Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 18-07-2014, 11:39 PM
yumi14

Anime movies with spirituality as a focus?

Does anyone know of any good anime movies or series with a spirituality focus to watch for free on YouTube or somewhere? Even Hulu?

So far I've found only 2

Colorful: The Movie
Found this on Hulu

Ghost Hound found on YouTube.
(This is a series of 22 videos) you can find it dubbed in English.
Does anyone know of any others?

Thank you
Old 19-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Megamedes

I really like DN Angel. I think it puts a great spin on the whole light vs dark theme. Though I do not know whether there is a place you can watch them online.
Old 25-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Master
Have you seen Natume Yujin-cho series, Mushi-shi, and Ghost Hunt? You can find them on Crunchyroll or GoGoAnime for free. DN Angel is available on GoGoAnime. Both sites have plenty of genres to choose from. I've never seen Ghost Hound and I am looking forward to it. Thanks.
Old 26-07-2014, 05:21 AM
yumi14

I've found another one:

Serial Experiments: Lain

Its on YouTube and is a series of about 13 episodes.

I haven't gone too far into it yet, but it's a take on reality, philosophy and other things. Seems interesting. I like these deep shows that get you thinking and wondering about out of the box things.

Thanks for the replies and recommendations, everyone. I will check them out :)
Old 27-07-2014, 12:47 AM
Master
I name a number of them, but they have to come to mind...

Ergo Proxy is about Animas and Animuses and the psychological aspects of our worlds. If you watch it, imagine that the Autoraves represent Egos and the Proxies represent Animas and Animuses. Its very dark but its definitely spiritual and has light through it as you watch, same creator as Witch Hunter Robin which is also a very spiritual and mystical animation about people born with Psionic abilities who are in turn treated unfairly by society and hunted down by other 'witches' and witch hunters.

A lot of Animes and Animations have spiritual messages to them, you just have to be open minded and look more inwardly when you watch them.
Old 27-07-2014, 12:49 AM
Master
Vampire Hunter D is another one, as it covers a what its like to be part of the darkness and the light and choosing to strive for good over evil despite our nature containing bad things within us.

Same with Trinity Blood, a story about vampire that consumes other vampires. Very interesting outlook on things.
Old 27-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Experiencer

I like Death Note. Not sure if you can find it to stream or not. It's a darker one involving death gods and well...death. But it's kind of fun.

There's a very interesting series I saw a couple years ago that I will now try to find the title of! It's also somewhat dark, and even confusing as it runs on parallel lifelines, but very interesting...you just have to be attentive and patient with it. Hope I can find that one...

And one of my favorites (don't laugh) is card captor Sakura! As long as it's the Japanese version... The English dub uses some really stupid names that are not even close to the characters' names...just drives me nuts. The series has less of a spiritual context than the manga, but it still deals with Magic.

And lastly, ANYTHING by Hayao Miyazaki. His films are much lighter and for the child at heart. My Friend Totoro IS a kids' movie, but Princess Mononoke is not. Spirited Away and Howle's Moving Castle are the in-between a. All of his films are beautiful though.
Old 27-07-2014, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
And lastly, ANYTHING by Hayao Miyazaki. His films are much lighter and for the child at heart. My Friend Totoro IS a kids' movie, but Princess Mononoke is not. Spirited Away and Howle's Moving Castle are the in-between a. All of his films are beautiful though.

I second this, and Princess Mononoke is absolutely one of the most beautiful animations I have ever seen in my entire life - its concepts, music, everything, sent shivers through me like was looking at something that could have been real to an extent. Definitely recommend it!
Old 27-07-2014, 01:33 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
There's a very interesting series I saw a couple years ago that I will now try to find the title of! It's also somewhat dark, and even confusing as it runs on parallel lifelines, but very interesting...you just have to be attentive and patient with it. Hope I can find that one...

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
http://myanimelist.net/anime/934/Hig...o_Naku_Koro_ni
I'm beginning to remember, this one is seriously dark. Lots of blood shed, etc. I am not sure if I'm even allowed to suggest this one on SF! Lol. It's intense, but so good! I couldn't even begin to explain what it's about though.

Edit: no seriously, it's the most demented, twisted, shocking anime you will ever see. I highly recommend it! Lol (if you are 18 or older or mature enough for R rated things *ahem*)
Old 27-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Master
Oh goodness, that's a very dark one, I don't know about spiritual but my goodness that's a great series - including its sequel.