Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Most people haven't come to know the shadow side of themselves and frankly are so afraid of it that they never will. They rather pretend it doesn't exist (denial) and don't like being reminded of it. Because 'black magic' doesn't shy away from any parts of self, the whole practice is viewed as tainted by most.

Very true, and for those who are prepared to face the shadows, the colour of the magic becomes less significant.

But when you consider sorcery generally, problems arise with ascribing good or evil. Is a love spell (an attempt to ensorcel someone to oneself against their will (unless they discover what the client is up to)) good or evil? Is a spell to acquire money for some project that ties the speller to the material plane good or bad? Is a spell of retribution bad or in accord with justice?

My belief is that the colour of the magic is down to the intent of the practitioner.

.............oOo............
Old 06-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Very true, and for those who are prepared to face the shadows, the colour of the magic becomes less significant.

But when you consider sorcery generally, problems arise with ascribing good or evil. Is a love spell (an attempt to ensorcel someone to oneself against their will (unless they discover what the client is up to)) good or evil? Is a spell to acquire money for some project that ties the speller to the material plane good or bad? Is a spell of retribution bad or in accord with justice?

My belief is that the colour of the magic is down to the intent of the practitioner.

.............oOo............

The Colour of Magic is an excellent book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Colour-O.../dp/0552166596
Old 06-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Experiencer

I have heard the opinion expressed that good and evil don't really exist from a spiritual view point - they exist only in human perception. For instance, some argue that Hitler was playing a necessary role that allowed Karma to be expressed on a world-wide level, and that his black deeds were a sacrifice that his soul volunteered to perform. He certainly appears evil indeed, and in "deed" to me, so this is a concept that I find difficult to accept. Any thoughts out there?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
Any thoughts out there?

I have two thoughts. I agree that good and evil is nothing more than subjective. You might do the greatest deed in your world and go home feel good about it, when in reality you have done quite a great deal of a mess I think it is silly to think that all beings in this world work together for a greater plan; if they did such actions were never needed. I talk out of how I remember the planing of lives and how they never went as planned.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
I have heard the opinion expressed that good and evil don't really exist from a spiritual view point - they exist only in human perception. For instance, some argue that Hitler was playing a necessary role that allowed Karma to be expressed on a world-wide level, and that his black deeds were a sacrifice that his soul volunteered to perform. He certainly appears evil indeed, and in "deed" to me, so this is a concept that I find difficult to accept. Any thoughts out there?

There's a bit in the Tibetan Book of the Dead that tells us that although this incarnation is unimportant other than as a learning opportunity, nonetheless, sentient beings value their lives and will cling to this life as long as they can, and it is nobody's right, even when they think it is for a greater good, to take that life from them.

So yes, hitler was evil.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Master
Color Into the forest of deams

Interesting stuff
Old 09-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Experiencer

I'm thinking your opinions over, Badger and Megamedes. It's good feedback. I don't think that all souls work for a greater purpose, all the time, but I think it's possible that there are situations where that happens. My heart agrees with Badger that Hitler was "evil", but I find that in order to grow, I have to consider ideas outside the boundaries of conventional morality. It's amazing how threatening that can feel - in relation to magic, or global situations, like World Ward II. Maybe whether Magic is "Black" or not is dependent on whether the Magical Worker is capable of looking beyond his own needs to consider how the spell affects others. A "Black" practioner would be incapable of that, or truly amoral. Our society treats Magic as a joke, and as we all know - It's not!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Megamedes

Quote:
I'm thinking your opinions over, Badger and Megamedes. It's good feedback. I don't think that all souls work for a greater purpose, all the time, but I think it's possible that there are situations where that happens. My heart agrees with Badger that Hitler was "evil", but I find that in order to grow, I have to consider ideas outside the boundaries of conventional morality. It's amazing how threatening that can feel - in relation to magic, or global situations, like World Ward II. Maybe whether Magic is "Black" or not is dependent on whether the Magical Worker is capable of looking beyond his own needs to consider how the spell affects others. A "Black" practioner would be incapable of that, or truly amoral. Our society treats Magic as a joke, and as we all know - It's not!

I do agree that many has lost their respect for magic and such, like spirituality is a playground where anything go as long as we dress ourselves in white light and yells love. Some makes such a mess of simple things, discriminating beings in the astral because they do not understand they are the one who trespasses. Magic should have no labels or restrictions, it should simply be respected.

People who throw white magic is equally careless, might be even more. They do not always look at the consequences because the idea is that it can not do harm - then is you are already safe why would you look before walking over the street? So I think that people who use black magic can be as compassionate or disaffected as those who use white.

I once read something about we in this universe is playing a Polarity Integration Game. Whether this describtion is true or not I still love it, at least for it promoting compassion as the ultimate goal, the integration point (though I would probably describe it all in different terms).

Polarity Integration means the integration of two opposites. In our universe the “game for soul evolution” is called Polarity Integration and what we are here to integrate are the two opposites, Light and Dark. The Light can be described as love, joy, bliss and all the emotions connected with the upper chakras. The Dark can be described as fear, anger, blame, shame and all the emotions connected with the lower chakras. The Light represents the “reward”, joy, happiness, bliss. The Dark represents the “lesson”, the challenge. Emotional/physical pain, and the emotions of fear and anger are what we must learn to value as part of the lesson. Compassion is the goal of the game. Compassion is the integration point, the middle point of the two opposites. When the soul reaches true compassion, it feels acceptance for both sides, judging neither as inherently good or bad. Achieving compassion or integration means that a soul sees the value in both the Light and the Dark, and chooses to have both in balanced portions, as part of itself.

This basically suggest that there are two sources of origin in this world and not just one as some suggest. And the resolve is to balance the two forces; rather than slit one off. You could say that the source embrace the entire spectrum rather than only bright light. And I agree it can be quite threatening to go beyond ones comfort zone, yet what is unconditional love if it does not embrace all?
Old 14-09-2014, 12:29 AM
Master
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaJade
Okay so I was just reading through some stuff today and came across black magic. I'll be honest and say I've never looked too much into it and have only heard negative things about it. Just out of curiosity, can black magic be used for good? Or is it true what I heard that it's bad and just causes negativity?

Some times to protect your self, if a witch is being really harmed by some one then maybe they have to go a bit dark lol
Old 14-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

ok
i dont know why am reading this. i really hate the term black magic :P
but for sure i need to learn if theres any way to break the spells.
do people know what to go for if a spell is placed and went quite well deep to make every moment of a persons life like hell.
i had known some cases that needs help. and i can sure suggest for people who live in fear of projected. pls PM because am a newbie and its tough for me to find this threads again.