Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2024, 06:44 AM
Ascender
Spiritual Psychosis

Spiritual Psychosis

Psychosis is a condition that affects the mind and can cause a person to lose touch with reality. It can cause a person to experience hallucinations, delusions, and disordered thinking.

Spiritual psychosis is a type of psychosis that is characterized by a person's belief that they are possessed by a demon or other evil entity, or that they are receiving messages from God or another higher power. Spiritual psychosis can also cause a person to believe that they are cursed, or that they are being persecuted by Satan or other evil forces. Spiritual psychosis can be caused by a variety of factors, including mental illness, substance abuse, and traumatic experiences.

Key reasons behind spiritual psychosis

Lack of connection to a higher power or belief system.
Disconnected from reality and/or the physical world.
Hallucinations and/or delusions.
Paranoia.
Psychotic symptoms due to sleep deprivation or malnutrition.
Drug-induced psychosis.
Schizophrenia.
Bipolar disorder.
Major depression.
Post-traumatic stress disorder.

Psychosis or spiritual emergency?

When we think of psychosis, we often think of it as a mental illness that is characterized by a break from reality. However, psychosis can also be caused by a spiritual emergency, which is a crisis that is caused by a person's spiritual beliefs or practices.

A spiritual emergency can be caused by a number of things, including a sudden change in spiritual beliefs, a loss of faith, or a traumatic event. People who are experiencing a spiritual emergency may feel like they are going crazy, but it is important to remember that this is not the same as a mental illness.

Connection between shifting and spiritual psychosis.

There is a connection between shifting and spiritual psychosis. When a person experiences a shift, they may also experience a spiritual psychosis. This is because the shift can cause a change in the person's perception of reality. The shift can also cause the person to feel disconnected from their body and from the physical world. This can lead to a feeling of being disconnected from oneself and from the spiritual world.

I have personally experienced spiritual psychosis and found it to be confusing, overwhelming, intense and extremely difficult to process. If anyone else has been through this experience I ask that you please share your experiences and welcome all thoughts, feelings and views on this.

Many thanks
Old 14-01-2024, 01:04 PM
Knower

Yes in my own opinion it is caused by fear portrayed on us all through religion, horror movies and stories, this is why people struggle with shadow work and why some take years to awaken. Fear is the root cause, my advice is to rid urself of all past beliefs, it is the only way to receive truth. The subconscious will open up revealing the parts you keep hidden, it is a process one has to go through in order to see the light on the other side and who they really are, the only way out is in. Shadow work will test you mentally, and balance is the key, taking breaks into reality when needed, I can tell you demons don’t exist whether you believe it or not is up to you, it is only negative energy that exists and if one believes it to be a demon then it will be, we project our fears through beliefs if that makes sense, everything is energy. I don’t invest my time into negative movies, news etc I won’t allow myself to absorb these types of energies, best thing I ever did!
Old 14-01-2024, 02:03 PM
Master

i've never been talked to by god; and I don't consort with either demons or angels, I'm just kinda on my own....

but after my first break the drs decided i was a paranoid schizophrenic.

The reality is, people had been so mean to me early in my life, and as it turns out this is a theme across a lot of lives, so I fesl any paranoia I had that what was coming next is that people would be mean to me was fully justified. And as often as not that is what I've lived; people have chosen to be mean to me. But society just thinks im worthless for my views...

Meanwhile there were so many coincidences going on that it was jsut insane. The sum total of it, how could it be an accident? So I wondered why I was being talked to this way? Possibly now though I think it might just be echoes???? But at the time while I didn't believe it was god, I did very much believe I was being addressed for whatever reason. But that is a part of schizophrenia so that is where the drs got that I guess....

Anyway for a long time I was drunk on all this, didn't help that I'd also seen some spiritual stuff about the nature of reality that I was delving into.... I had a very hard time digging out of being drunk with it and into some semblance of a more real reality the way people know them.

But I haven't been in a more real reality in a long time. I'm grounded, but it is usual for me to be transitioning from one state of experiencing things to another... it gets scary sometimes, with new feelings I don't know who I am or how to relate and with paranoie it just gets awful with the waiting for the other shoe to drop and get myself kicked! I just push through things a xxlot of the time, and hope for the best... the fact I don't much have real relationships with people to ground me in that kind of normalcy doesn't help either... although i suppose if I did i wouldn't much be able to keep transitioning between different states of being lol... so anyway while I consider myself grounded in a way that perhaps others don't understand as grounding, the distance from others makes it all seem somewhat surreal....

thank you for letting me talk.
Old 14-01-2024, 03:08 PM
Guide

The rising of Kundalini or similar such experiences can easily induce psychosis if one is not spiritually ready to receive that energy. I'm pretty self aware and I was meditating a lot when I triggered it, but I had no idea what was happening to me and I was very frightened. I knew it was an awakening of some kind, but all the psychic experiences were pretty scary until I got a grip on it all.

If someone is more fragile, and/or their ego runs the show, I can absolutely see how it could drive someone to either have a breakdown or believe they are 'chosen' in some way and potentially trigger psychosis.
Old 14-01-2024, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraTherase
Spiritual Psychosis
Psychosis is a condition that affects the mind and can cause a person to lose touch with reality.
It can cause a person to experience hallucinations, delusions, and disordered thinking.
Ok.
As in anything - you have the people outside looking at the doggie in the window and then
you have the those inside holding, smelling and kissing the doggie.

Psychosis is a term used by those in medicine that are on the outside looking at the doggie in the window.

They consider the person has lost touch with reality. When in fact, the person 'may' be more in touch with reality than they are.
I'm talking from experience...again, nothing I have read.

Added:
All the above I'm leaving - but, I wrote it before knowing that you, Sara, had an unpleasant mental breakdown,
which for the gang here - Sara mentions in the Reading Request section ---so I'm not breaking any confidences here! :)

I do think, so my opinion, there is psychosis and then, there is a pleasant awakening-type altered state, possibly
called a''spiritual psychosis'', in which a person 'sees' the wonder of this creation in a different way;
certainly not in the regular way brain waves are in our everyday life.

''I'd also seen some spiritual stuff about the nature of reality that I was delving into...''
-FallingLeaves
Anytime you want to share more --or even in a pm, I'd LOVE to hear more. :)
You can talk to me ANYtime.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-01-2024, 04:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
They consider the person has lost touch with reality. When in fact, the person 'may' be more in touch with reality than they are.

i don't like to go around claiming what levels of awareness I might or might not have because I'm kinda fragile and it is easy for the ego to take over... but when I was being diagnosed the dr asked me a specific question and wanted the answer. I looked at the question, and after a moment gave an honest answer. In that moment, I felt like he didn't believe me. I felt like he felt like I was lying. Later, I discovered that part of my diagnosis was that people like me would routinely lie to try to lesson the probability of such a diagnosis... so the fact that he thought I was lying, in part, helped him pin down his diagnosis.

I've always felt, that dr, at that time, was a little out of touch with the reality of things. Whether or not my diagnosis fits the reality of things, he was definitely seeing what he wanted to see in that moment.

But he was the dr, and I was just some random patient... so of course he knew best... that is on him though, not on me... (shrugs)

FWIW the drugs they give me because of that diagnosis help take the edge off of things though lol... so the diagnosis it turned out to be beneficial other than the social implications lol...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may take you up on your other offer at some point, I actually wrote something along those lines the other day. I thought the way I wrote it was too egotistical and way too argumentative so I didn't post it lol....
Old 14-01-2024, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I've always felt, that dr, at that time, was a little out of touch with the reality of things.
Whether or not my diagnosis fits the reality of things, he was definitely seeing what he wanted to see in that moment.
Don't get me started on doctors!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-01-2024, 06:34 PM
Knower

I think we all have more or a little, bits of schizophrenia and psychosis ...

I think it's best not to focus upon 'em though... there is a thing like a magnifying glass which can enlarge these functions... And there is a thing too thin and thick that connects us with reality..... or whatever those living solely there (is this what they call 3D???) call reality....

The universe is inextricable..!

~love
Old 14-01-2024, 11:32 PM
Master
The mind definitely in its untangling, lends us to see the many streams of it where people have been stuck, not through their own creation, but someone deciding for them what it all means. Throughout the ages, people have lost their minds, been locked up, medicated or treated in ways that amplified things or numbed them off.

The fine line between insanity and psychotic episodes and spiritual processors, definitely can be seen as a bridge to cross, that many never cross or struggle to cross.

I’ve tasted those edges, but my process was to overcome and move through them.

So seeing myself in the way your describing and more, it definitely fits the picture..

Something to be very aware of, most definitely.

….these steps that often affect many on the spiritual path, who are shifting through, rather than developing an idea they are stuck and disjointed as an ongoing process.

I think for those unravelling it often has a turning point of balanced state that finds exactly what it needs to move through.

Sadly for those caught up in breakdowns it can be very difficult, especially when placed in the hands of others deciding for them.
Old 15-01-2024, 01:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Sadly for those caught up in breakdowns it can be very difficult, especially when placed in the hands of others deciding for them.

that was perhaps one of the most beautiful things, I found. By learning through that, and many other experiences, that is ok to let others decide even when I dont want them to because everything I knew was telling me it would be awful, I also learned, that many beautiful things can just happen even when everyone around me is screaming 'this is awful, don't let yourself do it!'.

I won't say coming to such conclusions isn't difficult though
Closed Thread