Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
Another HSP here. It wasnt until adulthood that I realise I was a sensitive, but once I did my entire life made a lot of sense. Like you Naturesflow, I feel both empowered and cursed by it. I feel everything every deeply which is wonderful but very painful depending on what is being felt. I am really sensitive to the vulnerability and the beauty in all things. Interesting, I rarely come across as sensitive to those who don't know me because I am very introverted and don't show my feelings outwardly.

This is it the way I feel too. I don't think HSPs go out of their way to declare their sensitivities. I know I don't because unfortunately I think it's seen as a weakness. I need a lot of time on my own to recharge my batteries. I am extremely introverted, 90 percent on the Myers Brigg scale. Large crowds, which I mostly avoid, drain me.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
This is it the way I feel too. I don't think HSPs go out of their way to declare their sensitivities. I know I don't because unfortunately I think it's seen as a weakness. I need a lot of time on my own to recharge my batteries. I am extremely introverted, 90 percent on the Myers Brigg scale. Large crowds, which I mostly avoid, drain me.

Hmm likewise, I score very high on that too. I think being sensitive is only an issue if one lives through that label, which is what I think Naturesflow is saying as well. I know I feel things more deeply and that resonates with what being sensitive is which has been reassuring for me to realise given my experiences over the years, but beyond that I have no interest in presenting myself as 'sensitive' in the same one that one might present themselves as a goth or Christian or whatever. I certainly don't see sensitivity as an illness, in fact it may suggest the more natural state of being/connection.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
Hmm likewise, I score very high on that too. I think being sensitive is only an issue if one lives through that label, which is what I think Naturesflow is saying as well. I know I feel things more deeply and that resonates with what being sensitive is which has been reassuring for me to realise given my experiences over the years, but beyond that I have no interest in presenting myself as 'sensitive' in the same one that one might present themselves as a goth or Christian or whatever. I certainly don't see sensitivity as an illness, in fact it may suggest the more natural state of being/connection.

Yes I agree. I don't think it's helpful to label yourself as such, although I do think Elaine Aron is producing research and material which focuses on the positive aspects of it. I also don't see it as any kind of illness. And for me my spiritual side is stronger. Interestingly I am going through an awakening at the moment and many of the symptoms, I have already/is my natural way of being as part of being sensitive.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
Yes I agree. I don't think it's helpful to label yourself as such, although I do think Elaine Aron is producing research and material which focuses on the positive aspects of it. I also don't see it as any kind of illness. And for me my spiritual side is stronger. Interestingly I am going through an awakening at the moment and many of the symptoms, I have already/is my natural way of being as part of being sensitive.

Yes my thoughts are the same, I try not to identify with any sort of label beyond what is useful for me in terms of being aware of what helps/doesn't help me. Elaine Aron has done so much good work in raising awareness of how those of us with greater sensitivity experience the world. I have her book somewhere but haven't read it in years. I couldn;t believe how much I could relate to. It summed me up so well that I could feel more at peace with many aspects of my childhood and also with my introversion as a lot of highly sensitive people are introverts as you probably know. My awakening started a few years ago and I know what you mean about it being your natural way of being. That's why I see HSP's as being deeply connected to the world.