Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 08-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
To me this whole issue of 'calling oneself God' is a moral dilema. It is something I feel has been puzzling me for as long as I (my soul) has existed. It is something which has really gotten under my skin.

Is Jesus the only one who has the right (or wrong) to call Himself God? May people call themselves god (not God) too?

Do you see? It is a moral minefield.
Jesus never actually said that he was god, he pointed to the inner self, he said that he cannot do anything without the father, which is our Universal Consciousness, we and the Father are ONE, Jesus only pointed to it, and so we should.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:22 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
To me this whole issue of 'calling oneself God' is a moral dilema. It is something I feel has been puzzling me for as long as I (my soul) has existed. It is something which has really gotten under my skin.

Is Jesus the only one who has the right (or wrong) to call Himself God? May people call themselves god (not God) too?

Do you see? It is a moral minefield.

Honza,

True worship belongs only to God. It would be blasphemy for worshiping a mere man. By worshiping an image of your making, whether it be a wooden idol or the mental model constructed in your imagination you're fundamentally worshiping yourself.

When for example, people sing songs of praise and pray in the name of Jesus, if they thought Jesus was merely a great human teacher, such a religion would be blasphemous. You should not worship Jesus if He is only a man to you.

Lastly, it seems as though you have not read the Bible. What texts have you actually read? If you are having problems reading you might want to look into an audio version in all seriousness.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Honza,
Lastly, it seems as though you have not read the Bible. What texts have you actually read? If you are having problems reading you might want to look into an audio version in all seriousness.

I have never read the bible from start to finish. That is true. But being the book it is I have read and heard much from it.

What difference do you think it would make?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:29 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
I have never read the bible from start to finish. That is true. But being the book it is I have read and heard much from it.

What difference do you think it would make?

The "World View" makes all the Difference. Honza if you live in the United States and don't have a Bible, PM me your address.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Jesus never actually said that he was god, he pointed to the inner self, he said that he cannot do anything without the father, which is our Universal Consciousness, we and the Father are ONE, Jesus only pointed to it, and so we should.

Saying that "he pointed to the inner self" is a huge understatement. According to what is written in the New Testament Jesus gave people the impression that He was "The Son Of God" - Him - Jesus. Not everyone else and not the 'inner self'.

There is a way of saying we are all God. Or the inner self is God. And there is a way of saying "I Am The Son Of God" - which is what He said!

There is no way around it.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
The "World View" makes all the Difference. Honza if you live in the United States and don't have a Bible, PM me your address.

I have the Bible in my bedroom. I check it often. Although not as often as I ought to. It is a book that requires to be known.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:38 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
I have the Bible in my bedroom. I check it often. Although not as often as I ought to. It is a book that requires to be known.

Having a personal relationship with Jesus is knowing something about Jesus. Knowing His mission and sacrifice. If there is no other text you read then read the New Testament. However, to understand the full context of the New Testament you must read the Old. I'm sure Rabbio is more than qualified to help you with the OT (but not limited to). For the NT, I'll try my best through PM (though probably not the best to turn to,- teehee), or if I may, PM theophilus. These two are the most respectful and straight forward people I have encountered in this forum. If they have time perhaps they can help you.

Try to read just one chapter a day in chronological order, and meditate on the words each and every day.

Best wishes Honza.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Master
This answer came up on another forum. It is a very interesting POV.

[quote]
I'm a male. I don't have the "right" to say that because I don't need to have that "right" - it's simply how things are. It's an objective statement of fact. If I say I'm not a male, then the issue isn't whether I was granted or denied that right, it's whether I'm confused or lying, because I am what I am: a guy.

Jesus either was the eternal, coexistent Son of God, who Christians call the Second Person of the Divine Trinity, or He wasn't. It's not a question of whether He had the "right" to say it - it's either true or it isn't.
[unquote]

Old 08-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Master
And this:

[quote]
As far as anyone else having the "right" to say it, that falls into the same category: it's either true or it isn't.
[unquote]

Old 08-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Mayflow

There is a difference between saying you are the only child of god, which I don't think Jesus said or meant, and saying we are all God's children, which is what I think he said.