Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Humm

Einstein once posited that the only way to verify the reality of the universe would be to observe from outside the universe - but I feel that just pushes the problem back one more universe.

Until I can do something else, I'll just have to keep the faith.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
contentest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Philosophy is a house of cards IMO.
And this house is the longest-standing construction mankind has ever erected. Either we are cheating with some badass glue, or the weather in the realms of thought is so perfectly still like a beautiful... well I'm not sure what time of year it's the calmest because I'm not a meteorologist, so just pretend I said something apt.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Smile Space The Only Frontier

Quote:
Infinite is to space as eternity is to time.

That may be more correctly stated as 'spacial/spatiality". I dunno.

If we consider the info based on our observations and big bang-like scenario's, then we have a macro-micro infinite non-occupied space.

And the a quenatum fluctuation causes the poof! ergo our finite
[b]Uni[/B verse begins as a macro-finite Universe and expands outward.

So based only on that info there is no reason to think that is other Universes or that our is not macro-finite.

Now the other consideration is of systemic integrity aka wholeness integrity ergo wholeness may in of itself imply/infer a finite-ness.

Most peoople have no idea the size of currently observed Universe, yet they will easily say the Universe is infinite, with little to know logical common sense to go along with their conclusions.

Rybo the Rybot from planet Rybon spreading Rybonic Seed
Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Student4Life1975

I think reality is a relative term, specific to whoever is "experiencing" the events in question, and how they perceive them. It's mentioned that certain scientific instruments can give us insight into things, that we cannot otherwise experience naturally. That's a good point. But maybe these instruments are detecting the very same things we are, just allowing us to interpret these events in a different way, like 2 people witnessing a robbery. The event occured regardless of how the two witnesses explain it, but they both may have drastically different views on the overall explanation of it.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Einstein once posited that the only way to verify the reality of the universe would be to observe from outside the universe - but I feel that just pushes the problem back one more universe.

Until I can do something else, I'll just have to keep the faith.

To know the water the goldfish must jump out of the bowl and risk suffocation!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Metaphysical Concept Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
To know the water the goldfish must jump out of the bowl and risk suffocation!

Uma, that is true, however, even if entity within Universe, wanted to jump outside of Universe, it could not. We cannot physically get outside of Universe. imho

However, we can conceptually place ourselves outside of conceptual Universe, and look back in upon the finite Universe, as tho were a God{ ess } holding the whole Universe in our hands.

That it is a unique ability of humans. imho.

As a ten year old, i remmember standing or laying on ground with my friends and lookiing at the stars and thinking or saying out loud, that maybe we--- the Universe/cosmos ----were inside a really large human.

That scenario can be followed on out to macro-infinity type recycling/repeating scenarios.

Rybo the Rybot

Last edited by r6r6 : 08-06-2012 at 01:06 PM.