Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Often people are just people and some need reassurances or answers that aren't available in 'real Life'. I was reading about how people Lived in Skara Brae in the Orkneys. They'd bury their dead close to their homes, then after a while they'd open the graves again, carefully remove the heads and bring them into the home. I guess it's a way to keep their Loved Ones close even after death. It seems we haven't changed that much after all.

True they do, it all supports life as life needs. Goodness me about the heads and keeping them close. I know death haunted me for many long years so it is understandable people do things to bring death to life, or make it ok for them. I was doing a reiki tonight on a friend, I made mention that if he were a corpse, as relaxed as deep as he was, he would look amazing. He had a chuckle. In some ways it was a pivotal stepping stone of external validation and seeing through me in relation to death. Understanding deeper the light of life never goes out even in death. As humans when we have nothing "tangible" to comprehend the nature of light and its beauty and joy that gives life too in death, it can be situations like the one you share above that create ways more meaningful and tangible, to keep the physical means of understanding death, alive in some way..

Quote:
I've read a lot of material about different realities and quite frankly it only gets confusing and contradictory - and short of common sense sometimes. Theories aren't bad per se but for me they have their place. A while back I was having experiences of time dilations and the feeling as though I'd been randomly beamed into this body. that was really disconcerting. At other times I'd just stop resonating with this reality and lose any sense of self in consciousness. Maybe that's what they mean by Samadhi.

I think we go through those altered states to understand our "place" and ourselves beyond the limitations placed upon us, also to become more at peace with what we are and can do and be, while hear on earth. Everything we experience is supporting us to clear away, open and expand or be at peace with what is. The more I shift the less I understand as to the many movements of creation that come into being through my shifts. What I do understand is what is important. I said tonight to a friend, that even things like intuitive messages or channellings now don't sit so well in me. I also stated truth seems irrelevant to my own reality now, as life is an ongoing changing view in me that what is known now, can change just like that in the next moment. Most often I am just preparing to live more present in the moment with what is aware.. Deepening to be more grounded and move more open and connected to what is. I know everything supports in some way individuals in need, but the deeper you go into yourself, it seems the less you need to know, the less you carry inside yourself and the more you just be and live. The process of life itself moves you, takes care of you, creates through you.

Quote:
In this I have my father's genes, he was a farmer and a no-nonsense kinda guy. We can create our own realities and they feel so real to us, but then that doesn't always mean anything within the wider reality. What's in my head doesn't always matter much to 'out there'.

As individuals and co creators supporting the whole, we naturally have as many different realities, as all this, all intersecting and meeting up, most often it just means being you, as you are and see the world. Of course what you share and show of yourself determines much of what the world reflects and notices through you in this way. I think that we potentially, can open beyond our own creations and take pieces of other realities and expand our own. I sometimes walk closely with kindred people and I notice we open each other in ways we might not be able to know and do if we are not willing to open and allow oneself to expand through each other.

Quote:
My Life Path number is 7, although I don't put too much store in it any more. I've done a few similar things and don't fit into the boxes so easily. This being my final Life on this plane has been both channelled and given to me by mediums, so I'm receiving the message loud and clear. It certainly feels that way, in some areas it feels as though there's a tying up of loose ends going on even across Pat Lives. In other ways I just want to let it all go and not become involved in that I can't remove myself from easily.

Ah thankyou, I do notice one can be living many lives simultaneously, to clear out all threads of containment from those lives.. I feel this is happening to me at times as I get a real sense of what is shifting through a whole interconnected stream of awareness. I have been through what I perceived was going to be my final life, even died and was reborn through a deeper awareness of what I was moving and opening in myself. I am a nine life path. I wasn't anticipating it meant a rebirth in this life and body as I am, but it happened this way. Now I don't put too much on what life and where I am going. As I mentioned it is more about being present in the moment to moment awareness of life for me. The rest plays out as it will.

Quote:
It's been interesting that's for sure.

Not so much nowadays although it comes into play sometimes when I do readings, I much prefer the more one-to-one sessions.

Sounds good. I do a lot of one on one sessions. It seems my clearings and shifts support in the way I am and become..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 27-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I appreciate your clarifications and 'see' the fact that my sense of 'reality' and yours are indeed quite different, and therefore 'understand' the fact that my way of 'relating to' and 'dealing' with the issues I 'sensed' were being raised by the vignettes you shared is of no use to you.

I was primarily trying to show you what I thought might be 'missing' from your view which (possibly?) logically precluded you from experiencing/relating to/being revitalized by communion with (all) Life - earthly life included.

At least that is what I thought your raising the communion issue in your prior response indicated.

I 'see' from your mention of "Triplex Unity" that you conceptually frame 'R'eailty in what you regard as a more meaningfull way than I do. Which is fine with me.

My criterion for the value of an idea/concept/etc. or set of ideas/concepts/etcs. -- since I regard all such intellectual things as really just be being 'mental' tools -- are the possibly life-enhancing uses to which they may be put.

My ideas (the ones I have presented) have facilitated/enabled me to experience and live with an 'attitude' of (what I call) communion. I offered them in response to what you expressed, which looked (sounded) to me as though it was describing a kind of communionless (i.e. 'isolationist') malaise, thinking they might and so hoping they would be useful to you in terms of 'healing' into a state of 'greater' more love-and-joy-full engagement with your/our Life-stream.

I was clearly mistaken in the latter regard.

I appreciate your making that fact clear to me.
Thank you. David.

You mentioned the word 'grok' a while back, did you ever read the book Stranger in a Strange Land? A friend of mine had it on his bookshelf back in the late 80s, it stood out because it wasn't his usual fare and I particularly like sci-fi, more so than Spiritual books. Almost immediately I resonated with the lead character even though at the time I wasn't in the least Spiritual. I'd felt like a 'Martian' most of my Life and few took the time to really understand me never mind 'grok', even the guy with the 160 IQ called me an enigma. In that respect I 'gokked' the word 'grok', it wasn't just a trendy word I'd picked up along the way.

There's been a lot of water under the bridge since but we walk the spiral, so we can come back to 'square one' to perceive even deeper truths. Sometimes the only way forwards is to go back, because if we don't know where we're coming from we don't know where we're going. The skin synthesises Vitamin B12 from sunlight, just like the dinosaurs we came from did and we're still as afraid of the dark as the hominids that came down from the trees.

I am my Lifestream, David, but I see mine in a very different context to the way you see yours. While I am isolated I am yet in communion as you would put it, and in communion with who/what else is in my reality. The first songbird of spring caused emotions to rise in me.

You are of an ancient race, David, that's what you're looking for.
Old 27-03-2018, 01:49 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
True they do, it all supports life as life needs. Goodness me about the heads and keeping them close. I know death haunted me for many long years so it is understandable people do things to bring death to life, or make it ok for them. I was doing a reiki tonight on a friend, I made mention that if he were a corpse, as relaxed as deep as he was, he would look amazing. He had a chuckle. In some ways it was a pivotal stepping stone of external validation and seeing through me in relation to death. Understanding deeper the light of life never goes out even in death. As humans when we have nothing "tangible" to comprehend the nature of light and its beauty and joy that gives life too in death, it can be situations like the one you share above that create ways more meaningful and tangible, to keep the physical means of understanding death, alive in some way..
We all do it I think, there's something inherent in human nature that needs some kind of expression of continuation, as they say in mediumship - "proof of survival." A butterfly that was sent by a Loved One passed over, enough to trigger the memories and the consciousness. We all seek validation in our own ways, the child who tugs at the legs for attention has never really grown up as much as the child who learned to fear hasn't either. And Tomorrow's Child rises to meet the day.

I had to uncover the photos of my parents' wedding day, they'd got lost in the clutter. I don't need pictures of my father, he's always been here but at the same times there's still something endearing with the human perspective that he's not here. It's both needing and not needing anything tangible at the same time, if that makes any sense. There's a kind of freedom in being able to encompass both without discrimination. My mother has never really Loved anyone else in her Life although she did marry again, and she's always believed that when she dies he'll be waiting for her. She knows I know he will be. She's been diagnosed with dementia so in time I'll lose her a little more each day, in time they'll become a little closer each day.

Quote:
I think we go through those altered states to understand our "place" and ourselves beyond the limitations placed upon us, also to become more at peace with what we are and can do and be, while hear on earth. Everything we experience is supporting us to clear away, open and expand or be at peace with what is. The more I shift the less I understand as to the many movements of creation that come into being through my shifts. What I do understand is what is important. I said tonight to a friend, that even things like intuitive messages or channellings now don't sit so well in me. I also stated truth seems irrelevant to my own reality now, as life is an ongoing changing view in me that what is known now, can change just like that in the next moment. Most often I am just preparing to live more present in the moment with what is aware.. Deepening to be more grounded and move more open and connected to what is. I know everything supports in some way individuals in need, but the deeper you go into yourself, it seems the less you need to know, the less you carry inside yourself and the more you just be and live. The process of life itself moves you, takes care of you, creates through you.
Oh yes in huge, flashing neon letters. It feels natural, it feels as though - excuse the phrase - as if it was all 'meant to be'. We can wax Spiritually about their being no time and all that but when it comes into conscious experience it's very different. There's still a need to 'keep in touch' with certain things because we still have to function within a 3D density, there being no time doesn't help when the cooker is burning supper to a cinder.

I've never been much of a one for channelled information personally although I recognise the need many people have in that and the comfort it can bring them sometimes. There's a critical mass of energy that builds up when people come together and especially when channellers, mediums and Sprit all commune. Sometimes we need to express those very human moments to vent our systems and this is what I had at the time - a very human moment where I was very unsure and needed validation. If you know where you've come from you know where you're going. It was a release for me, something dragged away to make the space for something else.

Quote:
As individuals and co creators supporting the whole, we naturally have as many different realities, as all this, all intersecting and meeting up, most often it just means being you, as you are and see the world. Of course what you share and show of yourself determines much of what the world reflects and notices through you in this way. I think that we potentially, can open beyond our own creations and take pieces of other realities and expand our own. I sometimes walk closely with kindred people and I notice we open each other in ways we might not be able to know and do if we are not willing to open and allow oneself to expand through each other.
I have to be quite careful as to what I share and with whom, experience has shown me that even though I share in all naked honesty as much as possible, how it's received is beyond my control and intention. Sometimes it's best to dance around the periphery because even if you feel a deep connection with someone they may not feel it with you. Perhaps the question is when does a connection become a connection? 'Kindred' is not a word that I see very often in these forums, as though it belongs to a very different time and place.

There are those that know their own, even if their own do not know them. It's the mask of the role, but nothing is every truly forgotten.

Quote:
Ah thankyou, I do notice one can be living many lives simultaneously, to clear out all threads of containment from those lives.. I feel this is happening to me at times as I get a real sense of what is shifting through a whole interconnected stream of awareness. I have been through what I perceived was going to be my final life, even died and was reborn through a deeper awareness of what I was moving and opening in myself. I am a nine life path. I wasn't anticipating it meant a rebirth in this life and body as I am, but it happened this way. Now I don't put too much on what life and where I am going. As I mentioned it is more about being present in the moment to moment awareness of life for me. The rest plays out as it will.
You're welcome. I guess you took your Life Path number to heart?

We are all reborn one way or another. The obvious Dark Night of the Soul is like spending time in the womb, while our molecules die and are replaced and every once in a while we are physically completely renewed. In one model of reality it's been said that our consciousness is 'born anew' every moment, whether that's true or not is in philosophy but sometimes there are very noticeable periods in our Lives where we change.

I needed a context within which to frame my Life and perceptions of Past Lives. While there is no time I still need a month's notice to do what I used to do all night, but that gives me a choice of perception. I can perceive there is no time, I can perceive that I have a perception of what we call time. There is rhyme and reason in both and if I choose one or the other, what does that say? There's nothing in the rulebook that prohibits encompassing, and if there is I don't care anyway.

I enjoy being me, having a personality means I can relate to and interact with people better, even if I'm seen as the crazy old man who plays in the puddles with the kids. I'm going to take mine with me as a souvenir.

Quote:
Sounds good. I do a lot of one on one sessions. It seems my clearings and shifts support in the way I am and become..
The lines begin to blur, which becomes quite interesting in itself and as they expand and encompass what I express I can encompass their expansion in more 'intimate' ways. It becomes mutually immersive in the stream.
Old 27-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you. David.

You mentioned the word 'grok' a while back, did you ever read the book Stranger in a Strange Land? A friend of mine had it on his bookshelf back in the late 80s, it stood out because it wasn't his usual fare and I particularly like sci-fi, more so than Spiritual books. Almost immediately I resonated with the lead character even though at the time I wasn't in the least Spiritual. I'd felt like a 'Martian' most of my Life and few took the time to really understand me never mind 'grok', even the guy with the 160 IQ called me an enigma. In that respect I 'gokked' the word 'grok', it wasn't just a trendy word I'd picked up along the way.

There's been a lot of water under the bridge since but we walk the spiral, so we can come back to 'square one' to perceive even deeper truths. Sometimes the only way forwards is to go back, because if we don't know where we're coming from we don't know where we're going. The skin synthesizes Vitamin B12 from sunlight, just like the dinosaurs we came from did and we're still as afraid of the dark as the hominids that came down from the trees.

I am my Lifestream, David, but I see mine in a very different context to the way you see yours. While I am isolated I am yet in communion as you would put it, and in communion with who/what else is in my reality. The first songbird of spring caused emotions to rise in me.

You are of an ancient race, David, that's what you're looking for.
Yes, I 'see' that you 'see' with 'Cosmic' Vision - a/k/a Cosmic Consciousness. Hence my 'seeking' to 'ally' with you. The 'rough edge(s)' of your (personal) Spiritual configuration (soul?) that I 'saw' and so attempted confront pertain(ed?) to your personal feeling/projection of being a 'stranger in a strange land', feeling 'i'solated because of the 'uniqueness' of your local configuration and/or the 'different'ness of other 'humans' maybe.

Bird singing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teP1pE6S7tQ

Old 28-03-2018, 10:29 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yes, I 'see' that you 'see' with 'Cosmic' Vision - a/k/a Cosmic Consciousness. Hence my 'seeking' to 'ally' with you. The 'rough edge(s)' of your (personal) Spiritual configuration (soul?) that I 'saw' and so attempted confront pertain(ed?) to your personal feeling/projection of being a 'stranger in a strange land', feeling 'i'solated because of the 'uniqueness' of your local configuration and/or the 'different'ness of other 'humans' maybe.

Bird singing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teP1pE6S7tQ

Cosmic Consciousness, that's something I would never have alluded to. But if you see me with Cosmic Consciousness, doesn't that mean you already have it in yourself? Isn't that the meaning of 'Namaste', depending on your definition? Is the Cosmic Consciousness in you seeing the Cosmic Consciousness in me, and therefore in all of us?

Or are you just as much the stranger in the strange land? Engineering and Spirituality seems to be a curious mix yet here you are just the same. Spanners and "the Presence in the Hearts of all" as the Bhagavad Gita says? Reflections are curious things David, and often it's hard to tell who is reflecting whom and what if We are One.

The seeker is always that which is sought and often our dialogue with ourselves is all we need to take notice of. Are you trying to ally with me or are you trying to ally with yourself?

I was given a copy of the Bhagavad Gita over forty years ago, I remember the circumstances so clearly. Back then it was just too heavy for me and I was isolated and alone with what I had inside. It was advanced rocket science to someone who had just learned to read and no support mechanisms existed. Isolation in both time and place.

I learned at an early age I was 'different' and that people didn't like it. What was intuition they saw as a threat, they didn't like people seeing behind their masks. Even in these forums, David, there are things that I won't tell of because nobody would connect to them. I guess the Golden Ones are a reality too far after all.

Thanks for the little birdy, strangely enough I was watching a real one in a tree just the other day as if he was heralding the spring. I'll leave you to think about what part you had in that, what you might be connecting to.

The most cosmic thing we can be is ourselves, but how often do we do ourselves that honour?
Old 28-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Cosmic Consciousness, that's something I would never have alluded to. But if you see me with Cosmic Consciousness, doesn't that mean you already have it in yourself? Isn't that the meaning of 'Namaste', depending on your definition? Is the Cosmic Consciousness in you seeing the Cosmic Consciousness in me, and therefore in all of us?

Or are you just as much the stranger in the strange land? Engineering and Spirituality seems to be a curious mix yet here you are just the same. Spanners and "the Presence in the Hearts of all" as the Bhagavad Gita says? Reflections are curious things David, and often it's hard to tell who is reflecting whom and what if We are One.

The seeker is always that which is sought and often our dialogue with ourselves is all we need to take notice of. Are you trying to ally with me or are you trying to ally with yourself?

I was given a copy of the Bhagavad Gita over forty years ago, I remember the circumstances so clearly. Back then it was just too heavy for me and I was isolated and alone with what I had inside. It was advanced rocket science to someone who had just learned to read and no support mechanisms existed. Isolation in both time and place.

I learned at an early age I was 'different' and that people didn't like it. What was intuition they saw as a threat, they didn't like people seeing behind their masks. Even in these forums, David, there are things that I won't tell of because nobody would connect to them. I guess the Golden Ones are a reality too far after all.

Thanks for the little birdy, strangely enough I was watching a real one in a tree just the other day as if he was heralding the spring. I'll leave you to think about what part you had in that, what you might be connecting to.

Quote:
The most cosmic thing we can be is ourselves, but how often do we do ourselves that honour?
Methinks that the 'deepest' (albeit 'crazy') reason peeps don't fully 'honour' (embrace, love, enjoy, etc.) themselves, though they may keep on 'trying' to, is the (albeit irrational,feeling-based) projection that the fact that things in their lives are not as they would like them to be means that there must be something that is 'not good' about them.

The 'false logic' in this regard being, "If I was really 'God', i.e. Good, everything would be as I wished it to be."

Sort of a twist on, "If my God-Father/Mother really 'loved' me, he/she would see to it that I had everything I 'wanted', and since I don't, he/she must think there is something unlovable about me!"

Or something like that!
Old 30-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:

Methinks that the 'deepest' (albeit 'crazy') reason peeps don't fully 'honour' (embrace, love, enjoy, etc.) themselves, though they may keep on 'trying' to, is the (albeit irrational,feeling-based) projection that the fact that things in their lives are not as they would like them to be means that there must be something that is 'not good' about them.

The 'false logic' in this regard being, "If I was really 'God', i.e. Good, everything would be as I wished it to be."

Sort of a twist on, "If my God-Father/Mother really 'loved' me, he/she would see to it that I had everything I 'wanted', and since I don't, he/she must think there is something unlovable about me!"

Or something like that!
I watched a child and his mother come out of the supermarket, the mother laden with shopping. The child wanted to run in any direction as log as it was somewhere else. The child was heading towards the road so I diverted the child by being where I didn't want the child to be. Even in Spiritual development we haven't learned that we're still very much children, we're running away from who and what we are so we can call ourselves Spiritual and feel awesome because we talk about abstractions and concepts. I guess logic is as relative as wisdom and truth.

If I was really God, I'd know that eating my vegetables and not my sweets was much more beneficial.

Have we really come that far?
Old 30-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
I watched a child and his mother come out of the supermarket, the mother laden with shopping. The child wanted to run in any direction as log as it was somewhere else. The child was heading towards the road so I diverted the child by being where I didn't want the child to be. Even in Spiritual development we haven't learned that we're still very much children, we're running away from who and what we are so we can call ourselves Spiritual and feel awesome because we talk about abstractions and concepts. I guess logic is as relative as wisdom and truth.

Quote:
If I was really God, I'd know that eating my vegetables and not my sweets was much more beneficial.

Have we really come that far?
Remember my saying: "Wherever 'you' go, there 'you' are"? Now I say, "Wherever 'you' go, there's an 'ahead' and a 'behind'."

Methinks 'God' too is 'learning' in the same 'sense'. I am talkng about the LIVING 'God', our Creativing ALL-ONE-ness, now, not of some abstractly 'perfected' (another doofy notion, IMO) projection.
Old 31-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Greenslade

Quote:

Remember my saying: "Wherever 'you' go, there 'you' are"? Now I say, "Wherever 'you' go, there's an 'ahead' and a 'behind'."

Methinks 'God' too is 'learning' in the same 'sense'. I am talkng about the LIVING 'God', our Creativing ALL-ONE-ness, now, not of some abstractly 'perfected' (another doofy notion, IMO) projection.
Everywhere IS, David, so what's left is relative to one's own choice of perspective. It's all relative; All is relative to not All, Oneness is relative to not Oneness.....
Old 31-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Everywhere IS, David, so what's left is relative to one's own choice of perspective. It's all relative; All is relative to not All, Oneness is relative to not Oneness.....

'ALL' and 'ONE' are just mathematical (?) abstractions, or abstraxioms, IMO.

THe FIRST (most fundamental!) axiom in my THEORY of LIFE, i.e. of CREATION ITSELF, is that just 'loving' and 'enjoying' didling with ONEself (i.e. maturbating') is a poor second to 'loving' and 'enjoying' reciprocal-excitation in relation to an-Living-OTHER.

IOW, relativeness/relativity/relating was 'conceived' (and born into Being) as being (the?) better (best?) way to maximally experience and express the ESSENCE of BEING (LIFE?) which is LOVE-and-JOY, as far as I can think-feel-n-tell.

WOOHOO, Bro!