Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 23-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorcow
Be natural,take life in your stride.

Being spiritual does not mean turning people anyway from you. Spirituality is a personal thing. If I meet a disbeliever, I just smile, change the topic and get on with life.

Agreed. Being spiritual doesn't mean talking about being spiritual or beliefs unless the subject crops up. To me being spiritual (without considering the overall quest) is about living up to my principles. Once they were higher principles because truth told it gradually dawned how I didn't live up to them so I had to shed the delusions. That's left whatever I am as a wysiwyg thing. On dating, rather than pretend I like what the candidate thinks or believes I just appreciate him for what he thinks he is. I may not like it - and he may not like my ways in which case it's carried no further. On early dates I try to be as honest as diplomacy allows rather than dress my window with something I'm not. If the subject of spirituality crops up, like I'm put on the spot, I'm happy to talk and if it isn't acceptable or there's contention, too bad. Music is more likely to be contentious.
Old 14-12-2018, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidHippie
So a lot of people can’t tell I’m a spiritual person because I’ve learnt to mask my spiritual side. Mainly because of some hurtful comments about my spiritual beliefs/hopes and dreams from my dad. So I act like I have no hopes and dreams or spirituality. That makes skeptics and atheists attracted to me. I seem like a logical person who shares their lack of belief in the supernatural. I’m fine having friendships with skeptics and atheists, but I’m not sure I’d want to date them. I’m into music and I feel weird about dating someone deaf because they can’t enjoy music with me. I feel the same about spirituality and skeptics. I also don’t like it when people mock my beliefs. I’m not even sure how important spirituality is in my life to begin with. So I don’t really know how visibly spiritual I should act. Constantly talking about chakras, reiki, god and the law of attraction would be just as fake as acting unspiritual. I even mentioned that I enjoy doing reiki on a dating profile, but that didn’t seem to deter atheist types.
My mum is coming over in a few days and I am dreading it..and I really don't like "dreading things" because that is not who I am, but I cannot be myself in front of her, I can't express my spirituality without copping an earful of judgmental disapproval and I basically have to adjust my whole lifestyle to keep her quiet.

All day, I have been listening to Abraham Hicks about it and that wasn't helping, so I decided to take it into meditation with me and I reached an understanding of these situations.

As unfortunate as it is, many have a very low threshold for offence and are deeply offended by very simple things that wouldn't bother other people, or some may find very positive or uplifting...but they are deeply offended and feel hurt and overwhelmed by those same things, so instead of admitting that, they project it onto others.

Now, it is a habit of mine to listen to affirmations, mantras and motivational speeches while I am driving my car...but whenever my mother gets in the car and I have them playing in the background, even though I fully interact with her, she's like "why do you listen to this rubbish?" which makes me feel upset.

The problem is, that she finds positive affirmations and motivational guidance highly offensive to her...she cannot stand it and I am making HER upset and agitated by playing it because she has a very heavy negative energy parasite...and so, I understood that "why do you listen to this rubbish?" SHOULD be "I would appreciate it very much if you wouldn't listen to this while I am in the car".

The same thing when I watch my forbidden history documentaries, read spiritual books...and heaven FORBID I talk about God...I learned that was a "no no" about 40 years ago because she just couldn't cope or deal with any of that because of some serious trauma about religion/spirituality that SHE must have endured in the past, but it is too painful to talk about, so whatever I am doing, is bringing that up for her and giving her immense anxiety.

So, we basically learn that there are some we can be open and honest with, but for others, we have to keep our spirituality "in the closet" for THEIR good.
Hiding it from them...doing it "behind their backs" because that cannot exist in the same environment as them, because it tears them up inside.

It is good in a way, because I get to have a "secret, romantic rendezvous' with God at like 4am when everyone else is fast asleep...which makes the whole experience more sweeter.
Old 14-12-2018, 10:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidHippie
I’m fine dating someone who has no opinion on spirituality. I just attract people who are actively disbelieving in spirituality. Why?
Maybe it's the context in which you live and act...?

I'm thinking of the people you meet on a regular basis, the type of neighbourhood or region you live in, the type of people you date (education, affluence). Atheists, traditional religious people, non-religious spiritual people.. they're all more likely to be in specific places and contexts, generally. You can tell quite a bit about people by just observing the environment they live in..

I think it's best to be true to yourself or you will continue to attract people that aren't a good match. May work okay with friends, as you say, but for a partner I think it's more satisfying if you're somewhere along the same lines. Friends you can skip for a while and it can be a more superficial relationship not concerning itself with spirituality (many of us have hobbies/interests outside of it). Alternatively, you may find a partner who isn't into spirituality but may grow into it.
Old 14-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
My mum is coming over in a few days and I am dreading it..and I really don't like "dreading things" because that is not who I am, but I cannot be myself in front of her, I can't express my spirituality without copping an earful of judgmental disapproval and I basically have to adjust my whole lifestyle to keep her quiet.

All day, I have been listening to Abraham Hicks about it and that wasn't helping, so I decided to take it into meditation with me and I reached an understanding of these situations.

As unfortunate as it is, many have a very low threshold for offence and are deeply offended by very simple things that wouldn't bother other people, or some may find very positive or uplifting...but they are deeply offended and feel hurt and overwhelmed by those same things, so instead of admitting that, they project it onto others.

Now, it is a habit of mine to listen to affirmations, mantras and motivational speeches while I am driving my car...but whenever my mother gets in the car and I have them playing in the background, even though I fully interact with her, she's like "why do you listen to this rubbish?" which makes me feel upset.

The problem is, that she finds positive affirmations and motivational guidance highly offensive to her...she cannot stand it and I am making HER upset and agitated by playing it because she has a very heavy negative energy parasite...and so, I understood that "why do you listen to this rubbish?" SHOULD be "I would appreciate it very much if you wouldn't listen to this while I am in the car".

The same thing when I watch my forbidden history documentaries, read spiritual books...and heaven FORBID I talk about God...I learned that was a "no no" about 40 years ago because she just couldn't cope or deal with any of that because of some serious trauma about religion/spirituality that SHE must have endured in the past, but it is too painful to talk about, so whatever I am doing, is bringing that up for her and giving her immense anxiety.

So, we basically learn that there are some we can be open and honest with, but for others, we have to keep our spirituality "in the closet" for THEIR good.
Hiding it from them...doing it "behind their backs" because that cannot exist in the same environment as them, because it tears them up inside.

It is good in a way, because I get to have a "secret, romantic rendezvous' with God at like 4am when everyone else is fast asleep...which makes the whole experience more sweeter.

Does it really matter if you have to keep your spiritual ways to yourself for another small part of your "ETERNAL LIFE" while your mother is at your home.

REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHERS BELIEVE, i say that your parents chose to create YOU, giving YOU eternal life...it is thanks to your parents that you exist eternaly...that YOU can live an eternal life, full of abundance once you are finaly liberated from the flesh, and YOU will be able to live that long eternal life of ABUNDANCE anyway YOU choose to, and it is all because of your parents desire to create YOU. WITHOUT THEM YOU WOULD NOT EXIST....WITHOUT THEM YOU WOULD NOT HAVE AN AWESOME SALLUBRIOUS LIFE AHEAD OF YOU SOON.

All spiritual mantras, spiritual meditations, all spiritual relaxation methods, spiritual etc's etc's are all built into your consciousness in the form of SMILING....smiling changes a persons way of being.

smiling about how YOU, are aware of YOUR very own spirituality, and Your eternal spiritual life of abundance, overcomes all external unloving hindrances from others.

While your mother is in YOUR car, YOUR home YOUR whatever, overcome it with YOUR in built spirituality.
YOU BELIEVE that you are well informed spiritualy, and that you, can raise your spiritual love energies easily...so you should do it and hold it...
I do, and it is a simple spiritual task to accomplish, especially for people that from time to time say that they have spiritual knowledge and abilities.

I am aware, that i have an awesome life of abundance ahead of me soon, in the very SALLUBRIOUS spiritual summerlands. BUT i have aging parents, and although i am aware that i can sever the spiritual tether between myself and the flesh ANY TIME THAT I CHOOSE, AND RELOCATE AND LIVE IN FREE SALLUBRIOUS ABUNDACE IN THE SPIRITUAL SUMMERLANDS, i have decided to postpone my entry into those very SALLUBRIOUS spiritual lands, untill my folks are not needing my assistance any longer.

And all the while, i have to endure moment to moment, very unloving attacks on every part of my being, from very nasty dark spiritual beings, and i can not take time out from them as you can occasionally, from your mother....how fortunate YOU are.
All i can do is SMILE and bare it, every moment of my days and nights and even in my dreams they attack and hinder.

Shivani...think about it, without them you would not..."BE"..period...and what about if your folks are actually not able to stop treating you unlovingly.
BECAUSE JUST maybe, they are being influenced by dark beings that YOU can not detect, just as YOU yourself, have before stated that you are regularly attacked and or influenced by dark entities.

So maybe you could recognize this possible fact, and act spiritually LOVING towards your mother and or family....SMILING AS MUCH AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN.

JUST THINK OF THE WORDS ONCE SAID BY A CERTAIN SALLUBRIOUS PERSON...""FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO""....

AND THAT IS THE ONE AND TRUE MEANING FOR THIS SAYING.
THE EARTHLINGS THAT WERE SLOWLY TORTURING JESUS, WERE NOT AWARE OF THE DARK ENTITIES, THAT WERE ATTACHED TO THEM.

I can sence and realize that my folks are heavily influenced and attacked by dark beings, and i act LOVINGLY, and give them as much love as i can muster, and even as they completely do not believe in anything spiritual, even while i am feeling the pain and influence constantly from UNLOVING BEINGS, i give them all of the LOVE i can.

Shivani..regards from Neil...SMILES
Old 14-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Master
Dear Neil, it HAS occurred to me that my parents are being influenced and controlled by dark, evil beings who are trying to get to me through them, and while my mother gave me physical birth, it is God who gave me my eternal life...and no, it wouldn't hurt me whatsoever to relegate my spiritual practice to seclusion, just saying my prayers before bed and upon waking until the end of the year...not...one..BIT.

I guess this just brings back bad memories of a traumatic childhood, where this went on for many YEARS and not just two weeks and THAT is the issue here...but that is gone, it has passed...I should forget it...and I would have rather NOT been born...but yeah, I will try and smile more, you're right there.
Old 14-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Dear Neil, it HAS occurred to me that my parents are being influenced and controlled by dark, evil beings who are trying to get to me through them, and while my mother gave me physical birth, it is God who gave me my eternal life...and no, it wouldn't hurt me whatsoever to relegate my spiritual practice to seclusion, just saying my prayers before bed and upon waking until the end of the year...not...one..BIT.

I guess this just brings back bad memories of a traumatic childhood, where this went on for many YEARS and not just two weeks and THAT is the issue here...but that is gone, it has passed...I should forget it...and I would have rather NOT been born...but yeah, I will try and smile more, you're right there.

Shivani...you say that god created you. "And" that he did.
But just maybe god only created a blank soul entity, "and" the potentiality for that blank soul to be drawn into play for the "VERY FIRST TIME" and to receive an identity, that will for eternity be known as ""YOU"" because of the desire of your parents to create offspring, IN THEIR VERY ESSENCE.

I mean if i understand you correctly, you are saying god created you before your folks created you...but for you or i to exist before our folks created us, we would have to have an identity/personality, to know a life with god before earth...but i thought our folks created our identity for us, so that would make two identities, wouldn't it.

Anyway just maybe, god may have created THE BLANK SOUL, in an even more SPECIAL way than you know of.
Just maybe, that at your conception, the original blank soul that i speak of, housed equal portions of female & male characteristics...(A WHOLE SOUL). and at your conception, the identity'less, "female portion" that will be blue printed with your genetics/dna, is seperated from the male other half, and then the male other half unknowingly awaits to be drawn upon & given a male identity as well, by another couple who also have a desire to create offspring in their very essence.

and.."JUST MAYBE"...this male other half/portion of the once whole soul (YING/YANG), becomes your true soul mate which you will only meet at some point in the future...probably after you are liberated from the flesh.

You know there can be other reasons why people have memories/visions of previous lives and or memories of life between lives.

BUT THAT IS ANOTHER EXTENSIVE SUBJECT OF IT'S OWN, WHICH IF TOLD BY ME, AND READ BY ANY PERSON WHO HAVE HAD SUCH MEMORIES OF PREVIOUS LIVES, "WELL" THEY WOULD STRENUOUSLY DENY AND CALL IT ERRONEOUS...SMILES.

BUT TIME WILL EVENTUALLY BARE THE TRUTH.

Anyway Shivani/Or Dianne isn't it, or maybe my memory does not serve me correctly ...the above is just for considerations & or meditations.
REGARDS Neil.

Ps...it is hard to smile when you are in pain, to change a way of negative thought, but if you are being brought down by a fellow earthlings negativity...i find it so much easier, when i discretely ignore their negativity, with thoughts of my most SALLUBRIOUS future home in the "holy kingdom"

Sometimes we have to discretely ignore some persons...WITHOUT ANY UNLOVING JUDGEMENT....because as you know, sometimes you can not get through to them about the way they negatively unlovingly treat us.
ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE TRUELY RELIANT ON US, WE CAN NOT JUST WALK AWAY, AFTER WE TRY TO BE HEARD.
Old 14-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Shivani...you say that god created you. "And" that he did.
But just maybe god only created a blank soul entity, "and" the potentiality for that blank soul to be drawn into play for the "VERY FIRST TIME" and to receive an identity, that will for eternity be known as ""YOU"" because of the desire of your parents to create offspring, IN THEIR VERY ESSENCE.

I mean if i understand you correctly, you are saying god created you before your folks created you...but for you or i to exist before our folks created us, we would have to have an identity/personality, to know a life with god before earth...but i thought our folks created our identity for us, so that would make two identities, wouldn't it.

Anyway just maybe, god may have created THE BLANK SOUL, in an even more SPECIAL way than you know of.
Just maybe, that at your conception, the original blank soul that i speak of, housed equal portions of female & male characteristics...(A WHOLE SOUL). and at your conception, the identity'less, "female portion" that will be blue printed with your genetics/dna, is seperated from the male other half, and then the male other half unknowingly awaits to be drawn upon & given a male identity as well, by another couple who also have a desire to create offspring in their very essence.

and.."JUST MAYBE"...this male other half/portion of the once whole soul (YING/YANG), becomes your true soul mate which you will only meet at some point in the future...probably after you are liberated from the flesh.

You know there can be other reasons why people have memories/visions of previous lives and or memories of life between lives.

BUT THAT IS ANOTHER EXTENSIVE SUBJECT OF IT'S OWN, WHICH IF TOLD BY ME, AND READ BY ANY PERSON WHO HAVE HAD SUCH MEMORIES OF PREVIOUS LIVES, "WELL" THEY WOULD STRENUOUSLY DENY AND CALL IT ERRONEOUS...SMILES.

BUT TIME WILL EVENTUALLY BARE THE TRUTH.

Anyway Shivani/Or Dianne isn't it, or maybe my memory does not serve me correctly ...the above is just for considerations & or meditations.
REGARDS Neil.
You are indeed VERY perceptive, my dear friend.
You are totally correct in every conceivable way.
Old 14-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Master

Quote:
You are indeed VERY perceptive, my dear friend.
You are totally correct in every conceivable way.

I added onto my last post,
Old 14-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
I added onto my last post,
I just noticed your edit and I fully agree with that too!

I shall reunite with the Yang to my Yin after this blank soul leaves this physical body (and the association with pain) when the ego fully dissolves, so why should I bother about this small inconvenience?

Coz, you know that just MAYBE it is my Yang who is testing me through mother, and not any "dark entity"...So, instead of saying "forgive them, Father"
I should say "I see what you are doing there my beloved...had me fooled for the past 50 years, didn't you?"
Old 14-12-2018, 03:42 PM
Master

Quote:
I just noticed your edit and I fully agree with that too!

I shall reunite with the Yang to my Yin after this blank soul leaves this physical body (and the association with pain) when the ego fully dissolves, so why should I bother about this small inconvenience?

Coz, you know that just MAYBE it is my Yang who is testing me through mother, and not any "dark entity"...So, instead of saying "forgive them, Father"
I should say "I see what you are doing there my beloved...had me fooled for the past 50 years, didn't you?"

Mmm...not my beliefs, BUT "if" it were your yang..(which i doubt..smiles OK)... THEN your yang is in a very poor soul state of the being.

Because, anything that causes grief in another, is against "Gods Way Of Love".

And all acts/thoughts, which are inharmonious With Gods loving way, attracts the negative influences of the great law of "REAP AS YOU SOW"

And smile..your "YANG" should desist forthwith for your peace of mind and for the sake of "YANGS" good health...SMILES AGAIN OF COURSE.

AND OF COURSE...SAY FORGIVE THEM FATHER, FOR...ETC ETC ETC...
AND YANG SHOULD PROBABLY SAY 100 HAIL MARY'S...SMILE AGAIN OF COURSE.