Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-04-2019, 06:39 PM
Suspended
Guide
Insights appreciated

What is spiritual development?
Finding your origin? Developing and honoring your gifts and using them to wake others up? Is it developing self love and finding out who you really are?

I'm unsure how to spiritually develop. I've had thoughts recently that maybe when my body dies, I'll just be somewhere else but I haven't given it a lot of thought yet.

Also had thoughts of how I've lived before I took this body. What's the point of this body? I'd rather be somewhere else. It's all backwards.

How do I understand what the heck I'm trying to do?
Old 14-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Master

Asking questions is a good beginning for your spiritual development. You'll have to refine your questions, and decide where to look for answers.

My suggestion: look inside, not outside! Don't be a clueless follower!

Good luck!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 14-04-2019, 08:31 PM
Guide

Spiritual development may include all of the above. I read a book called "The Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav that answered a lot of your questions. It gave me a good foundation for the big "why are we here" question.
Old 14-04-2019, 09:56 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Asking questions is a good beginning for your spiritual development. You'll have to refine your questions, and decide where to look for answers.

My suggestion: look inside, not outside! Don't be a clueless follower!

Good luck!
May I ask what you mean by refine my questions?
Old 15-04-2019, 12:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
May I ask what you mean by refine my questions?

Find only one or two questions that you feel to be the most important. They shouldn't result from rationalization, or emotion, but from your intuition.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-04-2019, 12:54 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Find only one or two questions that you feel to be the most important. They shouldn't result from rationalization, or emotion, but from your intuition.
Ok.

1. What am i?
2. Am I gonna die young?
Old 15-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Finding your origin? Developing and honoring your gifts and using them to wake others up? Is it developing self love and finding out who you really are?

I'm unsure how to spiritually develop. I've had thoughts recently that maybe when my body dies, I'll just be somewhere else but I haven't given it a lot of thought yet.

Also had thoughts of how I've lived before I took this body. What's the point of this body? I'd rather be somewhere else. It's all backwards.

Hi M.Telsa,

I think that when each of us are ready we then start on our personal journey of self discovery. To find our own truth. So while spiritual development is a stepping stone along the way, ultimately it leads to a complete knowing of who you are. So when you use all your senses to explore everything around you this isn't from a place of separation, but from a place of complete connection. That as you reach out into the universe, the universe reaches into you. Where you live from the inside out, as well as the outside in.

Often modern life is all about getting from A to B, and not appreciating the journey along the way. This can also be said about our spiritual path too. Where by being fully connected allows us to live in the present rather than the past or the future, in blissful harmony and appreciation.

Our bodies are therefore the universe's manifestation so we as the universe can experience everything from our viewpoint. So rather than being a soul in a body, we are a body that is the very soul of the universe.

So when it comes to helping others awaken to who they are, this in all honesty is something they must do for themselves. Where in my view the best way is to simply be who you are and for you thoughts and actions to shine through so naturally inspires others around you.

To help answer your two questions...

1) You are this universe, and nothing is greater than who you are - as are all of us from our own perspective with us all being intrinsically connected.

2) The honest answer is that it doesn't matter when you die and, while I hope you enjoy a long and fruitful life, simply live each day as if it was you last. With love, joy and happiness in all you do. As when you realise you are this universe then death isn't anything to be afraid of. If anything it is just as special as the day we are born - as it gives us such beautiful appreciation of life

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking

Last edited by Ghost_Rider_1970 : 15-04-2019 at 11:45 PM.
Old 15-04-2019, 11:49 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Ok.

1. What am i?
2. Am I gonna die young?

Hi, you remind me of Tes from a funny sitcom called Suburgatory, I hope you don't mind.
Blessings.
Old 16-04-2019, 12:48 AM
janielee

Quote:

When I read in this forum, including historical posts, I think Jyotir says it best:

The most practical orientation, is that God - the Highest in whatever form sought (which could include meditation) - is the most important thing in the spiritual life - by nature, by purpose, by significance, by implementation. Given that, there is nothing else needed, and in fact that is the point: becoming That which is sought for the purpose of fulfilling the Will of the seeking.

Be wary of any advice to the contrary, which is quite common, even in presumably 'spiritual' discussion, and is often simply a rational skepticism of the mind (a common impediment). If people are averse to the term 'God' (and its obsolete connotations), then they may need to re-define what that means in the modern age for their evolutionary necessity - rather than defeat themselves by a summary rejection of the actual principle.

If consciousness is paramount, then the focus on That Which, or the One Who is All-consciousness, subsumes all consciousness, is the Source of all consciousness, etc., and is the Goal of all seeking - conscious, unconscious, right or wrong, in every form - it is God which is the dynamic Self-discovery available in life. God is present and emergent in the aspiration itself.

So imo, you are not wrong about meditation. But it may not be entirely practical.

Life itself can be a 'meditation' - in action (as knight alludes to in the previous post). It's simply more practical. iow, Meditation is not only 'sitting' (which is difficult or impossible to do all day anyway!).

Meditation is invaluable, and can be an indispensable augmentation to the traditional other forms of sadhana (spiritual practice), available through the primary Yogas such as Discrimination (Jnana), Service (Karma), Devotion (Bhakti) - which together enable practical opportunity when one is not (formally) meditating.

Every moment is an opportunity to raise consciousness - focus attention on the Highest, pray to the Highest, to offer one's given life to fulfill the Highest, to focus attention on the Real at every moment (vs. unconscious attachment to the unreal, illusory, surface appearance, ignorance, etc.)

Also, fyi, although a common misconception, so-called psychic abilities have nothing to do with the spiritual and spiritual practice per se, even if they may often be coincident, or a signal aspect of someone's awakening. For many, these phenomena actually can become a distraction, or worse - a diversion from the path, and for many may even represent the demise of real spiritual life.

Meanwhile, God, the Highest, as primary/exclusive focus is the safest, most efficacious approach, and puts everything else in proper order. A sustained consistency in that approach is a virtual definition of meditation.

~J

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=97419
Old 17-04-2019, 07:42 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:

"What is spiritual development?"
I believe my spirit is already developed. Ask yourself what stands in the way of realizing this spirit more fully. My development is an uncovering that which always was and will be.There are many ways to this unveiling.