Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Is death predetermined?

Hello

Have not posted for a long time but last friday I lost my mother aged 71 to toxic megacolon, c diff infection and sepsis.

I know I am still in shock as she went in relatively ok, no pain in her bowels or anything and was in 3 weeks. Some of me is hurting because we did not have a great relationship...I have forgiven her and know she could not help a lot of what she was like.

What I am struggling with is the fact I am worried she went like this before her time...I am having a hard time accepting that something should have been done earlier and we would still have her. I worry she is angry about going (although she refused operation knowing she would die).

Is death pre-determined? Been to the church, to pray and reading the bible but nothing is making sense? My intuitive friend says she had premonitions about world catastrophies and has asked them to stop because she cant stop them..I dont see how a loving god selects these events for our purpose? All the suffering everywhere!!

Any help would be appreciated
Old 27-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Master
condolences for your loss and the pain and struggles you're enduring because of it.

hmmm all you'll get from questions like these are opinions, theories and beliefs because no One can really know for certain.

i'm of the opinion that time and method of death are random elements. it just happens when it does and how it does and it's a necessity since the planet would be REALLY crowded if nothing died while reproduction continued.

71 years is a respectable human life span. if i have my way i won't be living much past that. the body can become an uncomfortable and unwieldy spacesuit with ones consciousness trapped inside it unable to do stuff one wants to do. besides, by that time the inevitable is creeping up on one so why put it off with invasive medical procedures that cause pain, add little time and puts ones family in the poor house.

please try not to imagine that your mom is sitting somehwere in the afterlife being angry. instead try to see that physical life is temporary and the death of the body is a release from all the toils and turmoils into ... well ... the progressive continuation of the soul.
Old 27-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazziem
Hello

Have not posted for a long time but last friday I lost my mother aged 71 to toxic megacolon, c diff infection and sepsis.

I know I am still in shock as she went in relatively ok, no pain in her bowels or anything and was in 3 weeks. Some of me is hurting because we did not have a great relationship...I have forgiven her and know she could not help a lot of what she was like.

What I am struggling with is the fact I am worried she went like this before her time...I am having a hard time accepting that something should have been done earlier and we would still have her. I worry she is angry about going (although she refused operation knowing she would die).

Is death pre-determined? Been to the church, to pray and reading the bible but nothing is making sense? My intuitive friend says she had premonitions about world catastrophies and has asked them to stop because she cant stop them..I dont see how a loving god selects these events for our purpose? All the suffering everywhere!!

As IQ said all you will get with such a question are opinions and beliefs. No one knows for certain.
I will add that there is peace in not knowing or recognizing that we do not know.
Celebrate her life's work and her legacy.......that is tangible and eternal.
Blessings, James
Old 27-05-2011, 03:21 PM
AngelBreeze

Dear Kazziem, I am very sorry for the physical loss of your Mother. It is oftimes hard to try to understand why these things happen. Yet what we do know about this is that there is truly no death. "Death" is part of the cycle of life. When we are born we begin our life and the hourglass is inverted and starts emptying. It has been said that it is predetermined when we will pass on to the spirit dimension of God. People who have studied this matter through NDEs and other ways say that before conception we make an agreement with God of all the things we are coming to Earth to do and accomplish.

When we get here we go through many tests, trials, and tribulations as most everyone knows and has experienced. Life is not easy in this, the prime learning dimension. Indeed, we see that even children often pass away as well as babies. And while the inquiring minds continue to probe the "why" of things, there are always sound reasons for their early passing but the common mind cannot always sustain the "hit" of it most times and has a hard time dealing with the principles of life and passing.

One must learn to never blame God, however, for a person's passing or the trials that come with life. God creates all life and sustains it for the period that is pre-determined. He does allow a person to experience free will that He gave to them, so that they can choose which direction will best be of benefit to them and others concerned. That is why God does not always step in to stop illness and tragedies in the world. Otherwise, people would never learn for themselves the difference between that which is right and sound and that which is not. Longevity, while predetermined, can also be affected by circumstances one faces in life. But again, nothing happens by pure chance. All is predetermined so that you need not worry about your dear Mother's passing as something that you could have had better control over.

Many feel remorseful that way and it is perfectly normal especially when relationships have been less than amicable during their lifetime. But a person passes away at their appointed time, that we do know. We cannot live forever and while others have a longer life span, one thing is absolutely, unequivocally certain, and that is that we all must leave this world at our appointed time. And be they kings, queens, presidents, movie stars, extremely wealthy, etc. they all have to go when God is ready to receive them back home. Of that there is no escape as it is non-negotiable.

Therefore, what is strongly recommended is to pray for your Mom! Prayers greatly help those in the Afterlife and they are able to perceive prayers from those who send them. God receives prayers and it helps to elevate the person's soul and spirit into higher states of being since prayers are sent with Love. Therefore, remember those who have passed on with your Daily Prayers! They appreciate those prayers because it helps them, spiritually speaking. Prayers are communication with God thus, the words go up as light when we pray. Forgiveness is also a most important element to practice especially with a deceased one. It helps to free them from a state of confusion as to whether they are forgiven, thus, loved or not. When they realize that they have been forgiven they are able to rest freely and move on with their new mission in their new life. And remember that all your Mother has lost is her physical body (as we all must at some point in time.) She still has her own personality, memory, attributes, etc. as of the moment that she stepped into her Spiritual Body, which was immediately, at the moment of her transition and she is hurting no more.

So, my prayers are with you and your Mother. You remember her also in your Daily prayers! She is still with you, dear one. You have not lost her. Although she is now in a higher vibration she is still very much by your side and can see and hear you always! She is not suffering physically with illness anymore as there is no more suffering that way in God's Afterlife. You can still speak with your Mother just as if she was in physical body simply by speaking out loud or writing your thoughts down in the form of a letter and then reading them aloud to her. She will hear them and know what you are saying!

I send you a with many blessings that God will sustain you through your difficult time and beyond.

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an anti-Christ." -- II JOHN 1:7 (KJV)

"Jesus saith unto him, I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." -- JOHN 14:6 (KJV)
Old 27-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Master
Angel1

I am so sorry for your loss, kazziem. I lost my son (age 22) last year so am going through the grief stages as you are now. It is so hard to cope with, but with just a little help, you will see it through. I myself don't exactly pray for my son, but think to him, sometimes layingon the bed, reaching my hand up to 'hold' or to high-five him sometimes. There will be lots of 'processing' your feelings and emotions for a while. My mom passed in 1983 at age 63. I didn't think I was going to 'make it' her death was so impactful. But here I am in 2011, and you never know when it will start fading and almost disappear, the strong emotions one will go through, but it has for me and all that's left is a shell of pure love for her and appreciation of the good, and a smidgen of you coulda done this/that, lol. The question of death being predetermined hasn't entered into it for me about my mom, my son or anyone else. I can only hope that you will love and take care of yourself through this grieving process.

Old 28-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Coming2

I am also so sorry for your loss Kazz...my son has megacolon and I worry for his well being everyday. It hurts me so much to know how much pain he is in on a daily basis and he is only 12. I will definitely keep you and your mother in my prayers and my hope is that you can find peace knowing she is in a much happier place and free of the pain she was in.

Love and Light....
Old 28-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Administrator
Death at any age is a sad loss for the families involved,just remember the good points of your relationship with your mother.
when we loose someone close we all ask why they had to go at the time they did, your mother was a good age , you are going through the stages of grief,

Namaste
Old 28-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Lunacie

Quote:
Hello

I cannot believe that death is predetermined. How did it happen that nearly 150 people were destined to die on Sunday May 21st and were all living within a particular part of a city in Missouri? I can't believe in a god who would rip a baby from his mother's arms and kill him, leaving her and two other children to mourn him.

I believe it's all random, good things happen to us and bad things happen to us, whether we deserve any of it or not. Our spirituality is what comforts and supports us when we go through a loss like these. My mother died of cancer at age 70. My sister died of cancer at age 50. My ex-husband (father of my child) died of a heart attack at age 50. I don't believe any divine spirit was going down a list and saying, "Well, let's see who's coming home today."

You might benefit from finding a grief support group. Hospice sometimes offers those services, many churches offer them periodically. It's a natural human process that we all go through when we experience the loss of a loved one. This is very painful at first, but it becomes less painful with time and support.

(((kazziem))) Hugs and condolences to you

edited for typo and missing word
Old 28-05-2011, 06:04 PM
SerpentQueen

I do believe death is predetermined. That's not to say that we don't have some element of free will, which your mom exercised when she accepted her fate and refused the operation.

But I also believe in infinite parallel realities, which means that in some other timeline, your mother is still alive and well. That you are not experiencing those other realities, but this one instead... well, i can only assume there is very good reason. And the reason may not be clear to you until years and years pass, and you have perspective to be able to see how if, had she lived, your own destiny may have been affected.

Have you seen the movie Donnie Darko? He got a glimpse of what would happen if he lived, and then chose not to live. Out of love.

No death is ever meaningless. Losing a loved one always shapes us in some way. That includes the ones that seem random like the people who died in the tornado - perhaps they were souls willing to sacrifice in this timeline to bring attention to global warming. There's always a rhyme and a reason - it just isn't that clear until later, down the road, how it all fits together.

Out of chaos comes perfect order.
Old 30-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello

Your time and place of physical passing is not pre-determined. Often times those in the spirit world are just as surprised to see you, as you are to see them upon your unexpected transition.

I am quite aware there are beliefs which would have you believe this part of your life was planned, and that part of your life was planned, yet this is often something they have read in a book which sounded feasible to them at the time. But know just because someone has written a book about a subject, does not mean the content is accurate.

It is to say the course of events in your physical life are the result of the choices you make while creating such a life, and the choices and actions of others which impact and often have a hand in many events of your life. This pre-determined ideology denotes that some plan you once had in the spirit world before you were born cannot be thwarted by the free will of the human mind and ego, as well as the free will influences of others. This is in fact not in accordance with the true mechanics of cause and effect and the principle forces which govern the physical domain.

The physical life incarnation is but only one of a great many potentials for your soul to pursue, and has very little impact on your overall journey, which you have been taking for millions of years in the spirit world. If your soul were to pick, choose and plan every little thing in this fleeting physical experience how then would you be able to grow should you already know each and every outcome? Souls grow from participating in the unknown, in the unexpected, and in the spontaneous now moment, for it is within these opportunities that your character is best challenged and your unique gifts tested.

It is good for her to know you have forgiven her, as it is that you are to know she is sorry for not being able to be the mother you wanted, needed, her to be. There is no anger or resentment, only peace and acceptance.

-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸