Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 09-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuly
I am kind of hoping that horror movies made crows and other black birds a bad omen and that in reality it is not true.

The other day I was asking for a sign that everything will be ok (really difficult time for me). I was out most of the days and all I've been seeing were crows and some other black birds(don't know the name). I was more hoping for a nice cloud shape or white feather or something ( I kept my mind and heart open for other possible signs as well). I got nothing :(

So,what is your opinion on dark birds?
Hi, azuly. Being Raven clan myself (Raven is my spirit family according to my Indigenous traditions), I am sad whenever I see dark birds get a bad rap. Personally, I think it's just a certain culture's negative view based on folklore - these beliefs that black/dark birds are bad omens.

Raven and Crow have beautiful magical powers that are used to cleanse the earth and to help others. They represent the ability to navigate between two worlds - the physical and the spiritual worlds. There are some "trickster" teachings associated with them - playfulness and playing tricks on people, but again not to harm but to facilitate teachings.

Remember, darkness and lightness make up a whole - both are necessary.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
What Do You Do When You See a Magpie?

Do you greet him
and wish him Good Day

Yes indeed, I have always done that , but then my Grand Parents and doubtlessly their ancestors did it too, Some traditions certainly seem to stick.
Old 14-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Master
Azula--

HAD to share this with you after our crow/raven conversations. Check out this crow snowboarding with a mayonnaise lid. He is tenacious too!

http://loiter.co/v/a-crow-does-tobog...ayonnaise-lid/

Lora
Old 04-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Pathfinder

If you can, Sit and listen to the song of the birds. The Blackbirds song is so beautiful, always happy and they are always there with you when they get to know you.
From my past experience with crows and the raven is that they mean strength and that you are being watched over. Even though you may have a tough time, they are there looking over you.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:42 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Azuly:

Quote:
I am kind of hoping that horror movies made crows and other black birds a bad omen and that in reality it is not true.

The other day I was asking for a sign that everything will be ok (really difficult time for me). I was out most of the days and all I've been seeing were crows and some other black birds(don't know the name). I was more hoping for a nice cloud shape or white feather or something ( I kept my mind and heart open for other possible signs as well). I got nothing :(

"Remember that all birds have qualities in common. Most fly and (thus) are often messengers--between realms, people, and even states of being.

It is difficult to label and define the powers and qualities of any single bird. We can--however--(by studying their behaviors, qualities, and habitats) discover their meaning for ourselves and you can begin by asking yourself important questions like;

*What were you doing--or thinking--at the time of the encounter?

*What has been most on your mind for the 24 hours prior to the encounter?"

"AnimalWise" by Ted Andrews

It is generally accepted by many Cultures and Religions that Birds (especially when you encounter the same Bird--repeatedly) are Divine Messengers who relay information back and forth--between the different Planes of Existence.

I have chosen two famous Black Birds from the "Animal Spirits Knowledge Cards" and I would like to share their meanings with you (now);

"The Crow

Symbolism: renewal, transformation, magic, abundance.

Like the Raven (with whom it is often compared) the Crow wields powerful magic. In Native American beliefs--the Crow restores order to the heavens.

A belief common among the Sioux Nation links the Crow to abundance and prosperity. One legend tells of a White Crow that warns the Buffalo every time hunters approach--which leads to hunger and starvation. The White Crow is (eventually) captured by the Hunters--then thrown into the fire.

However--if he escapes (before being completely burned) then he is only blackened by the fire and black becomes his permanent color.

As the Crow flees--he promises never to warn the Buffalo (again).

The Crow is (thus) likened unto the Phoenix (as well) and serves as an omen of powerful transformation--where the old is burned away and new is created from the ashes. A change that promises to bring renewal and abundance and is (therefore) for the betterment of all concerned."

"The Raven

Symbolism: creation, magic, illumination.

The Raven is frequently associated with powerful magic and omens.

Its symbolism parallels that of the coyote and the rabbit in some Native American Cultures and is (often) worshiped as a Deity.

The Haida and Tlingit Peoples of western Canada and Alaska--revered the Raven as a hero and helper of human beings. A role that is made evident by the Raven's prominent position in the Totems of the northwest.

The Raven is believed to have placed the Sun, Moon, and Stars in the Sky--bringing light to the people--both day and night."

(IMHO) it would be safe to say that the Black Bird is your Guardian and Guide through the transformative periods of your life and will shine a light in the darkness--making certain that you (always) find your way.

Peace and Love on your path to Discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Yes indeed, I have always done that , but then my Grand Parents and doubtlessly their ancestors did it too, Some traditions certainly seem to stick.

No - I look for the other, two for joy!
Old 22-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Crow and raven are talkative in their nature. Follow your intuition with these amazing birds. If you begin to hear or experience them in a special way then open yourself up to them. You'll often find they are more aware of your presence than you are aware of theirs. And if you're lucky you will realize that they've always been talking to you and about you, you just haven't believed its possible to listen. Crow and raven are powerful guides that WILL transform you if follow their teachings.

-MrKrow
Old 22-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Gracey

just yesterday i went out to get the mail and i heard them calling. i looked up to the tops of the trees were they were, they stopped calling. i said hi and went back inside. they are always around my house and the past few houses i have lived in. they are pretty amazing birds.
Old 23-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator
Corvids (crows, Ravens, etc) are most highly intelligent birds.

I listen to birds and observe them a lot. There are many crows where I live. I have observed a strange phenomenon....
I saw a crow flying over one day, making a noise like a pig! Another crow joined it and answered it, and they flew off together. I walked on a little way and suddenly saw pigs fenced in in a corner of a field, where they had never been before.
OK....that was strange. Maybe a co incidence.
Then one day I heard a sound like barking from the air. I looked up and saw a crow making a sound like a dog, again to another crow -like conversation! I walked on, along the bendy winding lane, and a little way further on (the direction from which the crow had flown) there was woman walking 2 dogs. It is usually deserted there.
I heard it again from the crows, regarding the unusual bark of a fox. That happened at twilight. I didn't see a fox, that time, but I am pretty sure there was one about, in the direction from which the crow had flown. I am learning to listen to the crows now.
Old 23-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Master
Quote:

azuly - Thought this website might be of interest to you and may give you some insight into the family of black birds, including crows and ravens...

http://mara-gamiel.blogspot.com/2009...symbolism.html

Blackraven