we should do but who we are...

My last few readings have fostered the perception of awareness that the understanding of ones nature isn't to look outward to the stars but inward into oneself.

Well said, Kontufuto.

Beliefs are only the mind's ideas and are not the Truth, which can be known directly, not just speculated about.

Truth can be experienced within ourselves, in the silent open space of our being. This is the essence of spiritual awakening.

Xan

Old 22-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Well said, Kontufuto.

Beliefs are only the mind's ideas and are not the Truth, which can be known directly, not just speculated about.

Truth can be experienced within ourselves, in the silent open space of our being. This is the essence of spiritual awakening.

Xan
Hi Xan do you like my new signature.
Old 24-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi Xan do you like my new signature.

ha ha

I appreciate the appreciation.

Xan

Old 25-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Seeker
I believe you could have seen his projection but you have to seek his essence out of the spiritual and the material worlds!