Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 17-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Master
Biological Determinism is a waste of time.. it ignores the unique capacity of human beings to make changes and go against ''natural'' perceived norms. I've seen people justify domestic abuse and absurd levels of poverty in the name of ''nature''. And on here, you can see it every day.. ''We can kill and eat animals therefore we should''. It's the sort of rubbish non-argument that in any civilized discussion isn't seen as an ''argument''. It's would be rightly classified as a naturalistic fallacy..

Yes, humans are technically 'omnivores', and yes, it has helped us.. but that by itself are not sole determinants of human behaviour and actions. People who justify meat eating ''because of nature'' or ''animals do it too!'' should apply their logic in all facets of life.. perhaps it is better if they simply go live in the wilds and stop using modern technology and medicine because, by their own logic, it makes them hypocrites going ''against nature''...
Old 17-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
The change into more empaphy and spiritual awareness is taking place, how ever much you fight against it

You can have all the empathy and spiritual awareness you want and that does not change the fact that we are biologically an omnivore.

And again....I'm not telling you or anyone else to NOT be a vegan....if you are happy with it and do well on such a diet....good for you!...and I really mean that!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 17-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
You can have all the empathy and spiritual awareness you want and that does not change the fact that we are biologically an omnivore.

This guy never gives up, it must be the hunter in him, never happy until the next kill
in places where others do not.
Old 17-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
This guy never gives up, it must be the hunter in him, never happy until the kill

Just debunking non-facts with facts..........I'm sorry that you and others here find the facts unpalatable.

Old 17-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Master
Cool All you need is love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Biological Determinism is a waste of time.. it ignores the unique capacity of human beings to make changes and go against ''natural'' perceived norms.
Old 17-10-2018, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
This guy never gives up, it must be the hunter in him, never happy until the next kill
He is correct. I have a hard time staying silent when I'm correct... meaning I have a hard time staying silent.

And just do the same: sign up to the Fish And Game forum, and start threads on topics like "Seal Protection Season!!!!"
Old 17-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
He is correct. I have a hard time staying silent when I'm correct... meaning I have a hard time staying silent.

And just do the same: sign up to the Fish And Game forum, and start threads on topics like "Seal Protection Season!!!!"

A buddy and I stayed with an Inuit tribe on a hunting trip north of Winnipeg Canada some years ago and some of the Inuit men brought in a seal.

We were sharing a campfire with them and so I tried it just to be polite......and all I can say is YEEECH!!!!

Old 18-10-2018, 12:18 AM
Master
(vegans must supplement their diet)

Yes with the correct kind of food

and as I have said many times before, I don't see myself as vegan, most vegans eat foods I would not touch.

For me, wholefood is the key. Grain only if it has been sprouted.
It doesn't matter what we have been hundreds of thousands of years ago.
This is trivia at best. If one can change a chicken egg to a duck simply by shining a laser light though both eggs, or if a lizard who are carnivores, changing to herbivores in a very short time, something that should not be possible according to evolutionary sciences.
This might indicate the human system is capable of changing in just a few generations.
Old 18-10-2018, 02:14 AM
Master
[quote=Rah nam] Grain only if it has been sprouted.QUOTE]

That sounds interesting
Old 18-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
A buddy and I stayed with an Inuit tribe on a hunting trip north of Winnipeg Canada some years ago and some of the Inuit men brought in a seal.

We were sharing a campfire with them and so I tried it just to be polite......and all I can say is YEEECH!!!!
Well I appreciate that, thank you. That's almost a spiritual story and epiphany. Obviously it's mostly about hunting, killing and eating animals, and belongs on the Canadian Hunting And Ice Fishing forum and not here. But there's a real human element in there, and that's a happy sign.