Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Master

How to increase ones Lifeforce through meditation?

Hi there ,

Is it possible to increase ones Lifeforce with the aid of meditation? If it is, what could be the method or technique?
And does an increase of Lifeforce also makes ones immune system stronger?

Any thoughts or views?
Thanks.
Old 23-02-2015, 06:40 AM
Ivy

I don't know what you are calling life force. However, any form of meditation improves the immune system as you are relaxing. If you incorporate into a holistic healthy lifestyle by eating the right foods, keeping hydrated and exercising too, then your immune system should improve. Chi gong (tai chi) is a moving meditation that uses chi for general health and well being, however, you've dismissed this on another thread, so it may not be right for you for whatever reason.
Old 23-02-2015, 06:54 AM
wanderlusterer

Theres a technique where you visualise a fire at core of your body around your navel being bellowed to a large flame as you breathe in, and feel it compress and concentrate as you breathe out. Over many breaths the flame should grow larger and larger until it fill and expands around the body.

There is also another one where sitting in a japanese kneeling position (as it is easier), you would inhale deeply and fill your lungs over five seconds, hold the breath for 5 seconds, exhale completely over 5 seconds, and hold the breath for another 5 seconds.

I dont consistently practise either one so I wouldnt be able to tell you what the results are, but I hope that helps :) I think the second one is more of a training to increase lung capacity/efficiency
Old 23-02-2015, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Hi there ,

Is it possible to increase ones Lifeforce with the aid of meditation? If it is, what could be the method or technique?

Any thoughts or views?
Thanks.

I think body awareness is pretty much it... but a more hoistic approach to mind/body/spirit is best, so yoga or tai chi might incorporate all of it if you can find a good instructor, then its diet and housing and positive environment, and in the end, a balanced life is the ticket.
Old 23-02-2015, 08:06 AM
Master

Thanks for all the replies.
With Lifeforce I mean the quantity of energy one can feel inside their being.
I used to shower with warm water only, but lately I found out that finishing showering with cold water is also beneficial to the immune sytem.
Old 23-02-2015, 09:42 AM
wanderlusterer

Quote:
I used to shower with warm water only, but lately I found out that finishing showering with cold water is also beneficial to the immune sytem.

I learnt from Frank Yang, hes a bodybuilder philosopher and he said when he was working on developing his nervous system, after very heavy workouts he would turn the water to maximum heat and let it run down his spine from the base of his skull, then after a short while turn it to the coldest possible and let it continue flowing, alternating every 30 seconds or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm--RQ9M_Vo

Please forgive his eccentric personality though :)
Old 23-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi there ,

Any thoughts or views?
Thanks.

By lifeforce I suppose you mean prana or chi.

If so, the very practice of meditation or mindfulness increases prana or lifeforce in itself.

Many meditators had experienced a surge in energy, which resulted in removal of diseases and better health.

The increased lifeforce or prana also creates a stronger immune system as well.

Most diseases are psychosomatic in origin, due to unnecessary thinking and worrying and resultant mental disorders. The proper practice of meditation helps to eliminate this .

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 23-02-2015, 04:08 PM
TaoSandwich

Quote:
Hi there ,

Any thoughts or views?
Thanks.

Serrao,

From my experience: meditate as if there is no such thing as "lifeforce". That way, sensations of "lifeforce" will not fool you into imbalancing your actual lifeforce.

-TaoSandwich
Old 23-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Knower
Breathing exercises known as pranayama will help with this, yes it will make your immune system stronger however this is just one of the many benefits.
Old 24-02-2015, 12:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
However, any form of meditation improves the immune system as you are relaxing.
We all have busy lifes nowadays, so one cannot meditate all day. Also, the most of the day has a certain degree of stress. Is approximately 1 hour of daily sitting meditation enough to maintain a sufficient immune system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
If you incorporate into a holistic healthy lifestyle by eating the right foods, keeping hydrated and exercising too, then your immune system should improve.
I know that right food and physical exercise is beneficial to the immune system but I'm looking for meditation techniques focused solely on increasing Lifeforce and the immune system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
Chi gong (tai chi) is a moving meditation that uses chi for general health and well being,
Is this because of a better flow of energy in ones being, caused by these practices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
However, you've dismissed this on another thread, so it may not be right for you for whatever reason.
Maybe I should take some classes.