Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Hips tension

Hi all. Have been reading a lot about spirituality for several years. I meditate but there is a lot of anger and sadness I think underlying it. I suffer depression and obsessive thinking which centres around spiritual concepts but it has got very muddled. I have not been coping well with life and have gotten so confused.

I have gradually had this energetic pattern aground my body which centers on what seems to be a cord under a lot of tension aground my left hip.

Can't seem to shift or understand it.

Has anyone experienced a lot of tension across the hips.

Sometimes it feels like a taut cable.

Cheers
Simon
Old 04-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Ps. Also has anyone simply gone too far with spiritual ideas and gotten really confused? I think I need to settle for a while.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutto
Hi all. Have been reading a lot about spirituality for several years. I meditate but there is a lot of anger and sadness I think underlying it. I suffer depression and obsessive thinking which centres around spiritual concepts but it has got very muddled. I have not been coping well with life and have gotten so confused.
Who is experiencing this sadness and anger? Meditation can be a tremendous aide in creating a solution for your situation. The focus of your meditation might be off... What do you meditate on, or what is your definition of meditation?

Quote:
I have gradually had this energetic pattern aground my body which centers on what seems to be a cord under a lot of tension aground my left hip.
Does it produce physical sensations? Certain types of meditation strive to transcend awareness of these things by concentration.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:58 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for your reply Wagner

I just try and be as still as I can in meditation. However the energy field around me is so strong I can never seem to get still. It's quite uncomfortable.

I don't meditation on anything as such. Can you expand more on that.

I fear the sadness. I grew up in an emotional abusive household and have hung on to a lot of stuff. To me sadness and isolation are linked. I guess it is the isolation I really fear.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:06 AM
Knower
Quote:
I just try and be as still as I can in meditation. However the energy field around me is so strong I can never seem to get still. It's quite uncomfortable.
You are stronng. Most would just except it and just travel on, you've got the nerve to face it!

Quote:
I don't meditation on anything as such. Can you expand more on that.
The ability to focus on a single object for longer and longer and longer...

Quote:
I fear the sadness. I grew up in an emotional abusive household and have hung on to a lot of stuff. To me sadness and isolation are linked. I guess it is the isolation I really fear.
Sadness is emotional. Think about "what" experiences the sadness. Where is this sadness coming from? Where does that sadness exist? You are identifying with it. It's OK! :) That is OK. Just gently silence the thoughts. Where else do your obstacles come from? Just gently, discreetly arrest the thoughts.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:18 AM
Newbie ;)

So are you saying experience the sadness without chasing for answers?
Old 05-11-2016, 01:33 AM
Talking

Quote:
I have gradually had this energetic pattern aground my body
which centers on what seems to be a cord under a lot of tension aground my left hip.
Simon
LOL!

Who woulda thought a thread on the left hip !
Yes, and in 2009 it was healed at a Charismatic Church and I injured
it again in 2012...and the Holy Spirit healed it again....then,
in 2013 I slipped on an unexpected ice patch and hurt it AGAIN!
Insurance paid for many therapy sessions.
Now, it intermittently gets flared with too much walking.

Do ya think something is telling me I'm afraid to step forward?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-11-2016, 02:32 AM
Newbie ;)

Had this one Missy?
Old 05-11-2016, 05:07 AM
Master
Quote:

Cheers
Simon

According to some yoga teachings of late, our pelvis/hips hold memories of every relationship we have ever had. Moving forward requires work to release on every level. Left side is symbolic of the feminine. So often all those "hits" will show in this region more so as tension and tightness, holding on and in. It also relates to the root chakra and our grounded state of being, which requires physical and emotional flexibility to move one forward in life..

This past week I became aware of a few things held within my own left hip, I was able to observe my emotions whilst actively working the areas. So even as I didn't have to enter into those, I did stay focused on the physical release. I am working on it more holistically as I type, to release this more complete. Yin yoga is wonderful because it involves certain stretches which can go deep into those pockets where memories/feelings are stored, plus release the physical holding as one. I do a few types of yoga but yin seems to be the best for this issue. I seek complete healing, so for me it is totality of mind body connection, so I am aware of lifestyle, foods, posture, emotions that are interconnected and create the imbalance..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 05-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Knower
Quote:
So are you saying experience the sadness without chasing for answers?
No. I said to search for, to find the answer to the question "who experiences that sadness." That which believes that it is experiencing sadness, what is that? Seek that answer. You? What calls itself "you"? Search ever and ever deeper. There is a body experiencing sensations. Beneath that there is a mind which believes that it is experiencing sadness. What is the root of that mind?