Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-01-2024, 11:53 PM
Master
Oh yeah, my tastes have definitely changed a lot over the last ten years or so, I've got no appetite whatsoever for violent and/or melodramatic shows these days. I've found it tough to deal with at times as various interests have fallen away, because it's like, what do I do with my spare time now?? But it's an opportunity to figure out what's really important to me, what my heart really desires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
There must be money in awful or graphic shows because in the USA they keep adding another Crime show based
in yet another city...CSI, murder investigations of all sorts...I notice the Brits love crime/murder shows, too.
It's mystifying, honestly.
Old 22-01-2024, 04:27 PM
Guide

I have the same problem A Human Being - I wonder what to do in my spare time and I get tempted by shows or websites that I know are less than good for my mental health. It's a good call to use that time to figure out what my heart really desires.
Old 22-01-2024, 04:54 PM
Experiencer
i watch a lot more YouTube these days tv comes on for only programs i want to watch

i do more art and listening to music and in my work shop making stuff
i must say i look back how my life was i feel i don't need to escape from life like i use to

i all so just love sitting watching the world go by
Old 23-01-2024, 04:03 AM
Master
I watch very little T.V., no violent or crime dramas, mostly comedy shows and I like the show Jeopardy. I can relate to “what do I do with my spare time” and the answer for me is just be, learn to live in the moment. I do not have to occupy myself doing something.

It is a natural process of aging for our interests to change; the mind changes, our emotions change, the quality of our senses change, and we may not see life the same way we did. Spiritual development speeds this up. In my opinion these changes are a natural process, that in my opinion, prepares us for physical death. Things and people just do not bother me the way that they used to. Physical death appears to me as nothing and it has no hold on me. I have changed dramatically.

Adaptability is one of the most important human traits. Life is a science and also an art and one of the ways I occupy myself is by being creative. Being quiet inside I get incredibly ingénues ways of doing things. I have developed awesome creativity from where I was before when I had very poor creativity. I attribute this to becoming more conscious of the creator; whatever love touches does not remain the same.
Old 23-01-2024, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
... I wonder what to do in my spare time ..
I watch SO many NDE youtubes and interviews with those people when I'm tired of Shows or movies,
very inspiring and fascinating and one leads to another!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-01-2024, 10:28 AM
Guide

Starman - comedy is good. I have a lot of box sets of shows that I really love. I've watched them so many times though, lol.

When you say you don't have to occupy yourself doing something, do you literally sit in silence? I'm interested because I would find that tough.

The rest is beautifully said. I agree that interests naturally change as we age.

Vortex - sounds good. I watch stuff on youtube as well. I'm no artist but I blog on wordpress and I keep private written journals.

Miss Hepburn - that's a good plan. I do listen to a lot of spiritual talks on youtube i.e Eckhart Tolle, but I sometimes crave something a bit different.

It may sound silly, but I like doing a lot of wordsearches at the moment. i used to love them when i was younger (pre internet) and it feels such a calming, screen free activity. In the past I did French ones even though I don't understand a lot of French!
Old 30-01-2024, 07:53 PM
Nobody 444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
I don't watch much TV at all but I enjoy the occasional crime or psychological drama that hasn't got any or very little violence in it - nothing sadistic or graphic.

I was wondering whether other people watch any Tv and/ or have experienced this or whether you don't have any issues watching Tv? Has it changed as you've gone further along the spiritual path, or not? I'm talking specifically about fairly tame Tv, not anything truly graphic, or the news (as the news is always bad for people's mental health).

Emphatic from childhood, or just is beginning?

An empath feels and absorbs other people’s emotions and/or physical symptoms. They have a hard time intellectualizing their feelings.
Centering oneself is key for someone who is an empath, so they don't feel too much or get overloaded.
Empaths, who are often introverted, often need alone time and can have difficulty with intimate relationships.

Hemera, I love you. I have had problems not just television but everything and everyone I feel, see, hear, I have been married 23 years and I know my wife better than she knows herself. It has always been like this. I cannot go out to a movie unless I know what is in the film. It is scary, I mean terrifying for me to go. I have had to walk out of movies because of distress. I know it is a movie and what I am seeing is not real. But your brain switches on and you begin the possess of the empath and this is to learn. That is correct, we experience learning. We learn things differently than most people.

We do, and it is hard because what we learn and how we learn is as tangible as going to collage for 6 years.
What can we do? Obviously stay away, but then what? We stop learning. An empath can dig our own hole of ignorance and go hide and never learn anything more. We are more susceptible to mental illness if we do not protect this learning experience somehow.

Meditation, visual meditation, and prayer are very good for you. As an Empath we have the ability to project our souls. Every does but the empath uses feelings and what has been learned to project or push out to the Spirit for understanding. You will always be this way. And I am sorry, but this will get worse. Besides prayer or meditation is there more? Yes, there is. Training. Why not watch tv the news or a movie knowing this will happen and instead of allowing the connection to take us so forcefully we can teach yourself by practicing with preparation. Before doing this type of training, meditate, clear yourself, exercise, clear yourself, get plenty of rest, clear yourself. Then and only then do it, start training. Had to add, Stop in training if the material is getting bad. Stop wait return later, return in a week. Clear yourself again. Then let's try to train. In the end you will be stronger. I am not saying that you will never be affected by what you experience by seeing, tasting, hearing, an empath can have many abilities. And remember you are doing this with everything and a documentary on self-healing is hitting you the same way in the brain as seeing violence, but the documentary is soft and violence is hard and we learn and we sense all the time, all the time dear. Stay with soft things for a while but remember the hard things are very important too. Stay with love and you will be fine.

Last edited by Nobody 444 : 31-01-2024 at 02:53 AM.