Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 20-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Lilstar07

Smile Things we do to keep us sane

So many upside-down frowns in this place!

Also a lot of people that find happiness in bringing happiness to others. Might be a good idea to sharing the little things we do to keep us focused positively or maybe even distract us from our problems or whatever situation we're in.

I myself have suffered depression and am veeerrry close to slipping back into it but I'm determined not to.

Ive Started to learn a new language, no reason. I dont even know anyone who speaks the language I'm learning but it is helping a lot. Everytime I find myself drigting off into a dark place I stop. Learn a few new words or phrases. The thing is it actually forces you to clear your head in order for you to memorize.

Ive also been learning origami, no reason. theres paper all over the place but its plesently distracting and by the end of it I get a nice frog or a birdie lol

Its the little things sometimes.

Anyone else got something they do to share?
Old 20-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Dean1973

Lilistar wow that's great! It makes me think of my sister, she's also learning a new language, Spanish, and also ....no reason.

Nice. I like that.

I need to start doing something as well. I'd like to start yoga actually.

I guess life isn't just work (where most of my "stuff"/anxiety lies), it's also about filling your time with enjoyment, making a life for yourself outside of work and other things - doing something for YOU, something you enjoy, to break away from regular, mundane life, even just for a bit.

Well done

x

Last edited by Dean1973 : 20-12-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 20-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Scibat

I could stand to do something like that, I am in a similar situation. Teetering on the edge of depression. I need something constructive to keep me upbeat and occupied.
Old 20-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Become immersed in my U-Boat stuff...

Drink tea by the gallon (or so it seems...)
Old 21-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Lilstar07

[quote=
Drink tea by the gallon (or so it seems...)[/QUOTE]

I was actually drinking tea as i read that! Yep teas my thing too especially that nice herbal stuff. Makes me feel good inside.

Scibat, yoga it is then. Even if you find out it aint your thing, the fact that you tried it anyway will make you feel better.
Old 21-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Master
I keep myself sane by excercising quite a bit, and also by having a focus and goals. EG my goal is to loose another 30 pounds, and to keep on excercising as much as I am because it gives me something to focus on. I swim 3-4 miles a week, do about 2-3 hours of yoga a week and walk about 3-4 miles a week. So it's working.
I also keep myself sane by working, albeit it's part time but it helps.
I keep myself sane by laughing a lot, if I can't make myself laugh I watch at least one comedy a day.
I keep myself sane by reading.
I keep myself sane by talking to my husband like a best friend.
So many things.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-12-2010, 12:52 AM
ShamanWoman

I bought myself a pair of tap shoes and a DVD, and I'm learning to tap dance! I also paint and play the flute. But I'd have to say that journaling is one of the biggest things that keeps me sane, it's always helpful to vent my frustrations and feelings, and I usually get some good answers and insights in the process.
Old 24-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Lilstar07

I'm hearing some good ideas for myself here.

Ive got another one; I listen to old songs from the happiest times of my life. Rather than going back to the past its like you can bring that happy feeling to the future.
Old 24-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Master
Lightbulb

I do a few things like you guys, not a lot, but I do try to allow myself to not be so self-conscious or worry about what other people think of me. Deep breathing practice whenever I think about it, and I try to. Otherwise, I start that shallow breathing because I'm tense...

Old 25-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Checkers

Yoga and meditation keep me sane. If I don't do them on a daily basis, I get nervous and feel anxious.

Having a good network of friends helps too. I've got spiritual friends and sensitive friends that understand me.