Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 11-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Saturn
Slowly I began letting go of the buddhist/new age mentality that "all is positive"and embracing "every desire should be nurtured, both constructive and destructive".

By recognizing our destructive qualities we will be able to embrace those feelings and bring them to the surface to allow them to be resolved...You mention how "to die every day is a good thing"...what this means to me is embracing our lower ego emotions, observing them without judgement, allowing them to be and when one is ready, to release those energies for purging/clearing/resolving to where those lower energies/emotions no longer hold power over us...At least, this is where I'm at in my personal journey...Coming back to my own higher awareness...Someone else may have a different interpretation of what you're saying here...

So by deconstructing our egoic minds we can reconstruct our selves and transcend above certain emotions to the point it no longer holds power over us (ex: jealousy, greed, hatred, self-rejection, self-loathing, fears of abandonment, codependency yada yada, etc...)
Old 11-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Pathfinder

I see what you mean Somnia.

You are not on the same path I have taken, but you do use the concept I wrote for bettering yourself on the path you have taken, you've interpreted in an intelligent way that helps you evolve into that which you want to become.

What I meant for myself with that sentence is I try to let in both constructive and destructive needs and try to feed them with thought and energy, so that they may be acted upon eventually. My goal is not, like is this case with yourself, to overcome these desires, but to master them. So that I can fully enjoy anything I want to do on earth and maybe even reach Prometheus-status, mastery over the 4 earthly dimensions! One can dream.. :)
Old 11-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Suspended

Interesting...

What kind of desires are you aspiring to master? Would you feel comfortable sharing examples of how you plan to work with these desires/emotions/energies and how you plan to incorporate them into your life?
Old 11-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Pathfinder

^ I can, although it will be hard to come up with something good to example it with, it's hard to reproduce life's circumstances with fantasy. The reality of life is often way more complex than any fantasy.

The most specific of these desires would come in the form of raw emotions like ecstacy, hate and obsession. All those strong emotions have their own ways of manifesting in your thoughts which in turn call for specific desires, based on what called forth the emotion. Or mabye it's the other way round, first desire and then thought. The results are the same though.

They way to incorporate mastery over your own elements is just like in nature, you have to go with it in order to balance out your little ecosystem. At night you may feel tears boiling inside like dew on the grass, when dawn comes it will dry up and the sunrays of your happiness will wipe away your tears. When it get's cloudy you will make it storm and rip a couple of trees out and light a forest on fire, so that the ashes will fertilize the grounds and give birth to a more healthy younger forest where every plants and tree has space to grow, untill the cycle starts anew.

So you see, it's important to treat yourself like your most precious lover. Allow everything your hearts desires so that you may blossom.

Why? Because both the path to enlightenment and earthly enlightenment don't market themselfs particularly well, so I go with the most appealing road to get there.