Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Cherub T

Thanks Cal, i hope i return to normal soon. I do suffer from depression a little and losing Snoopy fills me with loads of different emotions from guilt, confusion, anxiety, sadness, anger and also love.

I'm going to try and raise rabbit awareness at an animal event I'm helping out with. I think it's going to help me focus on the positive and perhaps even help other bunnies out there somehow. I feel if he can get a message to me in some way, it will help me settle more. I'll just have to be patient. I think of his good times as much as i can. Then it makes me sad that he's away. Time goes by so quickly, but i was so lucky to have him for the 8 years i did (being a rescue) I appreciate my pets so much for their time x
Old 11-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Cherub T

Today I went to collect Snoopy's ashes at the vet's, before i left there was a rainbow outside. It was at the bridge that you can see from the house. I thought about "rainbow bridge" and it gave me a bit of strength to go and collect the remains of Snoopy.

At the vets the woman who brought them through, nearly dropped the box. It was an accident, i suppose she felt bad. I thought i was going to cry but composed myself. Instead i left leaflets for the animal charity that i'm helping with for the 20th.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:58 PM
mahakali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
Snoopy is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos.

My cat Boomer has visited me in couple different ways. The most profound one was when I was having a meditation session with the intent of communicating with him the day after he passed. I did my normal relaxation routine, following the breath and releasing all tensions. Then he came to me in the form of a bright radiant light I recognized it as his presence/energy immediately. Hard to explain how...I just knew, a knowing/feeling/awareness that's hard to describe in words. He communicated with me using mental images and impressions rather than actual words.

Other times I spontaneously felt his presence in the house, standing or sitting in his favorite spots in the house. I acknowledge his presence by speaking to him and/or petting him.

I hope you can connect with Snoopy. Having gone through this many times over the years it seems to me as though our animal friends prefer us not to cry or show sorry for too long. They seem to want us to be happy and filled with love, as opposed to sorry and depression. Love and acceptance seems to help both parties with the transition.

Cal
wow cal that is really cool, i hope i can do the same for my willy i just want to know if he is ok. he went missing 3 days ago and someone said they saw a cat that fit the description ran over so im hoping to help him spiritually. ive been a mess ever sense this happened does anyone have any suggestions of how i can help him?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Cal

Hello Mahakali. I'm very sorry to hear that Willy might have passed unexpectedly. You and Willy are in my thoughts and prayers. Losing a loved one is never easy.

I believe that anyone can do what I did. We all have it in us. It may take a leap of faith depending on ones current beliefs, as well as unbending unconditional love and intent. Your imagination can help bridge the gap. Take a look at Sparrows posts in the common questions about life after death thread. There's some excellent information about pets too. They were very helpful in helping me re-member and apply.

Best Wishes,
Cal
Old 12-11-2010, 12:56 AM
day dreamer

My heart goes out to you xxxx
I am going though the same thing at the moment. I came on here to see if I could find an answer & yours was the first thread I saw

I lost my house rabbit in 2008. It broke my heart. I thought the pain would never go, but it did ease up after a long period of time. It does get easier. That is easy said though when you are going through the pain right now. The pain is horrible & I am going through it again now with Billyboy. I had rescued two beautiful rabbits 6 years ago that was left in a field in a tiny box. I have written on a couple of sites for prays for Billyboy. He was always the healthy one out of the two. Pepe his brother was ill from the start & always is on & off. So when Billyboy started to lose weight this week, I was shocked & took him straight to the vets. They did blood tests & was told last night that he only as around 3 weeks to live. He as kidney failure. I have cried so much, my eyes are sore. I hate this pain. It never seems to lift. I am now going to bring him inside with his brother so I can watch over him. The vet said he will slowly go down hill, but for now he is eating & seems OK in himself. I don't know how Pepe will be after Billyboy as gone. They have never been apart. They cannot stand being handled at all & that is down to the start they had.

I have been asking, why. I have started questioning if there is anything out there & then I have to stop myself & say, yes there is. But I keep losing my believe.

I wonder why animals suffer so much. They don't go out their way to do harm to you. They give us unconditional love at all times.

I hope you are feeling better in yourself. You & your wonderfuls buns are in my thoughts & my prays. Take care of yourself. xxxxxx
Old 12-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Knower
I hope you are doing ok Cherub. That was very cool that there was a rainbow you saw when you were picking up Snoopys remains. I am so sorry day dreamer no matter how many animals companions one has had through out their life seeing them leave this world regardless of how long they have lived never gets easier.

You have I am sure given Billy boy a good home this past 6 years and he has been well loved , just continue to love and care for him in the time he has left. Love dosent stop just because a being has crossed to the other side.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Cherub T

Hi Day Dreamer, please don't punish yourself, although i know i kept thinking "is there anything i could've done?" Snoopy lost a lot of weight too. He was eating, but got thinner. At first I thought it was old age, the vet thought he had a tumor.

I felt so lonely and in turmoil thinking about every avenue. What to do if this happened, or that happened?? I was up through the night checking and so on. Like you too, i wondered why do the animals need to suffer so? I called a friend and i was devastated feeling so alone. It took a week for her to text and ask how i was?? I explained that Snoopy was gone. I was so angry thinking about the times i was there for her when she was in need. Then i thought that she's never lost anyone and i started to wonder if somehow i had to go this alone? My faith got bashed a bit and i wondered about the beliefs that i held.

Then it made me realize that perhaps the way Snoopy departed was a lesson to me. Not that i know it just now. It's still raw for me. I wondered if this makes me think differently about certain things. Are so many things important? Also I've thought about a few people and how they've treated me. I'm passed angry though. I feel that perhaps this was needed to see who actually was there for me. I'm so filled with gratitude for the time that everyone took on here to reply to me. I know at certain times i just repeated things. It felt good to talk about what was happening.

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me or post here.

Thoughts are with you x
Old 12-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Cherub T

Hi Nepesh, yeah i feel the rainbow and the bridge together was a sign that even though i was away to collect his ashes, he was letting me know that he's ok. I hope so! sometimes i doubt my feelings and senses. I think i'm needing to have more faith so i can develop. Perhaps Snoopy's going to help. x
Old 12-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Knower
It very well could be when my dog passed thats what made me start looking more into Spirituality/afterlife. Even though they were things I'd believed in prior to that I had not really given them much thought until she crossed over.
Old 13-11-2010, 04:43 PM
LightFilledHeart

Cherub and Nepesh,

I believe our companion animals are high spiritual teaching masters, masquerading in humble fursuits. They open us to so much growth and learning! And they do it with humility, with deep love and devotion, and with immense joy. Their trusting faith examples the attitude we hope to cultivate on our own spiritual journey, and they do it without strain or effort. We are very blessed to have such amazing teachers in our lives. Honor them always!