Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Now you're just being unreasonable for chuckles.
No. I am wondering how you know this to be true, when you constantly berate others who suggest that they know things.
Quote:
If everything isn't spirit manifesting as something in the physical, what do you think spirit is? Or does? Or how it works?
First of all you are presuming that such a thing as spirit exists. Can you prove it?
What does it do? I don't know. Do you? If so, how do you know?
How does it work? First prove it exists before wondering how it works.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
It must be wonderful for you to know this. Most of us have to form opinions based on experience and suchlike; opinions about which we can never be certain.

Like that the "placebo effect" is an anomaly--an acceptable excuse to break the rules? It's a scientific fudge factor, a belief masked as fact.

But it seems logical to me that if there is ONE rat who doesn't contract a disease when implanted with the disease cells, then it isn't causal.

Or put another way, if there is ONE person that doesn't respond in the way your theory posits, then it's invalid. It means that some other factor will affect it.

We have been so brain-washed with this idea of germs causing disease that it is now in the same realm as spiritual dogma and superstition.

The fact is, there are 100,000 times MORE "germs" (microbes, bacteria, etc.) in the body than there are genomes in your DNA. Here is a quote:

"Your body is made up of around ten trillion cells, but you harbour a hundred trillion bacteria. For every gene in your genome, there are 100 bacterial ones."

They have all kinds of functions in the body, from the moment you are born and your mother's birth canal covers your skin with bacteria that cause your skin to create a waxy, protective covering--to the moment you die.

What works is what we believe works. Now, before you say that we can try to innoculate people and see what they get--it is unfair in this society, in this culture at this time on earth. The infallibility of science has been so ingrained that people believe entirely that ...germs cause disease.

It is our belief that germs cause disease--that causes the disease. And some kind of belief that we need to be punished.

Odd that a whole generation of people who became sexually active when the society around them frowned on it---suddenly developed this disease that never went away--herpes. Or that the current generation (some of whom believe that oral sex is not sex) develop a formerly unknown HPV. And that exposure was carried by men but manifest in women? And that it could eventually cause cervical cancer?

It's what a society believes to be true that happens. I believe it was true from the beginning. We look back on other cultures with condescending, jaundiced eye and say: "They were uneducated." Is that true? Or are we "uneducated" in what actually makes things "manifest" in our world?

Are you really open to all ideas, Ecthalion?

L
Old 12-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Like that the "placebo effect" is an anomaly--an acceptable excuse to break the rules? It's a scientific fudge factor, a belief masked as fact.
The placebo effect proves that our thoughts can affect our bodies. It does not prove that our thoughts can affect the outside world.
Quote:
We have been so brain-washed with this idea of germs causing disease that it is now in the same realm as spiritual dogma and superstition.
Do you not believe in germs? Next time you have an operation the surgeon needn't bother to wash his hands.

Quote:
It's what a society believes to be true that happens. I believe it was true from the beginning. We look back on other cultures with condescending, jaundiced eye and say: "They were uneducated." Is that true? Or are we "uneducated" in what actually makes things "manifest" in our world?
Can you give any realistic proof?

Quote:
Are you really open to all ideas, Ecthalion?
Yes I am if they come with suppoting evidence.
Will you accept any old rubbish you would like to believe as truth, even if it cannot be supported by facts Isle Walker?
Old 12-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
What you just stated was that you don't have money (and therefore won't have), that you "don't have enough to survive on", etc. Each time you reinforce your need, you are causing it to come to you. Whatever you believe, it's true.

Lora

So if Law of Attraction works, then, how come you're not a millionaire?
Old 12-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
Because that would prove the theory to be true.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
First of all you are presuming that such a thing as spirit exists. Can you prove it?
Oh brother. Yes well I suppose I used to argue about nothing at all 20 years ago. But I don't do that no more. Carry on.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Oh brother. Yes well I suppose I used to argue about nothing at all 20 years ago. But I don't do that no more. Carry on.
I just wonder why you like to criticise other's beliefs but will not entertain any ideas which contradict your own beliefs.
Still, if you like to tell others 'off', but not to be criticised yourself, then carry on.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Suspended
Quote:

I think I might go outside and eat soil.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:

Perhaps I don't want to be.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Lorelyen

Honestly, all this theory-this and theory-that, supposition, hypothesis, speculation and on - no one can prove spirit - they'd have a hard time proving anything - because the knowledge, the theory is esoteric.

Law of Attraction? All anyone can say about that is that it might work. Then again it might not. Useful, that, innit? But it sells books.