Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-06-2011, 10:34 PM
stepspractice

A New Message from God?

For over 20 years, Marshall Vian Summers has lived in Boulder, Colorado, quietly receiving and writing what he claims is a new message from God. Now, a community of vocal believers is growing up around him, both in Colorado and around the world. Many of them believe Summers is God's chosen messenger for our time and consider the 8,700 pages of "sacred texts" he has received to be the foundation of a new world religion.

Have you heard of him?

The new message states it offers a path out of the darkness of separation, a path to a new life in service to the human family at a critical time in history.

He is likened to other great messengers like Buddha, Mohammed and Jesus...

What do you think?
Old 30-06-2011, 10:54 PM
moke64916

I don't believe he is the only messenger of God. I believe he could be ONE of those messangers. What is he preaching about this message? What does it have to do with? I'm interested in this message.
Old 30-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Master
I'm with Moke I believe also we ALL have the ability to be messengers of God.
Spiritlite.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 AM
SerpentQueen

Thanks for sharing. That was a really good read. There was nothing in there that didn't resonate with me. In some parts, I was practically sweating, it resonated so strongly. And, I admit, I found this way more accessible than most of the new age channeled stuff.

I agree with Moke and Spiritlite, we all have the ability to be messengers - but that was kinda the gist of the New Message. :-)

EDIT to add: there's nothing wrong with the new age channeled stuff... some of it is really very good. I just don't think it needs the whole wrapper of "Channeled from Metradome" or whatever. It's your higher self talking to you - aka your inner Knowledge, as Van Summers calls it. Why do we need to dress it up in some silly name or character or superhero? When you channel, it's you. Yes, you. You are just that awesome and wise!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Inner Listening for Knowl

i'm going to tune in @10 am Mountain (GMT -7) Sunday

Wow, thanks stepspractice!
I'm going to tune in @10am Mountain Sunday at newmessage dot org to see the messenger, Marshall Vian Summers speak.
I hope to see you all there...other thoughts...

I have been really impacted and just immersed in the website, as a result of coming into a deeper experience with this man's work since I found it at newmessage dot org thursday. also greatwavesofchange dot org has 4 free chapters at it, from his new book, The Great Waves of Change: Navigating the Difficult Times Ahead that I really resonated with even more strongly personally, since I am someone who, for the past couple decades, has been feeling concerned, worried about the uncertain future we are seeing everyday the world, as one human family, collectively emerging into, at this time.

Rather than merely agreeing or disagreeing at the level of the surface intellect and its thoughts and assumptions alone, this man's few works I have read (below) really resonate at a deeper experiential level, at the level of the deeper conscience for me, the conscience that God, not society has put within each of us, at birth. At this deeper level of the heart, this resonates and is a 'yes' for me; it is not something I could just read one excerpt of it, and know what it was all about. No, to really know, I had to have a real experience of it for myself. One of the things I resonated with was the Step 10 from his book Steps to Knowledge: The Book of Inner Knowing. The Step is called,

" Step 10: What is Knowledge?

LET US SAY THAT KNOWLEDGE is not the things that are usually
associated with it.

It is not ideas.
It is not a body of information.
It is not a system of belief.
It is not a process of self-
evaluation.

It is the great mystery of your life.Its outward
manifestations are profound intuition, great insight, inexplicable
knowing, wise perception in the present and in the future and wise
understanding of the past.

But despite these great achievements of mind, Knowledge is greater than this. It is your True Self, a Self that is
not apart from life.

PRACTICE 10: Read the lesson three times today."

as copied from the pdf avail. free to download/print from the non profit publisher, New Knowledge Library, just do a search for it.

I mean, I resonate with that!
Have you ever known something inexplicably?
Have you ever been with a parent 'see' their child behind their back-across the yard, or had a parent or loved one respond to their child’s danger signals w/o seeing them with their five senses alone?
Have you ever had an intuition, a premonition, a precognitive experience of something about to happen, that did happen, exactly nearly as you foresaw it? What explains these experiences, other than the Holy Spirit we're all born with?
Have you ever heard a live combat vet speak of their supernatural ability to focus to stay alive, which allowed them to know and see things, beyond their 5 senses, often in real time, that affected them and their teammates?
Have you ever had a feeling in your gut or feeling of restraint that proved to be eerily accurate and was necessary for you to slow down before you rushed into the accident on the highway, before you married that wrong person, before you committed yourself/resources away, to something you were only JUST GUESSING you really knew about?

I have had stuff like this happen, off and on, all the time!
Especially since I was about 7-8 years old, before the world and culture attempts to drum it out of you and tell you that intellectual problem solving and empirical/conventional thinking can explain everything! As though God and the universe were limited by fledgling human thinking and human anthropocentric views of life itself!

Certainly none of my surface intellect's non-eternal ideas explain these deeper experiences! I believe I was born with a relatively bright mind, but my feeble little intellect and its 'cult'ural education cannot attempt to explain how the universe and God works within it! And, while I'm at it, nor can science explain them, nor philosophy, all of which are made by only one hemisphere of the brain, the one that has caused the world we see, the deprivation, the sick violence, the competition, the fear, the over reaction, etc.

I'm just sayin', there is a lot of life, if you're present to it, as it is, that is not really explainable, not by any holy book anywhere, from anytime, either. it just is. You can say its explain able, but do you know that, i mean: really know that? Like you've experienced that life is entirely explainable and everything that happened in your experience was explainable? I cannot.

I have had to admit a place in my life for the Mystery of the Holy Spirit. The Mystery and Grace and pervading Wisdom, that is the work of the Holy Spirit--by whatever name we give it--it is not bound by human convention or religious belief, it simply is. take it or leave it, it will still be there, right by our side, unseen but heard, FELT, and evidenced, everywhere, everyday. that is what I feel an dhave experienced, there is a greater reality that we cannot explain or fully account for.

I say I resonate with this, because in my own experience, I have found that I DO know things after or during a meditation. I have found that with sincere intent and asking daily for a while, that I HAVE known with certainty what to do facing a big decision, about a person, a place, or a thing in my life. I have found that these 2 things already really ring true to me, inside, way way below my thoughts.

So, this has been a real find for me stepspractice, thank you for sharing it! what a great site this is, thanks to the creator for making it. and I'm looking forward to experiencing this man's talk on Sunday. I hope that it will have to do with real 'Freedom' and independence from the worldly surface intellect and its fears/thoughts/preferences/desires, to follow who we really are, whom we are here to meet, and what we must do, to contribute constructively, to a world in great need now.

I would invite you all ot have an open minded experience of this man's work as I have. it has been a new revelation for me.

things are really changing fast and check out whatawaytogomovie dot com sometime if you have a chance. the blip dot tv link that they have on there really resonates with the great waves of change that so many people are seeing and feeling coming out there now...

...stay attentive and present minded and open to your deeper experience out there folks. it will guide you if you are open to it. and guide you remarkably well...
Old 03-07-2011, 01:14 AM
stepspractice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Thanks for sharing. That was a really good read. There was nothing in there that didn't resonate with me. In some parts, I was practically sweating, it resonated so strongly. And, I admit, I found this way more accessible than most of the new age channeled stuff.

So reading his writings/revelations created a very strong resonance within you.
I know when I have had those experiences I feel it is a confirmation, a "yes", that this is truth or that what was said was profoundly authentic and real.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:18 AM
stepspractice

Sounds like "Inner Listening" felt a resonance too. Blessings to you.

Last edited by stepspractice : 03-07-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:28 AM
stepspractice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I'm with Moke I believe also we ALL have the ability to be messengers of God.
Spiritlite.

Throughout history it has been one Teacher receiving a revelation or awakening (Buddha, Muhammed, Jesus) and these great individuals brought a new teaching into the world that was needed for the advancement of people at that point in history.

I believe God is capable of sending another messenger or prophet. I think many people feel discomfort and uncertainty regarding our future. Our current world needs a new Revelation because we need to make some course corrections soon!

I do believe we all have the ability to advance spiritually, but I do not believe we can all be Messengers at that level. I think we can learn and study from these great Teachers, but I know that I personally am not advanced enough to bring a new message into the world. :)
Old 03-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepspractice
For over 20 years, Marshall Vian Summers has lived in Boulder, Colorado, quietly receiving and writing what he claims is a new message from God. Now, a community of vocal believers is growing up around him, both in Colorado and around the world. Many of them believe Summers is God's chosen messenger for our time and consider the 8,700 pages of "sacred texts" he has received to be the foundation of a new world religion.

Have you heard of him?

The new message states it offers a path out of the darkness of separation, a path to a new life in service to the human family at a critical time in history.

He is likened to other great messengers like Buddha, Mohammed and Jesus...

What do you think?

Why would a person follow a man who claims to speak for something called God when that person knows nothing about this God himself.
In others words, this person is starting off by assuming there is a God and then believing there is this man who speaks for him.
It makes no good sense what so ever. It is a recipe for disaster.
If there is a God and one believes that then call on this God and insist that it reveal itself..............
James
Old 03-07-2011, 01:34 AM
stepspractice

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I don't believe he is the only messenger of God. I believe he could be ONE of those messangers. What is he preaching about this message? What does it have to do with? I'm interested in this message.

I don't think I could even begin to sum it up. It is too vast... He is stated to have had over 800 encounters with the Angelic Presence which has resulted in 8,700 pages of Revelation.

You could always check it out on the web... New Message from God.

But here is one quote from the teaching that I found moving...

"God's New Message is like a seedling in the world; like a child, pure and uncorrupted. It has come because of the dire condition of our world and the suffering of people everywhere."

The message speaks of a new era for humanity. A new way forward.