Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 04-10-2015, 05:13 AM
Knower
Lightbulb Think story based on Exorcist/Emily Rose,etc are real?

I do love these movies "Exorcist" and "Exorcism of Emily Rose". They freak me OUT which I love! I do wonder, like in those kind of movies or even shows liek a Haunting or When Ghosts Attack, or even Ghost Adventures (Ghost Hunters is just fake from what i been hearing for the past few years, makes me pretty sad, I loved that show..)but is there some grain of truth? How much is there? I know the movies I mentioned are based on true stories but how much of that is even true? Are demons actually real? Part of me wants to believe it but the other part of me is like "Wow, really?" I do believe I experienced some paranormal weird stuff (nothing scary, maybe a couple or few times I felt un-nerved just like I want to get out of the house/cemetery), but I don't think nothing demonic...)

I will admit part of me can go a day without thinking oh there is no ghost around because I don't feel anything but the other part freaks me out because we are living with ghosts, not sure about demons, but like in the real world, if there are good people, like good spirits, there could be bad spirits right? D: That kind of stuff freaks me out but I"m really curious :O

What are your opinions on the movies? I tried to get into the book of The Exorcist but couldn't get into it but I am willing to try. I think the girl for Exorcism of Emily Rose is based off on a girl named Annellsse (sp?)

I totally understand the shows/movies are doing it for entertainment factor and I will admit it be nice if there is some truth to it too but I am a little suspicious.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Master

I think some of them are partly based on a true story . People hear a knock or foot steps and some one that wants to sell a movie turns that in to a demon .
Old 04-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Master
I think its real.

I heard a Bishop talk about it on a tv and his a well know Bishop and he said that the girl, Emily Rose who is not her real name had 60+ Exorcism's and she was possessed by 3 demons. They made her starve to death.

I love watching paranormal stuff but these movies i hate, sorry to scary for me.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:56 AM
Ravenspirit

I'm not Christian or Catholic but there is Catholicism in the family so I've got a pretty good clue as to how the religion works. I don't believe in this stuff as a Catholic might. The whole God The Father, Christ The Redeemer Son, angels vs demons, duality thing it never did work for me. That being said I have a gift of sorts, and part of that gift is perception.

I can look over at someone and if they have a negative entity attachment I will know it. If they have positive entities gathered around them for some reason I will know it. My feeling is there are negative beings whatever you want to call them that feed off of human emotions like fear, anger etc. There are positive beings that probably do the same only with nicer emotions like love etc. Usually they're giving back good energy, helping though whereas most of the negative ones they're just creating as much drama and fear as they can so they can take it until the person can be used no more.

Whether or not exorcism is a valid option for all these cases I can't tell you. Ultimately I think it's about faith, about maybe changing the person who is infected and their viewpoint so they can finally shove away or out whatever is hooked into them. I can't deny that beings like this exist though because I've seen a couple over the years and it was pretty frightening realizing that something like that was around.

I don't think of them in the way that the RCC does really. I think of them more in a sci-fi kind of way. To me they're a bit like alien parasites. They're not bad per se. They're just doing what they need to do to feed. Unfortunately some of them have discovered that negative emotions are a strong and reliable source of food. They don't want to give back. They're gluttons and they just want to gorge on whatever they can get even if they have to scare their potential host to get it.

The case of Anneliese Michel is a very sad one. I do believe she had a mental illness and might have even had epilepsy as well. Her whole family was intensely religious and they apparently did not want her growing up and away from them at all. I think they instilled a lot of religious guilt into her growing up and when she went away to college she couldn't quite cope though she desperately wanted to have the freedom college life afforded her. It was a conflict for her particularly when she met a young man and started a bit of a romance with him.

I think she got worse and was forced to home but I don't think all of what went on was just in her mind or do to epilepsy. People in the health industry like to see such situations as a medical thing. People in religions that believe in the paranormal only want to see it as that. I think it can be both. I think Anneliese Michel was likely dealing with a mental or physical illness but I also think that some entity or entities stepped in and made her situation all the more difficult.

She certainly was suffering from some kind of religious mania and anorexia. Given her situation, wanting to grow up, but then kind of not wanting to at the same time, meeting a boy and having sexual feelings for him vs her very strict religious beliefs it was definitely a situation conducive towards the start of anorexia. She wanted to grow up but she was definitely not being encouraged t and probably found herself scared by all the new situations, the new feelings. Having that much freedom after years of repression it just set up a bad chain of events that led to her being mentally and physically ill.

I've heard the tapes though and read the books on her case and while I do think she was ill I also do think she had a spiritual parasite problem. Medicines didn't work, so she quit them. The exorcisms didn't work, and there was more than one. In the end she just wasted away and died. I do fault her parents and that for not putting her in the hospital. They should have, but I also think she was being used, that her illness and the trauma involved with it lent itself very well to the purposes of such entities.

I think it was both illness and possession in her case. Part of it was definitely anorexia and religious mania. All you have to do is listen to the tapes and hear who she is claiming is possessing her to see that. She's claiming Hitler and the Devil at one point. That's pretty par for the course for someone with religious mania actually. I think there was maybe an entity or entities involved using the situation, taking her life energy away, but I don't think they were nearly so famous...

Was she a saint? No, I don't think so, but some in the RCC would disagree with me I am sure. They did open her coffin to see if she had decomposed. Supposedly she had though the authorities there would not let her parents in to confirm that. There is an eerie picture from when they unburied her which does suggest a hand print on her coffin which is interesting. Likely it's just a quirk of the light, but it is spooky to see nonetheless.

I do think her case was a genuine possession, but I also think she was mentally ill and physically ill in the first place and that whatever possessed her was just taking advantage of that situation maybe not causing it. The way I see it this probably typical of some of these cases. The person is genuinely ill with some mental or physical illness and as they get worse off a parasite entity steps in to draw energy from the turmoil. Not all cases of supposed possession are probably genuine, but I think some are.

The real ones though, I have real doubts that they can just be cured with an exorcism or two. I think those entities are far more difficult to get rid of than most of the people doing the exorcising like to think. Faith may help in some cases but I don't think all. There's got to be more to it, I think, when it's real...
Old 05-10-2015, 02:12 AM
Deactivated Account

The movie, The Conjuring is based on a true story (according to the script). It's about evil energy attaching it self to objects, in this case, a Doll. Hollywood is so dramatic though. The real doll was actually a rag doll. The movie's doll was more scarier and real looking.

The movie gave me the heebie jeebies.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:33 AM
Ravenspirit

As a kid I had two large Raggedy dolls, Ann and Andy that my great aunt made for me. They were totally lovely. They had my name embroidered on them and hearts over their hearts. She put a lot of love and care into those dolls. About a year after I got them from her I read The Demonologist by the Warrens and I was never able to look at those dolls in the same way again. I put them away in a closet and kept them there until a niece of mine claimed them years later. I was totally spooked by Annabelle, laugh.

In general I am very fond of dolls. I have them all over my house pretty much. I am major collector. In all my years of collecting I have never owned a doll that I felt gave off a bad vibe, quite the contrary. Having the dolls around it's almost like having my personal angels all over the place. I feel very protected. Only twice have I ever picked up a doll and immediately put it back down because it felt wrong to me. Those two dolls, I just walked away.

I would actually like to see the Warren museum and that doll someday. I'm just curious to see what I'd feel in the presence of such a doll. Robert the Doll too. One day I want to go to Key West to his museum and see him. I am admittedly curious as to what he is like in person. I have in the past felt a very strong connection to an old doll, but it's never been a negative thing. I guess a doll can be haunted or even possessed but I've just never seen that. For me, dolls and such negativity it just doesn't compute as they say....

That being said, the two dolls I have on the way are little creepy. I don't usually go for porcelains, particularly 30" ones, but these are very old, hand painted and made in Italy, and they just called to me to keep them together. They are definitely weird sisters, those two. I liked the one better than the other but in the end I got them both because it just felt right. They did have a powerful pull those two, but I think they're likely angels not the opposite. When they get here and I've got some clothes on them I'll post some pics and you guys will see what I mean. They are formidable dolls these two, and just a little spooky....
Old 05-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
As a kid I had two large Raggedy dolls, Ann and Andy that my great aunt made for me. They were totally lovely. They had my name embroidered on them and hearts over their hearts. She put a lot of love and care into those dolls. About a year after I got them from her I read The Demonologist by the Warrens and I was never able to look at those dolls in the same way again. I put them away in a closet and kept them there until a niece of mine claimed them years later. I was totally spooked by Annabelle, laugh.

In general I am very fond of dolls. I have them all over my house pretty much. I am major collector. In all my years of collecting I have never owned a doll that I felt gave off a bad vibe, quite the contrary. Having the dolls around it's almost like having my personal angels all over the place. I feel very protected. Only twice have I ever picked up a doll and immediately put it back down because it felt wrong to me. Those two dolls, I just walked away.

I would actually like to see the Warren museum and that doll someday. I'm just curious to see what I'd feel in the presence of such a doll. Robert the Doll too. One day I want to go to Key West to his museum and see him. I am admittedly curious as to what he is like in person. I have in the past felt a very strong connection to an old doll, but it's never been a negative thing. I guess a doll can be haunted or even possessed but I've just never seen that. For me, dolls and such negativity it just doesn't compute as they say....

That being said, the two dolls I have on the way are little creepy. I don't usually go for porcelains, particularly 30" ones, but these are very old, hand painted and made in Italy, and they just called to me to keep them together. They are definitely weird sisters, those two. I liked the one better than the other but in the end I got them both because it just felt right. They did have a powerful pull those two, but I think they're likely angels not the opposite. When they get here and I've got some clothes on them I'll post some pics and you guys will see what I mean. They are formidable dolls these two, and just a little spooky....

Ah, nice story on the dolls. A lot of people are doll collectors. They are very easy on the eyes to admire. I think energy attaches itself to a lot of objects.Dolls represent a full human form,I can see why an energy would be attracted to consume it. I think that is why voodoo dolls are so efficient in many cultures. They embody the full human form.

Gosh, there was a great thread about dolls and objects. I can't find it, but it was a really great discussion on here. Comes down to energy.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Master
Just want to say: those are some scary freakin dolls

You say they feed like that but why do they possesses someone? I have read that they do this to try to hurt God by taking the person they possessed life.

I have seen exorcisms on tape that a reliable Bishop like i said before did an exorcism and they said it was authentic tape and it looks very disturbing.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:08 AM
Knower
Good points, thanks for the replies and stories :)

Yeah I think pretty much in the ending of Exorcism of Emily Rose it was up to the audience to decide "Was she really mentally sick or demonically possessed?"

I was "okay" with dolls when I was young but after seeing and reading paranormal stuff I started hating dolls more and more D: I do hear of spirits attaching to items. I didn't know of the Warren Museum, or is that same of the Museum of Jjohn Zappis (Haunted Collector)? I think I am sensitive to energies but not well as other people that are more psychic, or empathic. I can look at a person and get bad feelings (harder to pin point if there are too many people around), but depending how a person is I feel comfortable but that's probably normal. I like to call it vibes. Like "Oh I get bad vibes from this person" "Oh wow I love this person, he gives me tons of energy!" I have felt ghostly presences a few times like someone was in the room with me, not often. I did feel my grandma's spirit after she died, that felt nice. I have felt a couple of presences where I felt really freaked like. Can ghosts follow you? I hear they can but do you guys personally think so? D: Later in the day of my grandpa's furneral, I felt something just negative in the room with me, and felt really uncomfortable and the TV in the basement was weird, and I was going to go down to the basement to watch TV and eat my dinner, but something told me NOT to go down there so I didn't. Another time at a great aunt and uncle's house I felt (even my sister said she felt it) that something felt negative like something didn't want us there (The great aunt and uncle were very nice tho :) ). Psychics have told me they were negative spirits or just angry.

Yeah paranormal movies and shows do spook me. Paranormal Witness does but I have to say a Haunting really gets me D: