Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 06-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Al-esi

INCEPTIONS: finding hints to break through lucidity

They say find your dreams.

Just now, I am remembering certain scenes from the movie "Inception" , a film that came out before I understood as much as I do now - with still a long ways to go.

Leonardo (while guiding the young apprentice girl through the dream framework) said something to the effect of "Make sure to act normal - or not to upset the meshwork of the dream too much or else the dream will turn on you." And then - *no spoiler* at times the dream "people" all turn in on the duo once they are aware of being observed and the whole 9 yards. (Not exactly - but omitting further decombobulation of the cluster-trip which is inception)

I notice in my dream journals (in normal recall - rarely lucid recall) that - there are certain moments when i would pose questions aloud about something particularly off going on in the scene, to immediately have 1. the question answered by a figure/person in my dream. 2, the scene changed or something completely off to manifest 3. a self explanation (at least the dream self) Each are mechanisms to dissuade lucidity.

The dream realm is guarded on some levels...one could debate the guard. I believe it goes something like this - first yourself or the mirror(guard). second the order of dreaming angels(shapeshifters), third the superconstruct of dreamers and so on and so forth(the common dream plane shared by all souls). This is just an imagined estimation of levels and I imagine that they go endlessly up and endlessly down. 2 techniques I learned to cue lucid trigges - 1. Count your fingers throughout the day at various intervals 2. flicker the lights on and off when leaving a room and make a conscious effort to note the action.

In any case - what a surprise, the dream doesn't want to be found out: only just to have its reign over the subconscious as the 3d consciousness slumbers zzzzzz
I dont think it is entirely natural. The dream is a source of self power. If we dont manifest our dreams, someone else will manifest theirs! I am reminded of a certain issue of "The Sandman" by Neil Gaiman -where a story is passed between a gathering of cats in secret, telling of the dream of man which caused humans to dominate the planet.

On my last lucid dream, I attempted to pull a clocktower down with telekinesis and was ejected from the dream through a spiraling wormhole into waking. you are watching yourself and others watch also - bumpers will be removed when appropriate

-A