Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 07-05-2017, 05:35 AM
FrankieJG

Counselor needed

I have trouble getting over my depression and anxiety.I get caught up in negative thoughts all the time.It's like I have a layer of negativity in my subconscious and I try to ignore it and search for temporary comfort from outside/other people.I refuse to consult a counselor in person. Sometimes I think this is normal and nothing is wrong with me.But I know this isn't normal.I am not happy.I feel alone even among a crowd.I feel unhappy even during happy moments.There's no reason either.I don't know where and how this negativity comes from.I am just not happy.I am lazy.I have no drive.I am going no where.I am 22 and I am wasting my time.When I try to relax myself, anxiety suddenly rushes in.I feel scared for even the smallest thing.And then I wanna sleep and let that thoughts be forgotten. I can't live this way.I have to fix this somehow.I can't find happiness from outside.I have to find within me.If anyone willing to support me,please PM me.Would be a great great help.I just wish I could find the light at the end if the tunnel really very soon.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=112959

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=113222
Old 07-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Experiencer

I know exactly where you're coming from. By my calculation, with 1 being on the verge of suicide and 10 being as thrilled as a new mom who couldn't get pregnant and has just given birth to the baby she's waited for for years, I figure that I operate at about a 3 on a good day (4 if it's sunny outside).

About a year ago, it was pretty awful to be inside my head (kept looking at the rafters of my barn for example...) but I got through it. And here I am, at a 4 today because, yes, the rain clouds lifted and it's a sunny day.

The hardest part is not being completely and openly down and miserable so that you annoy your whole family. The smile (that has nothing behind it), the laugh that rings so hollow to you, the decision to go along on this trip or that trip or even just getting out of the house when someone else says 'Hey, let's go to......', when you'd really rather hunker down in the corner of the sofa and just let a marathon of Mad Men wash over you because at least you don't have to think then, or just wait till sleep takes you away from the black and gayness of your brain.

When you say you need support, what exactly do you have in mind? Just someone who will be there to say they're listening or that they understand and care? Or are you looking for some kind of professional who doesn't insist that you come into their office? Which I can understand by the way, because I don't know about you, but my anxiety levels go through the roof when I have to go out to any kind of appointment. I do the grocery shopping once a week and other than that, I'd be happy to always stay home.

I feel bad for you for your youth and having to deal with this. As an older and retired woman, I can just hide and it's completely workable, but you have so much of your life ahead of you and you have to work.........

Have you ever thought of blogging about this? Like journalling, except you might be able to find some additional benefit through knowing that you're bringing a voice to others who are dealing with the same issues. You could maybe even turn it into a money making blog which would be helpful to solve the finance issues of life. Here's an link to an interesting site I came across to a website called Entrepreneurs Journey - Success Stories. https://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/success-stories/
Old 07-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Hi Frankie,
When I was like that it was some hormone change in my 40's and I was made by my friends to get on an anti-depressant...
only 6 months balanced the chemistry in my brain.
There was absolutely no reason for it, either...I
should have been happy...great relationship, lots of money, healthy...you know...
I don't say get on a meds easily...but, I would do it again in a minute.
Gosh, when I think back...nothing made me happy...in fact,
I couldn't remember a time when I was happy!
(Yet, my nature is that I'm always great.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Administrator
Depression is an illness that can and does affect us all at some point.anything can make you depressed makes you feel worthless etc.but it is an illness that can be treated,your first point of call would be to see your doctor.
you may be put on a short course of antideppresents which will help.
some doctors will refer you for councelling.speaking to someone you don't know can be more beneficial to you.but you have to have the correct councellor also.
don't dismiss seeing a councellor because we see and hear all sorts so you wont shock us by how you are feeling.

Namaste
Old 08-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Master
Hi FrankieJG. I suffered from depression for many years, and overcame it a decade ago by following my own holistic health and lifestyle plan. Please feel free to PM me if you wish to chat.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:29 AM
Master
Hi again Frankie, I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:28 PM
FrankieJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi again Frankie, I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full.

Oh I am so sorry.It is sorted.Sorry for the inconvenience.You can PM me now.

Thak you so much for the immediate advices you gave me yesterday.I really appreciate your time and effort. I am looking forward to get the maximum out of your therapy ��
Old 09-05-2017, 12:36 PM
FrankieJG

Thank you so soo much for your lovely response.I have been trying to make my self busy by getting occupied in a new hobby like painting and drawing
That was pretty effective but didn't cure the depression.I tend to worry about being alone.Expecting people to come to me and cheer me up.Sometimes it's uncontrollable.I break into tears.

Journaling is great.I journal whenever I am happy or sad.But never thought of starting a blog because my native language isn't English and I need to improve my languages skills and creative writing.

But no matter what hobby I will be occupied in,I will continue to attract the feeling of "I miss something ". That's why I feel lonely in crowds and unhappy during happy moments.I fear to be happy because to balance it I feel like something bad might happen.And the reason why I feel sad during happy occasions is that they end so soon.They are temporary and that makes me sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I know exactly where you're coming from. By my calculation, with 1 being on the verge of suicide and 10 being as thrilled as a new mom who couldn't get pregnant and has just given birth to the baby she's waited for for years, I figure that I operate at about a 3 on a good day (4 if it's sunny outside).

About a year ago, it was pretty awful to be inside my head (kept looking at the rafters of my barn for example...) but I got through it. And here I am, at a 4 today because, yes, the rain clouds lifted and it's a sunny day.

The hardest part is not being completely and openly down and miserable so that you annoy your whole family. The smile (that has nothing behind it), the laugh that rings so hollow to you, the decision to go along on this trip or that trip or even just getting out of the house when someone else says 'Hey, let's go to......', when you'd really rather hunker down in the corner of the sofa and just let a marathon of Mad Men wash over you because at least you don't have to think then, or just wait till sleep takes you away from the black and gayness of your brain.

When you say you need support, what exactly do you have in mind? Just someone who will be there to say they're listening or that they understand and care? Or are you looking for some kind of professional who doesn't insist that you come into their office? Which I can understand by the way, because I don't know about you, but my anxiety levels go through the roof when I have to go out to any kind of appointment. I do the grocery shopping once a week and other than that, I'd be happy to always stay home.

I feel bad for you for your youth and having to deal with this. As an older and retired woman, I can just hide and it's completely workable, but you have so much of your life ahead of you and you have to work.........

Have you ever thought of blogging about this? Like journalling, except you might be able to find some additional benefit through knowing that you're bringing a voice to others who are dealing with the same issues. You could maybe even turn it into a money making blog which would be helpful to solve the finance issues of life. Here's an link to an interesting site I came across to a website called Entrepreneurs Journey - Success Stories. https://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/success-stories/

Last edited by FrankieJG : 09-05-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:38 PM
FrankieJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi Frankie,
When I was like that it was some hormone change in my 40's and I was made by my friends to get on an anti-depressant...
only 6 months balanced the chemistry in my brain.
There was absolutely no reason for it, either...I
should have been happy...great relationship, lots of money, healthy...you know...
I don't say get on a meds easily...but, I would do it again in a minute.
Gosh, when I think back...nothing made me happy...in fact,
I couldn't remember a time when I was happy!
(Yet, my nature is that I'm always great.)

Thank you for your reply.I am not thinking of going for anti depressants.If I get used to them I might will need them always.Sometimes I feel like I'll be alright with time.Like you became better with time.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:41 PM
FrankieJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Depression is an illness that can and does affect us all at some point.anything can make you depressed makes you feel worthless etc.but it is an illness that can be treated,your first point of call would be to see your doctor.
you may be put on a short course of antideppresents which will help.
some doctors will refer you for councelling.speaking to someone you don't know can be more beneficial to you.but you have to have the correct councellor also.
don't dismiss seeing a councellor because we see and hear all sorts so you wont shock us by how you are feeling.

Namaste

Thank you for your response.I consulted a counselor once.I told her everything.She was a good listener.What I want is not someone who will be there to listen to my problems but a real solution for this problem.That made me give up on her.I didnt continue to go there.