Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Lightbulb objective proof?

I know the answer's probably no but is there any objective proof of what happens after we die
Old 14-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
I think that might be hard to obtain. We are dealing with a different dimension, and it's hard to try to drag one dimension's reality into another....for everyone to see with physical eyes and measure with scientific instruments.

It seems anecdotal evidence is pretty plentiful. But to an individual, this is really no evidence at all. Then the best thing is one's own personal experience. It can be shared of course, but then becomes someone else's "anecdotal evidence" (therefore no actual evidence at all!) The ultimate, of course, is an experience which moves an individual, heart mind and soul, to 'know' -not even to have to 'believe'.
Weird set-up
Old 14-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Well, there is all the NDE experiences on youtube... try searching "I survived beyond and back" on youtube, some really good stories.

Apart from that, you could check out Sam Parnia who is currently doing studies on proof of life after death.
Old 14-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Forsythia

I get concerned at this sometimes. I had an incident when I was fourteen where I was dead. No pulse, no breathing, nothing for a good five minutes. The only thing I remember was hearing my grandfather say "breath baby, breath. C'mon" and I thought, "well this is a weird dream". That went on for a good thirty seconds until I realized what happened. I felt a strong pull in my body and suddenly I was up screaming. No white lights, no spirits...why not?? This has always been on my mind..
Old 15-10-2014, 12:04 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsythia
I get concerned at this sometimes. I had an incident when I was fourteen where I was dead. No pulse, no breathing, nothing for a good five minutes. The only thing I remember was hearing my grandfather say "breath baby, breath. C'mon" and I thought, "well this is a weird dream". That went on for a good thirty seconds until I realized what happened. I felt a strong pull in my body and suddenly I was up screaming. No white lights, no spirits...why not?? This has always been on my mind..

It sounds like you were still pretty much in this world
Old 15-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I think that might be hard to obtain. We are dealing with a different dimension, and it's hard to try to drag one dimension's reality into another....for everyone to see with physical eyes and measure with scientific instruments.

It seems anecdotal evidence is pretty plentiful. But to an individual, this is really no evidence at all. Then the best thing is one's own personal experience. It can be shared of course, but then becomes someone else's "anecdotal evidence" (therefore no actual evidence at all!) The ultimate, of course, is an experience which moves an individual, heart mind and soul, to 'know' -not even to have to 'believe'.
Weird set-up

How do you get one of those
Old 15-10-2014, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator
I don't really know!
I got one, and I'm pretty ordinary. But I am unsure how to tell someone else how to have one.
Perhaps a great stillness inside one's self, and a complete surrender to something greater than one's self .....plus no anticipation of outcome or results but a simple feeling of grace...? Letting go of ego concerns.
Plus timing....It's a bit of a cliche, but things seem to happen at the 'right time' or when you're ready.

What I have just said is probably so much waffle....

I don't honestly know how it's done, to tell anyone what to do.
Old 15-10-2014, 03:01 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I don't really know!
I got one, and I'm pretty ordinary. But I am unsure how to tell someone else how to have one.
Perhaps a great stillness inside one's self, and a complete surrender to something greater than one's self .....plus no anticipation of outcome or results but a simple feeling of grace...? Letting go of ego concerns.
Plus timing....It's a bit of a cliche, but things seem to happen at the 'right time' or when you're ready.

What I have just said is probably so much waffle....

I don't honestly know how it's done, to tell anyone what to do.

I hear Dmt can give spiritual isnight
Old 15-10-2014, 08:37 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
I know the answer's probably no but is there any objective proof of what happens after we die

no - There's abundant evidence and personal experiences and anecdotes which serve at a personal level as proof, but nothing that would constitute scientific (objective) proof.

At that personal level I have all I need to be certain but I don't see it as objective proof and I would never expect others to be persuaded by my experiences.
Old 15-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Forsythia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
It sounds like you were still pretty much in this world

Explain that to my family surrounding me and the paramedics. Who knows, I sure don't