Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiFool
The mistake you are making is thinking that happiness is something that happens to you, something external. Instead, you are happiness. Dissolve the duality and experience the joy which is your birthright.

This is it.

A friend of mine said, "You are what happiness is."

Xan

Old 24-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
In living the joy, are we denying ourselves the adversity that builds us and feeds our soul. In choosing only joy are we limiting our experience, blinkering ourselves in some way to the whole of experience and feeling ?

In choosing to surrender into joy, whatever challenges we need to continue our growing will come along... like it or not. We'll just face them from the source of happiness within ourselves.

Xan

Old 24-08-2012, 04:50 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

There is no need to "dissolve duality" to be truly happy and content, duality cannot be dissolved.. understand duality, it is the nature of existence, it is the source of happiness.. if you want to see an unhappy person, tell them to dissolve duality, it cannot be done.. what most people think is 'non-duality', is actually unity..

Be well..

PS: Unity can inspire boundless joy..
Old 24-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Master
I feel that happiness is a fleeting thing and there's no way to 'always be happy'. I have no theory or anything, but sometimes I'm happy and othertimes unhappy, and I think all people experience that.

Feelings come and go, always changing, that's very plain and simple, so I never expect continual happiness or sadness. Life has it's ups and downs, what can you do?
Old 24-08-2012, 05:12 AM
3dnow

"Happiness is a choice" is bad self-treatment. This implies that we look for depression, because we are a dark person.

It is not like that.

We let go fear and mind illusions slowly (because old soul habits fade out slowly) and find happiness. Mind illusions are not our fault, the whole planet is in the same situation.
Old 24-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Neville

Thinking a bit more... God and/or Creation is Bi polar anyway, Creating and trashing , Creating and trashing, Bright Suns and Event Horizons formed by collapsing Bright Stars, Warm Sunshine and ravaging Tornado's..(Insert your own preferred example of a naturally occurring dichotomy)

It makes sense then that we as children of Creation should naturally be happy and grumpy by turns.

Tally ho.
Old 24-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Experiencer
You can put me down in the 'happiness is a choice' camp. And for me it really did happen in just a single moment of choice. After reading information about the belief structures that create the reality we experience I seriously considered creating a core belief that was simply, "I am happy". No reasons for it, no justification necessary and really doing it just because it was my preference.

I didn't decide to create this belief immediately, took me about 5 minutes to weigh the pros and cons (of which there really aren't any ) and then Voila! a new happy version of me. Been enjoying life much more fully from that day to this. (and this was right in the middle of the teen 'angst' years that many experience, gone in a moment)

Being unreasonably happy doesn't mean to impose how I feel on someone else who is choosing to feel differently than I. All have a choice to be as they wish and all I wish to do is show an example of a possible way to live in case that is helpful for someone who 'wants' to be happy but doesn't know how or hasn't seen what that can really be like.

I also experience that the true essence of existence is happy and joyful just to BE, it actually takes work to move away from that central core vibration.

Love and Light
Old 24-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Neville

Thinking further... Is it Natural or "normal"(whatever normal is)..or even realistic, to not only want to be , but to choose or even expect to be happy all the time?
Old 24-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Dr.Truth

"Happiness" is just your internal response to how you feel about how your life is going at the moment.

Are things going well? Then you are happy.

Or are things going badly? Then I guarantee you are unhappy.
Old 24-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Thinking further... Is it Natural or "normal"(whatever normal is)..or even realistic, to not only want to be , but to choose or even expect to be happy all the time?

We could never be happy all the time if our happiness is based on conditions.
Only inherent happiness for-no-reason may be constant.
Like peace with-no-opposite, the infinite silent presence of Oneness, it's our awareness of it that fluctuates.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 24-08-2012 at 06:56 PM.