Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-05-2020, 02:28 PM
Soul Seeker

Supernatural and fantasy thinking about religion. Is it good or evil?

We can scientifically explain the supernatural itch that some allow to control their thinking.

In children, this might be a good way of expanding their minds, but adults are asked to put away the things of children, which, to me, includes supernatural and fantasy thinking.

I use these to show substance dualism. I see this as a useful trait for us in nature but not for our spiritual and religious sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWx_uVDh4Cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqYHiejTVM

I see thinking supernaturally as a deterrent to knowing god, even as I promote fantasy thinking in the seeking of the best rulers and laws to live by, which is a good definition for god. After all, Moses, not that he was real, came down from the mountain with rules and laws and not some fantasy supernatural god.

The laws on earth can never be the same laws as in heaven and we can never reach the pinnacle of as above, so below.

Do you see supernatural thinking as childish or adult thinking?

Do you see supernatural thinking in childish as good?

Do you see supernatural thinking in adults as evil?

Regards
DL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBxFXQy7-M
Old 08-05-2020, 04:32 AM
Experiencer

how does any of this relate to christianity?
Old 08-05-2020, 08:28 AM
Master
Yes, it is so evil, we should bring back the holy inquisition.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:18 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
how does any of this relate to christianity?

Christianity is based on supernatural and fantasy characters.

Regards
DL
Old 08-05-2020, 01:21 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Yes, it is so evil, we should bring back the holy inquisition.

Inquisitions and jihads have been tried and they failed to stifle intelligent thinking.

You must be a believer if your think killing is the answer to everything.

Regards
DL
Old 08-05-2020, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Christianity is based on supernatural and fantasy characters.

Regards
DL
Some can make the same claim against Hinduism and Buddhism. So what is the issue?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 08-05-2020, 01:55 PM
ketzer

Quote:

We can scientifically explain the supernatural itch that some allow to control their thinking.

In children, this might be a good way of expanding their minds, but adults are asked to put away the things of children, which, to me, includes supernatural and fantasy thinking.

I use these to show substance dualism. I see this as a useful trait for us in nature but not for our spiritual and religious sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWx_uVDh4Cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqYHiejTVM

I see thinking supernaturally as a deterrent to knowing god, even as I promote fantasy thinking in the seeking of the best rulers and laws to live by, which is a good definition for god. After all, Moses, not that he was real, came down from the mountain with rules and laws and not some fantasy supernatural god.

The laws on earth can never be the same laws as in heaven and we can never reach the pinnacle of as above, so below.

Do you see supernatural thinking as childish or adult thinking?

Do you see supernatural thinking in childish as good?

Do you see supernatural thinking in adults as evil?

Regards
DL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBxFXQy7-M

If one takes out the supernatural and fantasy thinking from religion, what is left..science? If we do not look and speculate at what might be beyond the boundaries of what we currently call natural, and fantasize about what might be possible that we do not yet or may never understand, then how will those boundaries ever change. I think supernatural and fantasy thinking are good in any number of ways, not just for religion. But I think having an understanding of where the boundaries between natural and supernatural currently are, and the difference between what we all somewhat commonly call reality vs fantasy, is also a very important thing to have when one ventures too far from dry land. One should know how to avoid the dragons that be out there, else they can end up eating ones mind.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:37 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some can make the same claim against Hinduism and Buddhism. So what is the issue?

They do not posit that a genocidal and infanticidal moral monster is somehow good.

Do you see that as better or worse than what Christianity posits, that such a prick is good?

Regards
DL
Old 08-05-2020, 03:41 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
If one takes out the supernatural and fantasy thinking from religion, what is left..science? If we do not look and speculate at what might be beyond the boundaries of what we currently call natural, and fantasize about what might be possible that we do not yet or may never understand, then how will those boundaries ever change. I think supernatural and fantasy thinking are good in any number of ways, not just for religion. But I think having an understanding of where the boundaries between natural and supernatural currently are, and the difference between what we all somewhat commonly call reality vs fantasy, is also a very important thing to have when one ventures too far from dry land. One should know how to avoid the dragons that be out there, else they can end up eating ones mind.

I agree that the difference between what we all somewhat commonly call reality vs fantasy, is also a very important thing to have, but in Christianity and other supernatural based religions, they have lost track of what reality is by believing that their speculative nonsense supernatural thinking is real.

That led them to believe that a genocidal god id somehow good.

Do you see that as a good outcome?

Regards
DL
Old 08-05-2020, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
They do not posit that a genocidal and infanticidal moral monster is somehow good.

Do you see that as better or worse than what Christianity posits, that such a prick is good?

Regards
DL
Interesting.

You changed the topic.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.