Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-05-2019, 12:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
But their true essence is clearly not being demonstrated. Why not?

That is a very good point.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I tend to agree. There is definitely something not right. I find I AM useful to rally around. It gives me a sense of strength and also responsibility. However I do feel aware that something just does not add up...I veer towards the side of caution. I do repent and I do surrender to Jesus.

However as I said I also get very confused.

It is confusing. The narrow gate is hard to find and only a few will enter through it.

As well, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

I spent a while saying "Thy will not my will be done," it helped me when I was confused.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:00 AM
Master
Quote:
But their true essence is clearly not being demonstrated. Why not?

Ego....

The ego alienates us from our ' True Essence '. When we awaken to our true self the ego is destroyed and we begin living in oneness.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Ego....

The ego alienates us from our ' True Essence '. When we awaken to our true self the ego is destroyed and we begin living in oneness.

What is ego? Is it an individual force or a universal force or is it not a force at all? Where does ego come from?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What is ego? Is it an individual force or a universal force or is it not a force at all? Where does ego come from?

Ego is an identity of our own construction, a false identity. If we take all the beliefs of what we are, beliefs about our personality, talents, and abilities then we have the structure of our ego. I think it's like the Moon obscuring the Sun. Everyone obviously has an ego which is self constructed through our own thoughts but everyone's ego is different as we all think differently.
A rapist or murderer only thinks of Him/Herself and what they want, they have no feelings for others or a sense of guilt, the ego controls their behavior instead of them controlling the ego. I believe the ego creates a sense that we are separate from others and we have to protect our personal ideas of what's bad, wrong or sinfull ( Judgement ). You only have to look at Isis as an example. They actually believe what they are doing is justifiable, their sense of self ( Ego) tells them so.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Ego is an identity of our own construction, a false identity. If we take all the beliefs of what we are, beliefs about our personality, talents, and abilities then we have the structure of our ego. I think it's like the Moon obscuring the Sun. Everyone obviously has an ego which is self constructed through our own thoughts but everyone's ego is different as we all think differently.
A rapist or murderer only thinks of Him/Herself and what they want, they have no feelings for others or a sense of guilt, the ego controls their behavior instead of them controlling the ego. I believe the ego creates a sense that we are separate from others and we have to protect our personal ideas of what's bad, wrong or sinfull ( Judgement ). You only have to look at Isis as an example. They actually believe what they are doing is justifiable, their sense of self ( Ego) tells them so.

So either you have no ego therefore you are a realised God, or your belief that you are God is a false identity construct and merely a belief...
Old 06-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
So either you have no ego therefore you are a realised God, or your belief that you are God is a false identity construct and merely a belief...

The ego needs, our true self/essence is what we are, it's not a need... It just is.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:37 AM
Master
Quote:
The ego needs, our true self/essence is what we are, it's not a need... It just is.

I wasn't asking about needs, I said "So either you have no ego therefore you are a realised God, or your belief that you are God is a false identity construct and merely a belief..."

I was looking for a simple yes or no to a) and b)
Old 06-05-2019, 10:44 AM
Master
Quote:
I wasn't asking about needs, I said "So either you have no ego therefore you are a realised God, or your belief that you are God is a false identity construct and merely a belief..."

I was looking for a simple yes or no to a) and b)

The ego wasn't there in the first place, needs create it.... So I can't answer your question because your interpretation of ego is not how I percieve it.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
The ego wasn't there in the first place, needs create it.... So I can't answer your question because your interpretation of ego is not how I percieve it.

Ah, so you have never had an ego? How does that square with "Everyone obviously has an ego which is self constructed through our own thoughts but everyone's ego is different as we all think differently."