Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 31-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i have to wonder why one would seek to qualify and quantify the essence of selfhood. do you feel that large quantities of chocolate is equative to Love, since both Love and large quantities of chocolate produce similar chemical reactions in the brain?

Because I am too weary to fight with science any longer. Science has killed my God and crushed my soul. That's what science does. In modest amounts, science is safe and helpful. But too much science kills the soul. Be warned!
Old 31-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
Because I am too weary to fight with science any longer. Science has killed my God and crushed my soul. That's what science does. In modest amounts, science is safe and helpful. But too much science kills the soul. Be warned!

i don't understand. what have you been fighting with science about? science a method of exploration, experimentation and categorization so what is there to fight? if you've drawing absolute conclusions you're not being scientific since the method of science is suppose to remain open to new incoming data.
Old 31-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
i don't understand. what have you been fighting with science about? science a method of exploration, experimentation and categorization so what is there to fight? if you've drawing absolute conclusions you're not being scientific since the method of science is suppose to remain open to new incoming data.

Good. I'm glad that you don't understand. I only want the best for humanity.
Old 31-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Master
Arcadia Lost

It doesn't matter now, anyway,
I think over the moon.
It disappears into black velvet.
The Sun follows, ever enamored.

I tried so hard to hold it,
But the dream was gone.
The child who created it,
Grew up to forget how to fly.

So sad were the elves,
Who existed there and then,
As they and the fairies faded,
When Logic forced it's way in.

All the fragile little truths,
Dependent on the magic spell,
Ceased with a moan and a sigh,
As the fires of Analysis consumed the forest.

Lonely were the mice and toads,
Spirit laughter silenced by Science.
Hard facts hold the bridle tight.
No more slow walks in the meadow.

Video Voodoo, concrete mazes,
Neon dreams and radio bombs.
We've traded gentle things for crude Power.
And now the lizard lives alone by the brook.
Old 31-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Master

Quote:
i have to wonder why one would seek to qualify and quantify the essence of selfhood. do you feel that large quantities of chocolate is equative to Love, since both Love and large quantities of chocolate produce similar chemical reactions in the brain?

I believe in large quantities of chocolate.
Old 31-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I believe in large quantities of chocolate.

that's nice but doesn't it get a bit melty and messy when you hug it?
Old 31-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Master

Quote:

Mazulu that is tragic. I'm sorry. I don't want to be trite about what you are saying as I sense a deep sadness but why not look at it different, your God that you knew is no longer as a result of what happened with your experience with understanding science but my prayer is that this void which you have will make way for a more beautiful and generous and loving God - far far richer than what you ever had before.

May a phoenix rise from the ashes.

It took me a long time and it's still emerging but throwing out the original "God" and finding our own god can be far far more beautiful.

Just don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.
Old 31-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Master
Science shows me that as you come closer to me, I look like cells and atoms and space. In fact my own observation shows that I am that space.
Old 31-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Mazulu

Internal queries: the poem expresses what I'm feeling.

Belle: thank you for your positive thoughts.

Gotta go to work. :)
Old 01-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
I don't judge you. I only regret that science is to blame.

Thanks, don't mind me.
That was not a personal outburst, it's just a more generalized opinion.
It was more about people who are quick to say something like what a quack! when they come across spiritual people. Especially after watching somebody wellknown for judging schizos, evil and crazy people.

I do not go around preaching or nor do I normally talk about spirituality anywhere or everywhere. I get called crazy for other reasons,(like in doing something dangerous) if ever I get called that.

In getting back to the thread's subject,
I think it is worth to mention the sensitivity of some animals to spirits as well.
I have seen this for myself.
& although the programs featuring this happening on Animal Planet channel are just tv shows,
these sort of things still happens to some places at times.