Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 06-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Master
And Christ said "I Am The Lord" just as Satan did!

In a roundabout way Jesus Christ claimed himself to be God just as much as Satan did. Perhaps they are the same person?

What is the difference between Christ calling himself God and Satan calling himself God?

Are they not both comitting blasphemy?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Master
The difference is that Christ pointed to who we truly are, where Satan pointed to who we think we are, big difference.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Master
I'm getting all muddled up.

Christ never actually did say "I Am The Lord". He said "I Am The Son Of The Lord" there is a difference......

He also implied that the Son is an INTEGRAL part of the Lord. So in a sense he said he is EQUAL in God.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Christ never actually did say "I Am The Lord". He said "I Am The Son Of The Lord" there is a difference......

He also implied that the Son is an INTEGRAL part of the Lord. So in a sense he said he is EQUAL in God.
Yes and you are also equal to God, there is only God, its just the mind that thinks its outside of God.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes and you are also equal to God, there is only God, its just the mind that thinks its outside of God.

Yes, that figures.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

Honza -

I know you love us, but this topic on the Judaism sub-forum??

Anyhow, I'd be curious to have some cites to the verses you allude to where Jesus calls himself "Son of the Lord."

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 06-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
Honza -

I know you love us, but this topic on the Judaism sub-forum??

Anyhow, I'd be curious to have some cites to the verses you allude to where Jesus calls himself "Son of the Lord."

B'shalom,

Peter

Well I put it in this sub forum because I was suggesting Jesus was a fraud who misguided the Jews and everyone else.....

That was my premise. However I'm getting more and more confused by the issue the more I write on it.

Check the verses in John 5:18 and onward...... He says clearly what he is there.

Old 21-03-2012, 03:06 PM
sbjazzman

On 5:18 here is one commentary that helps reframe this a little:

:Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

18. God was his Father-literally, "His own [or peculiar] Father," (as in Ro 8:32). The addition is their own, but a very proper one.

making himself equal with God-rightly gathering this to be His meaning, not from the mere words "My Father," but from His claim of right to act as His Father did in the like high sphere, and by the same law of ceaseless activity in that sphere. And as, instead of instantly disclaiming any such meaning-as He must have done if it was false-He positively sets His seal to it in the following verses, merely explaining how consistent such claim was with the prerogatives of His Father, it is beyond all doubt that we have here an assumption of peculiar personal Sonship, or participation in the Father's essential nature"

I also have more to say on this subject using another gospel as reference if you go to oracle of the phoenix dotcom click on forum and The Aquarian Gospel.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Master
RabbiO: try and see this sub-forum as an integrated part of the whole SF. It is inevitable that threads and posts will overlap as they discuss various parts of spirituality and what they relate to.

This whole FORUM is a spiritual place - not a religious place. I'm sure there are Judaic RELIGION forums. But SF is different because IT BREAKS THE DIVIDING LINES BETWEEN RELIGIONS DOWN. Not builds them up.

You need to let this Judaic Sub Forum BREATH!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
RabbiO: try and see this sub-forum as an integrated part of the whole SF. It is inevitable that threads and posts will overlap as they discuss various parts of spirituality and what they relate to.

This whole FORUM is a spiritual place - not a religious place. I'm sure there are Judaic RELIGION forums. But SF is different because IT BREAKS THE DIVIDING LINES BETWEEN RELIGIONS DOWN. Not builds them up.

You need to let this Judaic Sub Forum BREATH!

May I take this a bit further and post an interesting talk in the Buddhist sub forum - I already addressed the Biblical question on the Judaic forum as to how Satan was presented in the book of Job as a tempter, but still only able to tempt as that God would allow...