Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-10-2023, 01:43 AM
Seeker

My Thoughts on the New Thought Movement

To me it sounds like the New Thought Movement further describes some of what already is when it comes to spirituality which are:
  1. Promote open-mindedness.
  2. Bring awareness to that we are all one conciousness.
  3. Accepting of others and their beliefs.
  4. Healing.
  5. Understanding how our thoughts create our reality.

These are just a few I can get from this discussion. While there are many different ways of expression with spirituality, they all have these ways of thought and acceptance.
Old 21-10-2023, 05:21 PM
Master

state of world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
That is all very well, but I did not make the world what it is. I never created the war in Ukraine, or climate change or Covid 19.

I am one with you in sadness / misery prevalent in this world . Still its a call to goodness of good people .God comes as saviour to save good people . If hypothetically there are no good people , God has no business playing saviour role as he can do lot of things sitting in His heavenly abode with remote controls like femine,earthquake,war ,epidemics etc in general and many kinds of mishaps in our personal life .

Remember GOD is GOD (Generator , Operator and DESTROYER also ) . While there is lot of challenge to the goodness of good people and do lot of good work taking inspiration from GOD and God's soldiers whom u believe, we need not get unduly disturbed by it . We need to stay focused on good thoughts and deed to our best ability and capability . With that if not entire world , we can bring some goodness in and around us for sure . And God will be tremendously happy.

I definitely dont say not to understand/analyze/act on global events . All I say is that is should not impact us negatively and demotivate us and weaken our faith goodness. All we are responsible are for our life to GOD and our share of goodness we bring to life.

Sorry if I misread your post and its too much of an advice.
Old 21-10-2023, 05:27 PM
Master

repititions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
But, for many this would be very new stuff...like LOA is big-time new to many.
We are what we think is as old as the the hills or Old Testament Proverbs.

“The root of all difficulties is a lack of the sense of the Presence of God.”
― Emmet Fox
I fully agree with you .While we know everything , its definitely what our consciousness experiences . With repetitions only there is chance that our consciousness pays heed to it , understands it , loves it and finally practice it .
So thank you very much for this thread.

PS - I very much loved Emmet Fox quote. Very true indeed.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 21-10-2023 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Shortened quotes as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 21-10-2023, 05:37 PM
It is the law of Spirit that we must be that which we would draw to us. If we would draw to us love, we must be love,
be loving and kind; if we would have peace and harmony in our environment, we must establish it within ourselves.

Charles Fillmore

Mr. Fillmore is the main guy of New Thought, btw.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru