Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 10-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Experiencer
Black magic

Have you seen evidence that you unleashed the power of black magic. Does it always involve evil spirits?
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 AM
Master
'Black Magic' does not require any spirits. Some 'black magic' involves spirits as does some 'white magic' (as does some but not all Wicca).

This is the 'Wicca' forum so not the right place to ask about 'black magic'.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:31 AM
Master

Magic does not have a colour. It's the same power/energy whether you use it to heal or to curse.

I know execration magic is often called "black" magic to differentiate it from the healing, positive kind, but really it's a misnomer.

The only way I would see evidence that I had "unleashed" the kind of magic you're talking about is if I had worked that kind of magic to affect my target.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
This is the 'Wicca' forum so not the right place to ask about 'black magic'.

Contrary to popular belief, wstein, Wiccans are quite capable of performing so-called 'black' magic. I'm talking about the earlier, older Wiccans or those trained in the Gardnerian, Alexandrian etc. etc. trads, not the new-age neo-wiccans.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:27 AM
Lepus

Hello Jenny Crow,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Contrary to popular belief, wstein, Wiccans are quite capable of performing so-called 'black' magic. I'm talking about the earlier, older Wiccans or those trained in the Gardnerian, Alexandrian etc. etc. trads, not the new-age neo-wiccans.

When do you find it essential to use 'black' magic?

I, also, don't view neither black or white in magic. It's all about intention.

Lepus
Old 12-04-2016, 03:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello Jenny Crow,
When do you find it essential to use 'black' magic?
Lepus

If someone is harming my family, pets and animals. I will try looking after things on the physical plane first, of course, but if that doesn't work I'll do what it takes to stop them.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:31 AM
Lepus

Hello Jenny Crow,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
If someone is harming my family, pets and animals. I will try looking after things on the physical plane first, of course, but if that doesn't work I'll do what it takes to stop them.

Good news, I'm ordering this book "The Black Toad West Country Witchcraft and Magic" this Friday. I'm still waiting for "Traditional Witchcraft: A Cornish Book of Ways" that I ordered last week on Friday.

Lepus
Old 11-04-2016, 05:37 AM
Seeker
There's no such thing as black magic, just magic. What matters is the intent of the person invoking it.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fae Rei
There's no such thing as black magic, just magic. What matters is the intent of the person invoking it.

That, I think, explains it very well.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Lorelyen

Black magick seems to exist as a stereotype thanks to religions that had to portray it as bad. As (most) religions lose their power a realisation emerges that many currents/cults/paths that were formerly designated black magick are in fact just magick or uncoloured spiritual paths, having nothing necessarily to do with bad or evil.

My own experience with sorcery in younger years had an effect on me rather similar to Jenny Crow's. As for sorcery itself it helped me understand a great deal about the dark side, my own and that of the universe (hence relationship to it). One works...whether the intent is good or bad is always just a viewpoint