Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling > Channeled Messages

Old 18-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
ahhh... but enlightenment is not from information.

It's entirely experiential and without thought and can't be arrived at through mental processes.
... in your apparently unjustifiable opinion.

Don't you think this board would be a lot better if people backed up their opinions with something more than 'Because I say so'?

I personally think a lot of bad karma comes from willfully risking people's progress with information you don't actually know to be true.

Quote:
Brain wave studies show patterns in the low Theta range with those in deep meditation, experiencing silent awareness.
... caused by neurons firing a bit slower than usual.

Do you know Yogananda's writings about the ideational body?
Old 18-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Master

T
here are many writings and teachings on enlightenment, or waking up in our true nature, that say the same thing, Aquarian.

It's a discovery beyond the conceptual mind.

But I think we've both expressed our views on this issue enough here.

Bowing out...

Xan

Old 19-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

T
here are many writings and teachings on enlightenment, or waking up in our true nature, that say the same thing, Aquarian.
Feel free to disclose any credible ones so that the rest of us can judge their validity. Like I do, below.

God gave us a mind to distinguish truth in this world of delusion, so that we can find our way back to Him.

We only know of Babaji through Yogananda. In his Autobiography of a Yogi, he recounts the words of his resurrected Master, Sri Yukteswar. In this particular extract, Sri Yukteswar is talking about the stage after the second ascension of those who have left this world enlightened enough to break the cycle of reincarnation.

Quote:
"Causal desires are fulfilled by perception only. The nearly-free beings who are encased only in the causal body see the whole universe as realizations of the dream-ideas of God; they can materialize anything and everything in sheer thought."
Old 19-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Master
Aquarian... There are so many credible writings I couldn't possible list them all, but for a start there's The Bhagavad Gita, The Vedas, The Upanishads, Tao Te Ching... and in modern times, writings from Ramana Maharshi, H.W.L. Poonjaji, Adyashanti, Gangaji, Eckhart Tolle, to mention just a few.

Many of us did first hear about Babaji in Autobiography of a Yogi. Here's a more recent and thorough personal description you might find interesting:

http://www.babaji.net/teachings-babaji.htm

Xan

Old 19-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Aquarian

That's a fake Babaji. Having actually died is a bit of a giveaway and of course Babaji's own 'church' in the West (via Yogananda), the SRF, reject him.
There is at least one other impersonation FYI.

Here's another passage from the same chapter.

Quote:
"You have read in the scriptures," Master went on, "that God encased the human soul successively in three bodies-the idea, or causal, body; the subtle astral body, seat of man's mental and emotional natures; and the gross physical body. On earth a man is equipped with his physical senses. An astral being works with his consciousness and feelings and a body made of lifetrons. A causal-bodied being remains in the blissful realm of ideas."
The "scriptures" of course referring to those Hindu sacred texts you mention.
Old 19-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Master
Aquarian, if you think the most recent incarnation of Babaji is fake, there's nothing more to say.

blessings on your chosen way
Xan

Old 19-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Aquarian, if you think the most recent incarnation of Babaji is fake, there's nothing more to say.
Your thinking that fraud was real is exactly what I've been talking about in this thread. You've also just proven to everyone here that your ability to be deceived is very high.

Unless you're claiming Yogandanda rejected Babaji and set up a church which would renounce a real Babaji (who could/would do nothing to change that) then you have to believe he's fake.

Also Babaji is deathless. He's at least hundreds of years old and has maintained the same body throughout -- if you believe Yogananda, Sri Yukteswar, Lahiri Mahasaya, Ram Gopal and probably others.
Old 19-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Master
To know what's real I don't go by authorities but intuitive knowing.

I hope you don't miss out on real discoveries for yourself because of holding on and holding back.

I will not respond to you here again.

blessings
Xan

Old 19-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Aquarian

Is there no cracking through that ego?

There is no shame in being deluded. We all are. I strongly doubt there is a single person on this board who can reliably tell truth from delusion in these subtle matters.
Old 20-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Is there no cracking through that ego?

There is no shame in being deluded. We all are. I strongly doubt there is a single person on this board who can reliably tell truth from delusion in these subtle matters.
That's pretty strong, Aquarian.
Could you think of another way to communicate that?
Gee.
I mean feel or think what you wish, of course, valid or not - but that was strong -at least for me.
If you 2 were close personal friends and that's the way
you guys talk with each other, that'd be different.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru