Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-05-2019, 11:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Ah, so you have never had an ego? How does that square with "Everyone obviously has an ego which is self constructed through our own thoughts but everyone's ego is different as we all think differently."

Yes I do have an ego but I personally constructed it myself as do others, but there's no ego in reality because it's (Self) constructed through ( Need ). If you search inside can you find ego...., no because there isn't any, only in our minds.
Everythink about a sense of self we construct, there is ( Not Self ) only what you think is a self, look for a self and when you look you won't find one.
Ego is man-made.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Master
So in a sense there is just God but parts of God (sparks, souls etc.) start developing an identity which is separate from God?

If in the beginning and at the end there is just God then how do sparks/souls ever manage to believe they are separate in the first place?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
So in a sense there is just God but parts of God (sparks, souls etc.) start developing an identity which is separate from God?

If in the beginning and at the end there is just God then how do sparks/souls ever manage to believe they are separate in the first place?

That's a lovely explanation Honza, they believe their separate because of EGO.the self constructed sense of SELF...
Old 06-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life". How do you interpret what He said? To me it does not mean "I Am is the way, the truth and the life". To me it means that Christ is the way, the truth and the life.
I see it that Christ is telling us that He is the PATH. Also that He is the DOOR. He is telling us that He is the objective and goal of life. If we follow Him then we are on the right path and we will be drawn into the Kingdom. In a way Christ was telling us that He is the meaning of life if we choose Him to be.

you left the rest of the verse out. Jesus said , (John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me). he gave up part of what he meant when he said those words. he's the ONLY "WAY", one can get to his Father, through prayer. in the dats of old, for sins to be forgiven, they had to sacrifice a lamb. Jesus ,was that sacrificial "Lamb." (John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world)!

he's the truth, because he taught the truth, this was why MANY of those false religious leaders wanted him dead. because he kept calling them out on their lies, false teachings and dealings ,(Matthew chap. 23). also his truth is being taught up to this day, and will continue up to the End ,(Matt. 28:18-20 “And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age”).

and of course we ALL should understand what he meant when he said that he was the life. John 3:16,17 says it well...("For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved). peace
Old 06-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Master
I've yet to know someone with no ego. Some are just bigger than the other :-P
Old 06-05-2019, 03:10 PM
Master
*or someone that is in total control of their constructed ego!
Old 06-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Jesus said , (John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me).

Yes interesting. I did not know that the second part came right after "I am the way, the truth and the life".

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:19 PM
Master
You can either be exclusivist or inclusivist about your answer here. You could say Christ, as in the person Jesus, really is the only way and everyone else (all the other numerous cultures and traditions) is wrong (exclusivism). Or you could say Jesus spoke from a higher 'God' perspective which would mean that which comes from God is the only way (inclusivism). The latter would mean people from different faiths could find that same truth, regardless of the names they give to the divine Source. Take your pick..

Quote:

That is IMO one of the biggest questions in spirituality. How can something supposedly divine and essentially good be moving away from God..?

To explain this you'll find either Satan/devil and sin, or karma due to attachment and desire. Personally I believe it's just one long journey without any inherent meaning to it. The Universe is about creativity and that can go in many directions. It's up to us to make sense of it, not any 'soul' or carefully constructed Plan..
Old 06-05-2019, 05:41 PM
mindanalyzer

John 14:6, my favorite bible verse

When I am straying away in ideas or belief's approaches, I can always re-connect with focusing in this verse. I believe that basically Jesus the Christ in the only way!!!
Old 06-05-2019, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes I do have an ego but I personally constructed it myself as do others, but there's no ego in reality because it's (Self) constructed through ( Need ). If you search inside can you find ego...., no because there isn't any, only in our minds.
Everythink about a sense of self we construct, there is ( Not Self ) only what you think is a self, look for a self and when you look you won't find one.
Ego is man-made.

So your God self has no ego, your human self has an ego. You choose to identify yourself as your god self, therefore ego is irrelevant, meanwhile your human ego gets to control the human, and is exceedingly happy that no one's bothering to examine it so it gets to keep control. It's a win-win situation