Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-03-2020, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
Are you kidding me, Daz?
The next you are going to say, why cats weren't allowed to be ordinated as monks in buddha's sangha....Robert is no fool, he just awoke to the ultimate reality.

Realized beings are more wise than ordinary people coz the real wisdom comes from beyond mind...they see things as they really are... they don't project their own minds on them...

Kindly explain to me - who is a real gyani?

I am not kidding at all . If Robert Adams isn’t self identified then he wouldn’t be able to identify another . This is how identify works . It is awareness of self in reflection of others .

You haven’t addressed any of my questions .

Why doesn’t Robert marry a cat? I say this because an unidentified non person would not know what a cat is or a female human is .

So please talk me through the process of how an unidentified non person can end up marrying a female human and not a cat .

x daz x
Old 18-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Marriage or other dramas of life can never threaten ONeness...can they do that?

all these questions are coming from the mind...and the mind can never understand No-mind...
If you are experiencing or simply being oneness and you see everything as we are (using your other quote) then there would be no need to single out one non person to love and be loved .

Please explain to me the need or the longing for impersonal love of another while being unidentified while being in the love and bliss of all things that is god .

A blissed out guru that is in awareness of God as all things doesn’t need or have the longing for love of a female non identified non person .

You seem to use the mind as your get out of jail free card and like I have said before it’s all mind .

All of Robert Adam’s teaching are mindful and therefore are not giving a true reflection of no mind .

Your statement is actually negating what Robert Adams is saying, but I doubt you will see that .

So please if you could simply answer my line of questions we might actually get somewhere, otherwise it will end up the same as before with no actual answers .

x daz x
Old 19-03-2020, 06:17 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I am not kidding at all . If Robert Adams isn’t self identified then he wouldn’t be able to identify another . This is how identify works . It is awareness of self in reflection of others .

Umm... no. That's not how identity works.

Self-realization simply means nonidentification with false identity...

Can't a realized-being tell the difference between a cat and a woman, between black and white, between a Democrat and a Republication..? yes, he can...

Can the Realization cause memory impairments? Hell No!

...Just because one has lost the sense of a separate self, doesn't mean he lost the power of discernment...Realization doesn't interfere with daily life also.

Shortly after Buddhahood, Buddha visited his home and met his wife, son, father and mother...He didn't forget them.

Quote:
You haven’t addressed any of my questions . x daz x
Oh, really??? and what are your questions?

Why doesn’t Robert marry a cat?
Why doesn't Robert Adams marry a frog or a goldfish? Lol 😂
Old 19-03-2020, 06:28 AM
Knower
Quote:
A blissed out guru that is in awareness of God as all things doesn’t need or have the longing for love of a female non identified non person
x daz x
You still haven't answered my question - who is a real gyani. daz?
Old 19-03-2020, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Umm... no. That's not how identity works.

Self-realization simply means nonidentification with false identity...

Can't a realized-being tell the difference between a cat and a woman, between black and white, between a Democrat and a Republication..? yes, he can...

Can the Realization cause memory impairments? Hell No!

...Just because one has lost the sense of a separate self, doesn't mean he lost the power of discernment...Realization doesn't interfere with daily life also.

Shortly after Buddhahood, Buddha visited his home and met his wife, son, father and mother...He didn't forget them.

Oh, really??? and what are your questions?

Why doesn't Robert Adams marry a frog or a goldfish? Lol ��

No no no nooooo .. it is how identity works . Identity is identity . What you are now bringing to the table is non identification with a false identity . Well you need to know the real identity to know of the false lol .

You are just changing the goal posts like unseeing seeker did . He brought to the table attachments and detachments to identity . It’s not about true or false or how attached you are to what that is or not .

Identification is identification .

Robert married his wife . It’s that simple . It’s something that you can’t seem to admit because of what teachings there are .

Robert identifies himself in reflection of his wife . You say that’s not how it works but it is .

How does he identify with his male identity without there being a comparison had to that which is female .

How does he identify with his human form without there being a comparison had to that which is an animal?

Please answer for reasons why this isn’t so .

I have asked you to talk me through the process of getting married without being identified .

In regards to your question regarding who is the real gyani, I haven’t a clue ..

Isn’t it purely subjective based upon what one believes to be true .

x daz x
Old 19-03-2020, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Why doesn't Robert Adams marry a frog or a goldfish? Lol 😂

Like said it's a serious question and it is straightforward .

How does Robert know the difference between a goldfish and a cat and his wife without being self identified .

x daz x
Old 19-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Master

Quote:

You haven’t addressed any of my questions .

Why doesn’t Robert marry a cat? I say this because an unidentified non person would not know what a cat is or a female human is .

So please talk me through the process of how an unidentified non person can end up marrying a female human and not a cat .

There seems to be some confusion here over the nature of identification. A human being is pure Being which individualises as consciousness which expresses through personality to experience the worlds of form.

Most people identify with personality (mind/emotions/physical body) and are bound by the limitations of the personality, considering themselves to be separate from all around them.

The realised individual identifies with pure Being, knowing themselves to be everywhere and nowhere. Individualised consciousness is still present allowing pure Being to experience existence through a particular vehicle. Personality is just a set of particular patterns and conditioning through which consciousness finds expression, but personality is no longer an identity.

So the realised Being can still function in form, recognising that one form is labelled a cat while another form is labelled a human being. The realised Being knows that everything is an expression of Being but can still choose not to step out in front of a bus.

The problem is the false belief that "If Robert Adams isn’t self identified then he wouldn’t be able to identify another. This is how identify works. It is awareness of self in reflection of others." By this definition a realised Being could not function in the worlds of form. But this is not how true Identification works. This is the mind trying to conceptualise that which is beyond mental understanding. Realising the reality removes the need for any such concepts.

Peace
Old 19-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
I'm dedicating this thread to Robert Adams (neo-Advaita teacher).

Will share some of the core teachings of Sri Robert Adams here

Change no one.
Change nothing.
React to no one, react to nothing.
Do not live in the past and do not worry about the future.
Stay in the eternal now, where all is well.

After all you are me and I am you.
There's no difference.
Do not react to the world.
Do not even react to your own body.
Do not even react to your own thoughts.
Learn to become the witness.
Learn to be quiet.

Robert Adams

My plaything has become an expert at this I take all the credit of course.
Old 20-03-2020, 08:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
There seems to be some confusion here over the nature of identification. A human being is pure Being which individualises as consciousness which expresses through personality to experience the worlds of form.

Most people identify with personality (mind/emotions/physical body) and are bound by the limitations of the personality, considering themselves to be separate from all around them.

The realised individual identifies with pure Being, knowing themselves to be everywhere and nowhere. Individualised consciousness is still present allowing pure Being to experience existence through a particular vehicle. Personality is just a set of particular patterns and conditioning through which consciousness finds expression, but personality is no longer an identity.

So the realised Being can still function in form, recognising that one form is labelled a cat while another form is labelled a human being. The realised Being knows that everything is an expression of Being but can still choose not to step out in front of a bus.

The problem is the false belief that "If Robert Adams isn’t self identified then he wouldn’t be able to identify another. This is how identify works. It is awareness of self in reflection of others." By this definition a realised Being could not function in the worlds of form. But this is not how true Identification works. This is the mind trying to conceptualise that which is beyond mental understanding. Realising the reality removes the need for any such concepts.

Peace

There is no confusion on my part I assure you . I know the difference between being self aware of this world without identification . I know the difference between being aware of this world but the self isn’t identified in reflection of what is perceived .

All that you and Tara are doing is identifying what you are as pure ‘being’ well that is an identification lol and you are blinded to it ..

You then identify again that identifying through the personality / mind^body experience when getting married to another doesn’t classify as being in true indentification .

And again all this mindfulness that is given as a get out of jail free card is just more mindfulness that creates a theory about how pure being supersedes identity .

It’s the guru mind trap .

It’s rife amongst forum goers because they don’t know the difference between I AM awareness without identification and I AM awareness with it in effect .

This is why I have asked several times for answers pertaining to talking me through the steps required to get married without any reply .

All I am hearing is that it’s okay to self identify and get married knowing the identifications made are not true .

That means like said to Tara that there has to be a self identification had in mind of what is true in order to compare the falsities .

One would have to ask a peep that say’s that his wife isn’t really his wife, but will marry her regardless and have children with her that are not really children .

It’s not living a true reality . It’s not being honest with oneself in line with ones beliefs .

A true peep absorbed in the love of God or what they are that see’s everything the same would not settle for a dream character wife for love .

It really doesn’t work like that ..

Have either of you and unseeking seeker been in the love of what you are that doesn’t reflect self in any capacity’

If you did you would see the differences I am pointing out ..

There is just being the love of what you are, then there is the love of the world and your wife and children and all things .

There is not even the reference for your wife or this world in the Love of what you are that is beyond self and self identification .

What you are all doing is trying to fit one with the other and it doesn’t work .

These contain similar issues for misguided peeps who think this world is a dream or there is no self present .

x daz x
Old 20-03-2020, 08:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Hey, Daz!

Have you read iamthat's reply?

Please read his reply carefully

`

I have, please read my reply carefully .

All these conclusions you are all making reflects identity . It reflects both what you see as true and false identities .

The true identity that is reflected as pure being you don't see as identity when it is .

This is a mindful conclusion made based upon being pure awareness that can see that the wife is not really a wife .

This is all mindful and you use this mindfulness as not being a true reflection of what is beyond mind or self .

You like said are negating your own premise because it's all mind .

You're trying to be the peep that say's the world is dreamy but you are not dreamy, you're trying to be the real fish in an unreal pond .

It doesn't work and you can't see why it doesn't .

x daz x