Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 16-07-2013, 08:55 PM
bazoulouc

How can some people fall in love so many times?

I liked several men, dated several, had some kind of connection with a few but I truly fell in love once. Maybe the way I see love is different from many. I don't undesrtand how some people can jump from one relationship to another and claim that it's love. To me, it's unrealistic to fall in love that many times. When love gets thrown around so many times, doesn't it lose its power and meaning? I believe that a lot of people confuse love with other emotions and end up settle down with people they think they love. Or they settle down with people they don't love but hope that love will grow with time. In reality, the only things that grow in the absence of love are misery and guilt. I get annoyed when people ask me why am I still single. I don't wake up everyday and meet someone of interest. If I ever want to be in a relationship with someone, I want to make sure it's someone that my heart chose. But it is so hard to find true love. I am afraid that I will be forever alone. But I think it's worse when people are in a relationship or marry someone they don't love. It's like their body is in the relationship but their heart is somewhere else. What do you guys think? Do you guys think I'm being picky about love or don't yall think that finding love is like finding Nemo?
Old 16-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Draenevyre

We are beings of love. Isn't it natural to want to express that love with someone we get close to?
Old 16-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Tara_Joy

With my experience love is never the same twice. That is why I don't really believe in 'true' love. 'True' Love is just the love you find that is the one you want to stick with.

I don't think there is anything wrong with loving many different people as opposed to loving only one. You learn something different from each type of love.
Old 16-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Master
When you truly realize love, you then love all for who they are, you see yourself in all because we are all one consciousness. Because of this realization you can have a relationship with anyone, the only difference is with the person you have the relationship with, is that you share their personality and you personality together, that is your story and their story and with this you both make your own story together.
Old 16-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
When you truly realize love, you then love all for who they are, you see yourself in all because we are all one consciousness. Because of this realization you can have a relationship with anyone, the only difference is with the person you have the relationship with, is that you share their personality and you personality together, that is your story and their story and with this you both make your own story together.
Love your extended metaphor, psychoslice!
As Draenevyre stated, we are love...and that love gets expressed in many different ways with all the people we come in contact with.
Old 17-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazoulouc
I don't undesrtand how some people can jump from one relationship to another and claim that it's love. To me, it's unrealistic to fall in love that many times. When love gets thrown around so many times, doesn't it lose its power and meaning?

Romantic love is a human experience, meaning that it's very individual. Just because you don't understand how somebody else can love more than one person, doesn't mean that it's not real.

Quote:
I believe that a lot of people confuse love with other emotions and end up settle down with people they think they love. Or they settle down with people they don't love but hope that love will grow with time. In reality, the only things that grow in the absence of love are misery and guilt.

For a lot of people, that might be the case-- but I would discourage shaming other people. Your reality is not the only reality. I would encourage examining how it affects you personally, rather than projecting judgment on other people's personal lives.

Quote:
I get annoyed when people ask me why am I still single. I don't wake up everyday and meet someone of interest. If I ever want to be in a relationship with someone, I want to make sure it's someone that my heart chose. But it is so hard to find true love. I am afraid that I will be forever alone. What do you guys think? Do you guys think I'm being picky about love or don't yall think that finding love is like finding Nemo?

I think that love has become a power struggle in this world: some people do say that it's love, but admit later that the relationship was for the sake of social status (and it took hindsight for them to realize it); some people wait for love, and get shamed by other people for having something wrong with them that they're still single (which is why some people would confuse love for social status); other people follow their heart and get shamed for being promiscuous (which is why some people would remain single rather than trust their heart).

There's a lot of shame and power-playing in this world, when it involves romantic love. There is little to no respect, anymore, for people's individual experience... and I propose that this might be what you suffer from: other people's judgments for something that you ought to be free to pursue in your own way?
Old 19-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazoulouc
I liked several men, dated several, had some kind of connection with a few but I truly fell in love once. Maybe the way I see love is different from many. I don't undesrtand how some people can jump from one relationship to another and claim that it's love. To me, it's unrealistic to fall in love that many times. When love gets thrown around so many times, doesn't it lose its power and meaning? I believe that a lot of people confuse love with other emotions and end up settle down with people they think they love. Or they settle down with people they don't love but hope that love will grow with time. In reality, the only things that grow in the absence of love are misery and guilt. I get annoyed when people ask me why am I still single. I don't wake up everyday and meet someone of interest. If I ever want to be in a relationship with someone, I want to make sure it's someone that my heart chose. But it is so hard to find true love. I am afraid that I will be forever alone. But I think it's worse when people are in a relationship or marry someone they don't love. It's like their body is in the relationship but their heart is somewhere else. What do you guys think? Do you guys think I'm being picky about love or don't yall think that finding love is like finding Nemo?

Funny, I've been asking myself this very same question for years. I don't understand so many of my friends who throw the term 'love' around so loosely. I believe there is a certain kind of deep love that can represent only those 1 or 2 very special people who have come (and maybe gone) in your life. Those people who claim to love every person they date, I think that they are infatuated and impatient, and just love the idea of being in love, but they don't know how to separate lust from real love. Love for me is a mutual respect for one another, honest communication and understanding, patience, and good intentions for the other person despite how you may 'feel'. Healthy relationships cannot survive on the decisions made based on feelings alone...logic must play an equal part. Are you being picky? Darn right you are, and you have every reason to be. 99% of the men you date will be losers by compatibility standards, and you deserve what's best for you and to not settle. Don't give up hope of ever finding this person, because there are plenty of winners out there in that 1% bracket. Trust me..you've got it right.
Old 20-07-2013, 01:56 AM
VivianZ

Well...even Nemo was found, wasnt he? :)
Old 20-07-2013, 06:47 AM
livingkarma

As a widow, I was a member of a few widow/er support groups; live in person as well as online ...
I often asked myself the same question about "falling in love" ...
Honestlly, how in the world can widow/ers start dating at 2 weeks out from their spouse's funeral &/or become pregnant at 2 months out from a one night stand or BIL (brother of deceased) or re-marry w/in 4 months ...
No one is or was immune to it; not rabbis, ministers, pastors or the wives of these religious leaders ...
Once the deed was done, they'd turn around to convince their followers it is God's will a new spouse should enter their life or encourage others to go find one like a heat seeking missle ..
For myself, it was not only a question of ethics/morals, it was about being completely overwhelmed w/physical pain & weakness, emotional & spiritual suffering ...
Yet, there continues to be many who profess undying love for their deceased at the same time stating they have room in their heart for a new love w/the strength of a charging bull to find someone-anyone to avoid grief work to heal themself ...
I referred to them as multi-taskers ...
My grief buddies use to say they should've just taken a date to the funeral ...
It might sound harsh, but the fact is that it made me, including my grief support buddies, physically ill (vomiting) to read about or be reminded of or tp be in their presence ...
It's true we all grieve differently --- it's the choices a person makes that separates us to make the overall difference ...
Like the majority of widow/ers, my functioning capabilites were only at 75% if that high at the magic number for dating of 3 years; most took the leap at that time since that is the goal they had been working toward ...
Not only did they jump ship before learning the purpose(s) & meaning of their deceased's "love of their life" death; they abdicated courage & betrayed their own faith in themself & spiritual/religous beliefs ...
That is a secondary major loss ...
The only grief book I ever read & it was trash was "I'm Grieving As Fast I Can"; it had one of many ****** suggestions including an excerpt I will share by a 30ish woman whose 2nd husband had also died---her conclusion to grief & both their deaths was to go out to find another husband ...

As you can surmise, it is not about love ...
It is about the loss of a SEX partner ...
And the power of fear that even momentary "aloneness" can produce when challenged briefly or sudden loneliness drives a person to become someone other than who they use to be spiritually ...
So don't ever believe all widow/ers have suffered the ultimate loss or appreciate love; they're like every other egotistical person around ...

Nemo & Dori had innocence & pure love as well the others ...
Bruce the Shark tried w/all his might to tame himself to not be a predator ...
People can too if they would only try ...
Old 20-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Deactivated Account

I think we are preconditioned to think we are suppose to love one person for the rest of our lives. What happends with every Disney fairy tale? We live happily ever after! What does the bible tell us? To love and obey our partner till death to us part. The truth is, we are loving beings and we are in this earth to give and receive love. As someone stated earlier, there are many kinds of love but never the same love twice.
Personally, I find it impossible to be in love with two people at the same time, now thats being greedy and selfish, but if it floats your boat, be my guest, to each their own lol